HK-51: How do you get him on hoth

MandalorianOsevn

Discovered that the Precious Cargo quest for HK-51 requires a prerequisite quest to be completed first before it shows up as available. The Hailstorm Brotherhood quest is it's prerequisite at least for Imperials and is confirmed by swtor-spy.com website.

http://www.swtor-spy.com/quests/precious-cargo/6475/

Edited by ArtemisEntrerie

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After you did the pre-req where was the mission giver located for "Precious Cargo" ?

I have a character that is nearly at the level to test it I'm just following what I was told by another person who I know, and was able to get some confirmation of from reliable sources like the website I linked.

I'll provide more info when I can after testing this out.

I think I found that part on Balmora in that quest someone posted about. At the junk vendor that gives the the key to the chest with the datacron also sells a key to a chest in his tent next to him. It that chest was an purple droid part item with some text about it not being normal because it was modded by a Jawa.

I went to that junk dealer, and there was no chest in his tent and the only key to buy from him is the Key to that Space Chest with the Datacron in it which gives +4 Aim.

So i guess your on to something atleast. Since it appears it despawn and spawn again etc. To get that modded part by a Jawa.

Mind posting the name of that part ?

And to the to guy who "found" him, you're lying, Reports even says he wasn't even in BETA at all.

He's out in the open since there is tons of files for him in the client, perhaps this quest line was only tested internaly by Bioware them self. We'll never know for sure if he's ingame or not unless they either reply to this thread :)

Don't know if this has been posted.

This next paragraph has a large spoiler, so head down to #9 if you're trying to avoid these.

The final companion you can pick up is a droid designated HK-51 (similar to HK-47 from the Knights of the Old Republic games). He's a ranged tank/assassin located on Hoth on a crashed ship. Locating him is just the first step in gaining HK-51 as a companion, as you'll have to jump through questing hoops to get him operational (and each faction has its own questline for this).

http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/12/12/swtor-ten-things-you-need-to-know-about-companions/

Located further down the page under 8. There are "bonus" companions.

EDIT: Or Bioware Scrapped the quest line and will make HK-51 a Legacy reward instead.

Edited by Noxside

I went to that junk dealer, and there was no chest in his tent and the only key to buy from him is the Key to that Space Chest with the Datacron in it which gives +4 Aim.

So i guess your on to something atleast. Since it appears it despawn and spawn again etc. To get that modded part by a Jawa.

Its not a droid part, its a Matrix Cube Disassembler: http://www.torhead.com/item/7rZB1LN

Just allows lower level players to acquire it without going to tat.

Edited by Lemon_King

This may or may not help. Probably not, but the question was posed earlier. Revan built HK-47 using the Czerka built HK-24 as a template. I can't wait to start hunting for this quest. It may or may not be a wild goose chase at this point but the fun of the chase is almost as fun as the reward, at least to me.

Above poster, You all minds well stop coming up with theories.

Like I said before, The Hoth questline just says not done yet. I think that's enough to let us know to stop and come back later.

I believe the term you meant was "might as well" and I was only replying to the inquiry someone had earlier in the thread as to where HK-47 actually came from. If he was another iteration of a long line of droids or something different.

Empire Quest:

1) Primary Sources

-Defeat Rogue Agents

-Return to Minder Eight

2) The Maker

-Talk to Tren Vaido

-Loot a Photoreceptor from Old Walker on Tatooine

-Loot a Repulsor Coil from Old Shields on Nar Shaddaa

-Loot a Macrofuser from Old Artillery on Alderaan

-Return to Tren Vaido

-Destroy Upgraded Battle Droids

-Confront Tren Vaido

3) Lethal Decor

-Talk to Koghaa Sentry

-Defeat the Entrance Guards

-Talk to Koghaa the Hutt

4) Ready to Serve

-Loot the Master Identity Chip

-Insert the Programming Spike into the HK droid

Edited by Girdeux

Republic Quest:

1) Unlikely Sources

-Rescue SIS Agents

-Return to Agent Iella

2) The Droid Butcher

-Talk to Banikou

-Loot the specialized part from the modded droid on Balmorra

-Loot the specialized part from the modded droid on Tatooine

-Loot the specialized part from the modded droid on Alderaan

-Return to Banikou

3) Breaking and Entering

-Destroy Assault Droids

-Find Doctor Lighton

-Talk to Doctor Lighton

4) New Programming

-Insert the HK programming spike into an HK droid

Now OBVIOUSLY these quests can be changed, but thats what it is at the moment.

And to the to guy who "found" him, you're lying, Reports even says he wasn't even in BETA at all.

He's out in the open since there is tons of files for him in the client, perhaps this quest line was only tested internaly by Bioware them self. We'll never know for sure if he's ingame or not unless they either reply to this thread :)

Don't know if this has been posted.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/12/12/swtor-ten-things-you-need-to-know-about-companions/

Located further down the page under 8. There are "bonus" companions.

EDIT: Or Bioware Scrapped the quest line and will make HK-51 a Legacy reward instead.

that purple droid part you got out of that chest is used to disassemble matrix cubes.

Empire Quest:

1) Primary Sources

-Defeat Rogue Agents

-Return to Minder Eight

2) The Maker

-Talk to Tren Vaido

-Loot a Photoreceptor from Old Walker on Tatooine

-Loot a Repulsor Coil from Old Shields on Nar Shaddaa

-Loot a Macrofuser from Old Artillery on Alderaan

-Return to Tren Vaido

-Destroy Upgraded Battle Droids

-Confront Tren Vaido

3) Lethal Decor

-Talk to Koghaa Sentry

-Defeat the Entrance Guards

-Talk to Koghaa the Hutt

4) Ready to Serve

-Loot the Master Identity Chip

-Insert the Programming Spike into the HK droid

Where can find the first quest plz ?

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

I just wanted to clarify: There is no quest for an HK companion currently in the game. I have seen people claiming sightings but these are incorrect. The information you're seeing is from data mining sites that deep dive into files that - as many of you correctly pointed out - are often shells for future work or parts of the game that were removed. Always read any of these with a healthy degree of skepticism.

Hope that helps!

Daniel Erickson

Hey folks,

I just wanted to clarify: There is no quest for an HK companion currently in the game. I have seen people claiming sightings but these are incorrect. The information you're seeing is from data mining sites that deep dive into files that - as many of you correctly pointed out - are often shells for future work or parts of the game that were removed. Always read any of these with a healthy degree of skepticism.

Hope that helps!

Daniel Erickson

So, maybe he's the companion we will get in the next expansion or major content patch?

Hey folks,

Hope that helps!

Daniel Erickson

Damnit!