Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The reasons this game is doing so well and better than expected.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
The reasons this game is doing so well and better than expected.

Swampfot
01.14.2012 , 11:29 PM | #291
Quote: Originally Posted by Dalindran View Post
Let me guess you get all your "facts" from wikipedia too. The forums in no way shape or form actually represent the majority of opinion in this game. The forums are where the squeakiest of wheels come to squeak. The average player, the majority of players are happily playing the game. If you believe otherwise you are but a fool not worthy of listening to.

Have fun !
If you really think that then you must agree that those that don't like the game has quit it already? How can you put a number to them?

its_them
01.14.2012 , 11:29 PM | #292
If you guys think the game is so good go and play it.

Or you having more fun chatting ish ?

Barracudastr
01.14.2012 , 11:30 PM | #293
Quote: Originally Posted by Dalindran View Post
Let me guess you get all your "facts" from wikipedia too. The forums in no way shape or form actually represent the majority of opinion in this game. The forums are where the squeakiest of wheels come to squeak. The average player, the majority of players are happily playing the game. If you believe otherwise you are but a fool not worthy of listening to.

Have fun !
Let me guess you get all your "facts" from fanboy praise threads too. The forums in no way shape or form actually represent the majority of opinion in this game. The forums are where the squeakiest of wheels come to squeak. The majority of players that hate the game just quit and never come here. If you believe otherwise you are but a fool not worthy of listening to.

Azzras
01.14.2012 , 11:30 PM | #294
Quote: Originally Posted by its_them View Post
If you guys think the game is so good go and play it.

Or you having more fun chatting ish ?
Dual Monitors ftw.
[ █ █ █ █ █] ( ) Ξ█████████████ The Shadowlands █████████████)

Robbehwarrior
01.14.2012 , 11:30 PM | #295
lol holy...

First time checking out the forums since lanch.

I guess you'll have to place me on the pro-tor side because I've been too busy playing and not forum fighting.

Jumajin
01.14.2012 , 11:31 PM | #296
First, having record sales does not mean it will retain record subscriptions. Only the next 4-6 months will tell us that.

I like SWTOR. I do. But would I be playing it if it wasn't Star Wars? Nope. I would not have even Beta Tested it or bought it. I'm being honest here. While I like the game and enjoy it, it's nothing new. It is exactly what they said: a traditional MMO with a storytelling/VO addition.

I already own enough traditional MMOs that I have character time invested in, that I would not have given this one even a cursory glance if not for the Star Wars name, just as I didn't give Rift a glance in February 2011. Maybe I would have tried it down the line on a free trial like I did Rift, but if it wasn't Star Wars, I doubt I would have given it more time than that. Just as I didn't Rift.

So, I like SWTOR because it is Star Wars. No, it isn't different enough from the other traditional MMOs that I own to be anything special, and I want it to succeed because it is the only Star Wars MMO available.

Those are my feelings as someone that enjoys the game, and why.

its_them
01.14.2012 , 11:33 PM | #297
Quote: Originally Posted by Azzras View Post
Dual Monitors ftw.
You can play whilst spamming refresh and typing?

Kakachan
01.14.2012 , 11:33 PM | #298
"The reasons this game is doing so well and better than expected."

Are you playing the same swtor that I'm playing? Or is there another "doing so well and better than expected" game named swtor and they sold me wrong game?

Xugos
01.14.2012 , 11:33 PM | #299
Quote: Originally Posted by Robbehwarrior View Post
lol holy...

First time checking out the forums since lanch.

I guess you'll have to place me on the pro-tor side because I've been too busy playing and not forum fighting.
This forum has better PvP than TOR, brah.
Vorps
The SW:TOR Fanboy:
"EVERYONE, BACK THE !@$# UP! MY OPINION IS FACT!"

Azzras
01.14.2012 , 11:34 PM | #300
Quote: Originally Posted by its_them View Post
You can play whilst spamming refresh and typing?
You cannot?
[ █ █ █ █ █] ( ) Ξ█████████████ The Shadowlands █████████████)