Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

accidentally deleted characters cannot be restored?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
accidentally deleted characters cannot be restored?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

docktopia
01.10.2012 , 12:30 PM | #1
I accidentally deleted my main character -- yes, it was incredibly stupid and I realize that. All I can say is that it was late and I was messing around with creating a new alt and I screwed up and, bang, my main is deleted, along with his maxed-out cybertech, underworld trading, scavenging and 500,000 credits -- a lot of time put into that character.

The telephone customer service tree says that restoring a deleted character is no problem, just use the in-game ticketing system and include the character's name and level and when it was deleted; however, after submitting a ticket to the in-game system, two days went by and then someone responded by saying that deleted characters cannot be restored, and they closed the ticket.

Is that really true??

renegadeimp
01.10.2012 , 12:32 PM | #2
Send in a ticket stating that you deleted the character and want it restored with all items if possible.

Use the keyword SCOOBY somewhere in the body of your post.

Dont go into full on detail, the CS staff dont care about that. All they need to know is which toon, which server and that you are willing to use one of your limited restorations.
Streamline - A guide to speeding up low - mid range Computer systems.
Latency Thread - Latency issue gathering thread..
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.

docktopia
01.10.2012 , 12:39 PM | #3
Keyword SCOOBY, huh? Ok, I'll try that, thanks!

travmo
01.10.2012 , 01:08 PM | #4
i thought to delete u had to type out delete, hard to accidentally type delete

Talluin
01.10.2012 , 01:11 PM | #5
maybe the guy has multiple toons on multiple servers and deleted the WRONG one.... pretty bloody obvious he didn't mean to delete his main aint it??

Bronholz
01.10.2012 , 06:09 PM | #6 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings all,

As renegadeimp has suggested, if you wish to have a character restored you will need to contact our Customer Support Team, either through an In-Game ticket or a mail to support@swtor.com.

The following information should be included in your ticket:
  • Server Name
  • Character Name

Thank you for your continuing patience in this matter.
Bronholz | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

docktopia
01.11.2012 , 04:52 PM | #7
Thank you! It's been 24 hours since I re-submitted following these instructions, and no response yet, but at least I know I'm on the right track.

Grooz
01.11.2012 , 05:02 PM | #8
If you ever get a response other than repeated messages requesting information you already sent I will be impressed, keep us updated

Thorbrand
01.11.2012 , 05:04 PM | #9
You have to confirm deletion by type delete so I don't see how this was an accident or anything BW should care about.

AngieExtreme
01.12.2012 , 05:18 AM | #10
I realize there are many people thinking how can you "accidentally" delete a character when you have to type DELETE in all caps. It is actually quite simple, sometimes when you click on a character to select it, it highlights it, but doesn't actually select that character. I clicked on my "level 2" character, then clicked delete character, typed in all caps DELETE, and next thing I know my "level 2" was still there and my "level 32" was no longer there. The reason it deleted that character is because it was the last one I logged into.

Suggestion for future patch: When the prompt comes up to type DELETE in all caps please put the character name on that prompt as well.

IE: Are you sure you want to delete "CHARACTER NAME"? Type DELETE.

Then just maybe customer service can deal with much less of this issue and work on some of the many other issues in SWTOR.