Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Follow Player function not working

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Follow Player function not working

Desdechado
12.13.2011 , 05:17 PM | #1
Hi, I wanted to report an in-game issue. The auto-follow function or Follow Player function is not working. If a friend puts their character on follow to mine and go afk, their character starts to follow initially but after a few seconds, they run in place and stop following at all. This is kind-of annoying. Can you all look into that and fix it?
It'll also be annoying for anyone that likes to dual-box.

Xandire
12.14.2011 , 11:00 AM | #2
Yeah, I specifically tested this in beta and it was working before. But I just tested it now and it isn't working. Like said, they'll start following for a few seconds and then get "stuck", starting running in place for a couple seconds and then just stand still altogether. Not sure why it's happening. I tried testing it out on different landscape features to see if it was happening at landscape transitions, like walkway to dirt, or entrances to buildings, etc., etc. But even on teh same landscape pattern, it still seems to happen consistently no matter what.

Xandire
12.14.2011 , 11:16 AM | #3
Oh, as a follow-on to the follow function not working, it's pretty annoying how when someone is on follow, how the camera keeps moving around and isn't facing forward all the time. Is there a way to lock it so that the camera is always facing forward unless you actually use your mouse to move the camera?

SablePhoenix
12.14.2011 , 12:10 PM | #4
I've noticed this issue yesterday, in three separate instances. Whether it was a friend following me or me boxing a second account, after less than 30 seconds of following, the character that was doing the following would stop, run in place, then stop following.

I tried this with the fast computer doing the following and with the faster computer doing the leading since at first i thought it might be due to latency issues. Auto follow is a big feature for my wife and I since we use it so one can go afk to do things, like bathroom breaks, checking on dinner, and the like.

I hope this feature is fixed soon.