Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can i run the game on a 1.6GHz laptop?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Can i run the game on a 1.6GHz laptop?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

excelero
01.09.2012 , 05:58 PM | #1
please help

woozei
01.09.2012 , 06:00 PM | #2
Nope.

Don't mean to sound rude, but... it aint happenin.

excelero
01.09.2012 , 06:08 PM | #3
ok fair enough. can i change my processor on my laptop? by buying a new one or something?

woozei
01.09.2012 , 06:10 PM | #4
You'll need a new system. Any upgrade from a 1.6 really won't help enough to properly play.

DeeLyte
01.09.2012 , 06:10 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by excelero View Post
ok fair enough. can i change my processor on my laptop? by buying a new one or something?
On a laptop? you're better off buying a whole new laptop.

A new processor would cost you half of what it would cost you to get a laptop today.
Can your machine run SWTOR? Find out here.
Need help? Post your DXDIAG and ERROR LOG in Code tags.
Remember to Read the Community News for updates, server and patch information.

excelero
01.09.2012 , 06:12 PM | #6
thanks for help just asking because ive paid for everything and havent been able to play for 4 days which is how long ive owned the game...im gna have to buy a new laptop... ffuu(:P

gnarkilli
01.09.2012 , 06:15 PM | #7
Get a desktop.

You will have to drop serious cash to get a laptop good enough to run this anywhere close to what the designers intended. (or mayeb get an external GPU).

Or get a PC for £500 (+a monitor and stuff) and have a decent gaming machine that will last you 3 or 4 years, and is totally incrementally upgradeable.

excelero
01.09.2012 , 06:40 PM | #8
im gonna consider getting a desktop i cant with this laptop anymore..ive melted it:P with Wow in previous years and now with stwor although i havent played. ill just kepe this laptop for word etc and a desktop good enough to run mmo's. BTW a decent towards good desktop what would it be? talking about processors and graphic card etc...thanks for help btw<3

Zigurd
01.09.2012 , 06:48 PM | #9
i am running it on a 1.3 duo core laptop (old alienware) and im running it normaly at 20-30 fps, drops to like 10 o 15 on fights, buts its still playable...

Cerimon
01.09.2012 , 06:57 PM | #10 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings excelero,

Please consider the System requirements if you are about to purchase a new computer: http://www.swtor.com/info/faq#171060

Thank You for playing Star Wars™: The Old Republic™

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support