Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Restore Deleted Character

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

01.07.2012 , 02:35 AM | #1

I had my character restored - it took about 10 days and the system works. I was rather impatient in some of my posts regarding this issue and would like to apologize, but I will keep the posts as they are. Learn from my mistakes.

Keep in mind if your ticket disappears mysteriously that probably means it has been escalated (the issue is being dealt with). That is a good sign. Here's a quote confirming this.

Quote: Originally Posted by B3-P6 View Post

We never delete tickets. When a ticket has been escalated, this means that it appears invisible to the customer.

Lets recap - apparently one should put "Scooby" in their ticket title (or first line) to flag it as an issue with a deleted character. Good to know and thanks for the community rep response confirming this.

Here goes - as I was deleting name holding characters and, by mistake, deleted my main - a level 50 Sith Sorcerer. Now, I realize that this is a very VERY stupid mistake on my part, but nevertheless it happened.

This happened a few days ago (on 3rd of January). Since then I have posted a few tickets and this is the issue I have been having.

First ticket I posted explicitly stating that I have deleted my level 50 main by accident and so on - I get a response about a deleted ITEM. That was on 4th, from that point on I have posted another ticket with no answer. On 6th I posted again a new ticket - still no answer, but on the other hand my old "open" tickets disappeared for some reason.

Look, I made a dumb mistake and all I want to know is if I am going to get my main back or not?

Just in case:

- Character Name: Nomka
- Server Name: Trayus Academy (EU)
- Time/Date character was deleted: 03.01.2012 at about 16:00.

Thank you for your time and hard work droids.

01.07.2012 , 03:58 AM | #2
bump for notice

01.07.2012 , 07:06 AM | #3
yes they are restoring characters ... just make ingame ticket with ''Scooby'' word in the first line of ticket so they see you want to restore a character(its their code word or something). It takes a few days I guess. I also deleted one of my characters and waiting them to restore it. But yes, its possible.
Life is a game. And I always win!

01.08.2012 , 07:58 AM | #4
It has been up to 5 days no answer to several tickets.. whats going on?!

01.08.2012 , 08:09 AM | #5
You dont need to make several tickets for the same issue. Thats why the queues are huge.

You only need to create one ticket and wait for their response. As long as you give them enough information to initiate a restoration, they will do it. You just need to be patient.

Remember, they are under no obligation to restore anything that was deleted by your error.
Streamline - A guide to speeding up low - mid range Computer systems.
Latency Thread - Latency issue gathering thread..
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.

01.10.2012 , 04:45 AM | #6
Two more days with no response.. this is starting to be so fun at this point, guess I am not getting my level 50 back...

01.10.2012 , 04:52 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by tweekk View Post
Two more days with no response.. this is starting to be so fun at this point, guess I am not getting my level 50 back...

I have legitimate tickets from 3 weeks ago that have never been responded to.
Yet ones of the same nature from 5 days ago have been "responded to" and closed.

They have a surefire system of being unsystematic...Not only that. Some respond to the issue in-game Via the ticket system and some say check your email. This system is a mess just like everything else they are doing right now.

Seems like Bio-ware were the only people who didn't realize people would be playing this game and get ready for it.

01.10.2012 , 05:01 AM | #8
It seems absurd to me that the only way in which you may be able to get a meaningful response to a ticket is if you are lucky enough to have hit on a topic on the forums that makes mention of some magic keyword to put in your ticket. If you don't know the magic keyword - and there is absolutely no reason why you should - you're totally screwed. It's an appalling way of running a customer support service.

01.10.2012 , 05:05 AM | #9 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by tweekk View Post
Hi tweekk,

If you have not already done so, please update your most recent ticket with the keyword "Scooby". Once this keyword has been used it will be flagged as a character restoration request and we will then action on this as quickly as possible.

While we endeavor to answer all tickets within 24-48 hours it can sometimes take longer.We request your continued patience while we work to resolve your issue.

Tirvaak | Bioware Customer Service - Forum Support

01.12.2012 , 11:37 AM | #10
SO I deleted my character by mistake as well, clicked on a lower level alt to delete him hit create character (used to where the delete button was on wow) and then when I went back to my character menu he was still selected and I deleted my level 2 sith inquis. Instead it deleted my Sith Warrior, who was level 39:P I posted my ticket 07/01/2012 and they deleted my ticket with no response or history of it at all. Ya, that makes me a little angry, but it could also be they are restoring my character and closed my ticket for the time so it didn't happen multiple times.
Those who stand in our way.