Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

"Lady" title for female Sith


Korrigan's Avatar


Korrigan
01.25.2012 , 03:30 AM | #1
Could you please add the "Lady" title as OPTION for female Sith characters?
It's a bit weird to me to see my female Sith Marauder named "Lord <namehere>".
It fits the lore too, e.g. Darth Maladi was also called "Lady Maladi" (actually she was mostly called that way, rarely if ever "Darth", and never "Lord").

This shouldn't take too much developer time

Thanks!
"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent." - Qui-Gon Jinn.

Valcutio's Avatar


Valcutio
01.25.2012 , 03:31 AM | #2
Agreed. Atleast make it an option. Solves all issues.
~*~*~*~Snowstorm~*~*~*~
-Mask of Nihilus Server-
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
"I'm a good guy, I just do bad things." - Valcutio

Korrigan's Avatar


Korrigan
01.25.2012 , 03:32 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Valcutio View Post
Agreed. Atleast make it an option. Solves all issues.
Yes yes, an OPTION of course, keep the "Lord" title too for those who prefer - I don't intend to remove anything someone could enjoy
"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent." - Qui-Gon Jinn.

Liaer's Avatar


Liaer
01.25.2012 , 03:33 AM | #4
I vote we make Lord AND Lady available for both genders.

Mephismo's Avatar


Mephismo
01.25.2012 , 03:34 AM | #5
I agree, could be annoying for the RP crowd and the occasional cross dresser

pursang's Avatar


pursang
01.25.2012 , 03:34 AM | #6
There was already a Lady title in Beta, then it was taken out for the more gender-neutral Lord.
"He who slays monsters must look at himself to make sure he does not become the monster."
- Nietzsche

Toweleeeie's Avatar


Toweleeeie
01.25.2012 , 03:35 AM | #7
Im a fan of "Mistress" myself.
I like turtles

Korrigan's Avatar


Korrigan
01.25.2012 , 03:39 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Liaer View Post
I vote we make Lord AND Lady available for both genders.
Except it's not canon. Females were called Lord or Lady, males Lord, that's it. I can also see the potential abuses here... definitely a bad idea in my opinion.

Quote: Originally Posted by Toweleeeie View Post
Im a fan of "Mistress" myself.
Would maybe fit a "dark dungeons of the hutt" game, but definitely not a Jedi

Quote: Originally Posted by pursang View Post
There was already a Lady title in Beta, then it was taken out for the more gender-neutral Lord.
Bah, why remove something that works and fits the lore?
"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent." - Qui-Gon Jinn.

Zorvan's Avatar


Zorvan
01.25.2012 , 03:45 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Korrigan View Post


Would maybe fit a "dark dungeons of the hutt" game, but definitely not a Jedi
(
Mistress is a term of respect for a Lady Sith already ingame. It is also a term of respect used for the lady of the house by servants in real life. In fact, it's even used by equals in real life, such as a man politely asking "May I get the door for you mistress?" in lieu of saying "my lady", or "ma'am".

Korrigan's Avatar


Korrigan
01.25.2012 , 03:50 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Zorvan View Post
Mistress is a term of respect for a Lady Sith already ingame. It is also a term of respect used for the lady of the house by servants in real life. In fact, it's even used by equals in real life, such as a man politely asking "May I get the door for you mistress?" in lieu of saying "my lady", or "ma'am".
Ah for a Sith lady yeah, I thought he wanted "Mistress" as Jedi title as counterpart of "Master"

Even then, it's only a term of respect very occasionally used, not a real title, which are Lord/Lady and Darth. There's a problem too, Jedi get Master, so if you give Mistress to Sith Ladies, you'll have the males who gonna want "Master" too... a bit too confusing in my opinion.
"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent." - Qui-Gon Jinn.