Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I'm beginning to think Kreia was right -- the Force is sick

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
I'm beginning to think Kreia was right -- the Force is sick

Avrose
01.02.2012 , 04:51 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Erstok View Post
Understanding the force in a human mindset is equivalent to understanding any omnipotent religious deity. Force picks no side, it has no reason to. Doesn't have to fight for power, strive for food and glory, or anything. As the Jedi say, the force has a will of it's own.

Humans look at thing in a human capacity. Pure n' simple.
Kinda this.

I always seen it that light or dark side of the force are not evil and good of themselves merely the energy of life and death. have to much of one or the other and you get crushing extremes.

Death and destruction is easy so the jedi shun it because its hard to stop.

It doesn't make the darkside of the force evil it makes it a power people shouldn't wield. We are living things and controlling the forces of death corrupt us.

Kriea's issue wasn't so much the force as much as the force moving force wielders to fight each other. light must fight dark to maintain balance and this was tearing the universe apart.

She wrong but right.
"Yes… and what are they without the Force? Take the greatest Jedi Knight, strip away the Force, and what remains?."
―Kreia

Almagnus
01.02.2012 , 05:07 PM | #12
Or you can do what I did and turn off all of the LS/DS indicators, and just react and let the points come as they may.

legolegion
01.02.2012 , 05:09 PM | #13
i started going darkside on purpose, as no advantage to being gray.

Erstok
01.02.2012 , 05:13 PM | #14
Neutral doesn't truly work. In the end you will have to make a choose upon something regardless of how big or small it is. Basis of really anything that lives.

What's the neutral equivalent to flight or flight. Fickle?
Computers are like Old Testament gods; lots of rules and no mercy. ~Joseph Campbell
Man only likes to count his troubles; he doesn't calculate his happiness. ~Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Hettiran
01.02.2012 , 06:17 PM | #15
Hesitating and getting eaten.

ADPowah
01.03.2012 , 04:32 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Almagnus View Post
Or you can do what I did and turn off all of the LS/DS indicators, and just react and let the points come as they may.
That'd be great.

cioran
01.03.2012 , 04:36 PM | #17
Neutral doesn't truly work. In the end you will have to make a choose upon something regardless of how big or small it is. Basis of really anything that lives.

TBF, see DnD alignments.

SW has very bizarre black/white alignments based on an equally bizarre interpretation of (nondualistic!) Eastern religion. Good for an MMORPG, kind of laughable in a serious RP setting that goes beyond pulp fantasy.

And like I said, for the Lore answer, read "Unifying Force"
Corellia's Craftiest - Juyo's Craftiest Social Guild

http://www.corelliascraftiest.enjin.com/home

JawaJedi
01.03.2012 , 04:54 PM | #18

Fetal position? Failure to react?
Quote: Originally Posted by Saevio View Post
I haven't understood anything anyone has said in this thread so far. That's common on these forums though.

Alarstia
11.24.2012 , 11:28 AM | #19
The force is not directly good or evil, but many of the wars in SW are over the force because the sith and jedi are constantly plotting against each other, Kreia liked the exile because she believes through him the force may be destroyed.

"To have fallen so far and learned nothing—that is your failing."

Rayla_Felana
11.24.2012 , 11:30 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Alarstia View Post
The force is not directly good or evil, but many of the wars in SW are over the force because the sith and jedi are constantly plotting against each other, Kreia liked the exile because she believes through him the force may be destroyed.
WOW nice necro there.