Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Are names saved to an account for a short period if you delete the char??

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Are names saved to an account for a short period if you delete the char??

Clemsonalum
12.13.2011 , 07:12 AM | #1
I am at work so dont have much time to make my chars but I want to at least save my names.

Clemsonalum
12.13.2011 , 07:16 AM | #2
Anyone?

Clemsonalum
12.13.2011 , 07:22 AM | #3
And one FINAL shot....

Swedishoyster
12.13.2011 , 07:24 AM | #4
This is important to know for a lot of people.
CE VIP

Intel i7-2600K - Asus P8P67 - 16 GB DDR3 - Gainward Geforce GTX 570 Phantom - OCZ Vertex 3 MaxIOPS 120 GB SSD+WD Velociraptor 500 GB - Corsair AX850 Watt - Fractal Design Define R3

Fafnir
12.13.2011 , 07:28 AM | #5
Dont know their policy on this, but in WoW i experienced that they had a timer once you deleted a char,, i deleted a char on 1 account, i could not use the name on 2nd account, took an hour i think before i could reuse it.
Fafnir teh hosstheef

Amarinth
12.13.2011 , 07:31 AM | #6
I'd like to know as well, though I'm guessing the name will only be reserved for a brief period of time as it is in most MMO's. I've heard of situations where names took ages to be released for reuse by anyone including the account that the name was on before, which is very annoying when it happens.

What I tend to do is create a bunch of random placeholder characters with the names I want. Then later, when I have more time, I mess around with the customization options and write down the position of the sliders (very easy thanks to the numbers on each slider in TOR) I want to use for each character and only after that I delete the placeholders and really quickly replace them with the finalized character and hope there's no major delay between character deletion and the name becoming available to me again.
We all have our heroes. And when we watch them fall, we die inside...

Clemsonalum
12.13.2011 , 07:32 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Fafnir View Post
Dont know their policy on this, but in WoW i experienced that they had a timer once you deleted a char,, i deleted a char on 1 account, i could not use the name on 2nd account, took an hour i think before i could reuse it.

I am hoping this is the case.... Thanks.

Clemsonalum
12.13.2011 , 08:48 AM | #8
I hope you guys are correct because I just made all my place holders.

Good luck playing tonight looking forward to joining in on the fun tonight.