Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Pre-Order was only truth from a certain point of view!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Pre-Order was only truth from a certain point of view!

Cichard
12.13.2011 , 08:55 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by FragRockKnuckles View Post
Like many of you who have pre-ordered I was very excited to have purchased the game and come pre-launch be ready to play (including booking time off). This excitement has been completely destroyed with the fact that I now have to wait to be put into a 'wave' knowing full well that my early access time as promised on purchase is ticking away. The process of these 'waves' may even take days before I finally get to play as given the fact like many people who purchased the game, I did not put the pre-order code in until later on and for this I am now penalized.

I acknowledge the reasoning for the 'waves' but frankly given all the testing and thousands of testers involved there should be no reason to stagger invites but if that is the process then I respect that.

However, when I purchased the pre-order I did not see any information that entry to early game access would be on a 'first come first serve' basis that is tied down to the time at which you redeem your code. If these facts were stated then it would have been completely fair and understandable but they were not and so I feel that certain truths where not told and I was lied to.

I guess it is only a game and sure I am patient enough to wait but when you try to balance real life around such occasions as this it is bitterly disappointing to know that your time has been wasted and an agreement not honored.

May the force be with you!
if you bothered ever to read a sticky on the Preorder or any dev posts or a simple search or even looked at the FAQ on preorders it stated clearly that you can get "UP TO" 5 days of EGA and that the order you got in to the EGA was based on when you entered your preorder code. it was like all over the website and had been up since july. deal with it. the 13th isnt even when EGA was suppose to start its 2 days early. be happy that they didnt start EGA on the 15th like they where going to and now your 1 or 2 days of EGA may just be 3 or 4 days.

TLDR: BE HAPPY WITH WHAT YOU GET. ITS FREE TIME!

Here found this for you

Quote:
How much Early Game Access time do I get?

The order in which you will gain entry into Early Game Access is dependent on how early you burned your Pre-Order Code at our Code Redemption Center. The earlier you burned your Pre-Order Code, the earlier you will be granted entry into Early Game Access.
this was part of the FAQ since july 21 2011
Quote:
The order in which you will gain entry into EGA is dependent on how early you burned your Pre-Order Code. The earlier you burned your Pre-Order Code, the earlier you will be granted entry into EGA.

Sludy
12.13.2011 , 09:06 PM | #22
its more of a how do you compete? I cant speak for every one but my favorite part about an mmo launch is watching the servers progression in levels keeping up enjoying the server at its beginning and the staggered launch for pre-oders has kind of killed my "buzz" it seems like the servers are all pretty much low pop or standard population I only saw 1 server with a heavy population. Bioware please listen to the players let us play!

FragRockKnuckles
12.13.2011 , 09:08 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by barney View Post
Thumbs up to the OP for at least presenting his gripe in a thoughtful and well presented manner.
Thank you. I know it is a hard topic to really talk about at the moment without sounding like I'm being a grumpy old man (even though I am) but trust me I love everything to do with Star Wars for over 20 years and even though I'm too old for xmas this has to be one of the most exciting I've ever had.

Yes I know people can post that information was shown since July 2011 on forums but most people when they want to buy a game don't exactly scour the forums to read every term and condition. Do people read the entire game manual before they click start? Maybe but I tend to deal in logic and probability and in my mind that is where information at pre-order information should be shown at the point of purchase regardless of where you buy it.

I have known members within our FraggleRock community for over 10 years some of whom have grown up playing Star Wars games and we older folk are passing this on to our kids and play as a family. We have all been waiting a long long time for such an mmo as this and like Charlie in the Chocolate Factory we are all waiting for our golden ticket. I just hope that comes soon in my mailbox...

-=[FRAGGLEROCK GAMING COMMUNITY- A FUN AND FRIENDLY STAR WARS FAMILY]=-
I'm BACKWARDS. You flea-bitten furball!
SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
| WEBSITE

Cichard
12.13.2011 , 09:09 PM | #24
Thank you. I know it is a hard topic to really talk about at the moment without sounding like I'm being a grumpy old man (even though I am) but trust me I love everything to do with Star Wars for over 20 years and even though I'm too old for xmas this has to be one of the most exciting I've ever had.

