Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Operatives burst is out of control and needed to be nerfed.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Operatives burst is out of control and needed to be nerfed.

Anbokr
01.29.2012 , 03:19 AM | #21
Their initial combo does more damage than most classes can do over a 10 second period. Pretty sure an ape can see that something is wrong with that. The burst nerf was needed, buff their sustained or w/e, but getting bursted from 100% to 0% is no fun for anyone (well, except I guess for 10% of the population playing operatives/smuggler.

Vallowen
01.29.2012 , 04:21 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by SchizoX View Post
Sorry but I have to agree with the OP. Their burst is insane. This video shows it all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHROpsxoWVE
before or after the biochem nerfs? and what was the trooper's gear?

Vallowen
01.29.2012 , 04:24 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Anbokr View Post
Their initial combo does more damage than most classes can do over a 10 second period. Pretty sure an ape can see that something is wrong with that. The burst nerf was needed, buff their sustained or w/e, but getting bursted from 100% to 0% is no fun for anyone (well, except I guess for 10% of the population playing operatives/smuggler.

yes, the burst is high. but if you cannot kill someone that quickly, you wont kill them ever. because the dmg drops to almost nothing straight after, and we have no tools to maintain melee range.

so nerf the burst sure, but move some of that dmg into some mobility, or more sustained, or better def CDs. because wow, we melt soooo fast if we get caught in the open with no vanish

Darth_Nox
01.29.2012 , 04:27 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Anbokr View Post
And after their initial combo, they do the least damage of any other class.

They exist to do an unfair thing out of stealth as a surprise. Counter the stealth and you counter their abilities completely.

I know, that's too hard.
No good deed goes unpunished.