Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Killing Admiral Shai (BH stroy quest on Ilum)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Killing Admiral Shai (BH stroy quest on Ilum)

Faloma
01.05.2012 , 12:29 AM | #1
Has anyone else had problems with the quest "A New Order" on Ilum?

I advance fine threw half the quest np until I reached Shai. I brought down the shield and prepared myself to a solo mission boss fight. I initiate the fight and it goes well to start. Until about 2/3 the threw the fight. All of a sudden my heals on me do "0". With out any heals I just cant kill this guy. Now I notice there are 2-4 debuffs that gets to 6 applications, I am guessing one of those are causing it. I know my companion Mako and my cure ability should be able to drop them but they don't.

I have no clue how to proceed at this point and am wondering what you guys have done or any suggestions.

Shamanica
01.05.2012 , 02:24 AM | #2
I killed him by staying out of range so the debuff runs off. I used a tanking companion to take the blows in the beginning so i could nuke him down while not getting the debuff.

As soon as he applied the buff i kept running around so he wouldn't apply more stacks, once they fall off engage him again.

Faloma
01.05.2012 , 02:34 AM | #3
interesting idea... I like it.

I might have to give that a try but I am also thinking about just getting a friend to help at this point. I don't feel like paying another 30k on repairs but thanks again for the info.

elumarom
01.05.2012 , 06:19 AM | #4
yeah i kited him around too and and losed him behind the boxes and whatnot there was, took a while, but was pretty easy that way. Just pure dmg approach got you slaughtered bad.

The_Assuran
01.05.2012 , 06:23 AM | #5
Yep, I think it took me a couple attempts mostly because I wasn't paying attention to my debuffs (besides, I wasn't expecting a solo boss fight). Once I realized what was happening, kiting solved my issue.

Splaktar
02.20.2012 , 12:13 PM | #6
Couldn't do this solo after 11k in repairs. He still applied the buff to me while trying to kite him and it took like 30s to a minute to wear off. In the mean time he was killing Mako. Neither Mako nor my cure's did anything. Had to get a lvl 50 powertech to come and help me finish off a solo elite. Hardest/most bugged fight that I've seen in game yet.
Splaktar - Mercenary - Jedi Covenant

rackshan
02.20.2012 , 03:14 PM | #7
I had some issues on this fight while soloing it as an Arsenal specced Merc. To beat it, I eventually dropped Mako and forced Gault to fight. The additional damage done is what I needed to complete the fight. I still received 6 stacks of the healing debuff, but I was finally able to complete it.

ItsHiggz
02.20.2012 , 05:35 PM | #8
I just completed this today after several tries. Once I had him down to about 20% and had 8 stacks of debuffs on me I just ran around until they wore off and then defeated him pretty easily after that.

AetherMcLoud
02.20.2012 , 05:38 PM | #9
Wait wait wait wait wait!

There's class story quests on ilum? After finishing my class questline on the battleship I never did any Ilum quests (because why bother, I'm only interested in PVP at endgame). So there's BH specific quests there?

Sweet.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

turbocycle
02.20.2012 , 06:13 PM | #10
I died once, not paying attention (debuffs hurt). All you have to do is fight next to your companion. He spawns right next to him/her and use Rocket Punch (int his casting). I didn't even get to 4 stacks and he died. I was at 95% life with only Vent Heat used. I was also using Mako and I tanked the fight. The fight is a test of interupts and dps.