I have known members within our FraggleRock community for over 10 years some of whom have grown up playing Star Wars games and we older folk are passing this on to our kids and play as a family. We have all been waiting a long long time for such an mmo as this and like Charlie in the Chocolate Factory we are all waiting for our golden ticket. I just hope that comes soon in my mailbox...
thats all fine and dandy but dont make it sound like BW lied to you all the info has been out for 6 months on how they are doing EGA that it will be across many days people getting in and that you can get UP TO 5 days.
Quote:
The order in which you will gain entry into EGA is dependent on how early you burned your Pre-Order Code. The earlier you burned your Pre-Order Code, the earlier you will be granted entry into EGA.

Surgin
12.13.2011 , 09:19 PM | #25
There is no reason they couldn't have sat down split up the pre-orders into days then send out emails saying you will start on this day. From there they could stagger out the waves.

I am not mad at having to wait but the lack of communication and information is just inexcusable. It's lazy, rude, and disrespectful to just leave everyone hanging having absolutely no clue if or when it will open up until the last second. We all have better things to do with our time then wait around for an email they could have easily sent already. It shows their time is more important than the paying customers time which is bad business, plain and simple.

FragRockKnuckles
12.13.2011 , 09:19 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Cichard View Post
thats all fine and dandy but dont make it sound like BW lied to you all the info has been out for 6 months on how they are doing EGA that it will be across many days people getting in and that you can get UP TO 5 days.
I did not say they lied. I said they did not present all the information as and when they should have most in particular when you make your purchase. I certainly did not see any information posted on sites and locations selling the game. As a result there are many like myself who find themselves in a que waiting for an email. Come 15th that access arrives then I see no problem. If otherwise then I do see a problem and a broken promise to customers.

Surgin, I agree with your comments. Communication is key to good customer service and that was definitely lacking in this area with pre-orders.

-=[FRAGGLEROCK GAMING COMMUNITY- A FUN AND FRIENDLY STAR WARS FAMILY]=-
I'm BACKWARDS. You flea-bitten furball!
SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
| WEBSITE

Cichard
12.13.2011 , 09:21 PM | #27
I did not say they lied. I said they did not present all the information as and when they should have most in particular when you make your purchase. I certainly did not see any information posted on sites and locations selling the game. As a result there are many like myself who find themselves in a que waiting for an email. Come 15th that access arrives then I see no problem. If otherwise then I do see a problem and a broken promise to customers.
THEN YOU DIDNT LOOK HARD ENOUGH the PREORDER PAGE THAT YOU CLICK had the information for EGA right on it. ALL THE INFORMATION WAS PLASTARD ALL OVER THE WEBSITE YOU. you failed at reading and seeing!
Quote:

Cichard
12.13.2011 , 09:22 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Surgin View Post
There is no reason they couldn't have sat down split up the pre-orders into days then send out emails saying you will start on this day. From there they could stagger out the waves.

I am not mad at having to wait but the lack of communication and information is just inexcusable. It's lazy, rude, and disrespectful to just leave everyone hanging having absolutely no clue if or when it will open up until the last second. We all have better things to do with our time then wait around for an email they could have easily sent already. It shows their time is more important than the paying customers time which is bad business, plain and simple.
there is a reason. They want to keep the waves flexible. They planned on 4 waves today but things went well so they did 5 but it could of easly went bad and only be able to do 3. If they said x amount of people from y date to z date was getting in and something went wrong, how many people do you think would be pissed. ALOT MORE THEN NOW>
Quote:

Paralassa
12.13.2011 , 09:23 PM | #29
Hi there!

While we understand your frustrations, the Customer Service forum is for those having issues with their accounts or accessing the game. There is, however, an active discussion topic for early game access/waves:

Final Wave Sent!

In the interest of consolidating discussion, we have closed this thread and ask that you use the one linked above for any further discussion. Thank you!