Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Most FUN class to play (Discussion)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Most FUN class to play (Discussion)

MunchkinMuncher
01.01.2012 , 08:38 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Lazzerswords View Post
Ladies and gentlement this is the cognitive dissonance of your typical FANBOY

If I buy a car without working tail lights I am going to complain. If I buy a video game, no matter how good it is, I will complain if I get constantlydisconnected or has a really bad story part( example: Sith Inquisitor story on Nar Shadda was the worst writing i've seen in a video game)
First, storyline is a matter of opinion. Some people don't even like any star wars (shocker!) not even part 4-6! So just because you personally don't like one part doesn't mean the game is "broken."

Second, there's no way to test how an mmo will run when MILLIONS of people are playing because beta groups are far smaller then launch numbers.

Third, I know that it can be frustrating when the game is running slow but don't compare a video game to a potential accident causer that could result in death like driving with a broken signal light. I hate to tell you this but it's just a game meant to be fun...

krameriffic
01.01.2012 , 10:44 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by GamblerLee View Post
Most fun class for me is the juggernaut. Played Inquisitor; the game felt like easy mode. All the gunners feel like they use nerf guns. Juggernaut is a challenge, and you have to use tons of skills to be good. Inquisitor can mash just one skill to kill everything. I don't like playing the easier-to-use classes :3
You're complaining that the gun using classes feel like they have nerf weapons while using a class with a lightsaber that has to hit an enemy like 30 times to kill them. Did you even get mortar volley/death from above? There is no more satisfying an ability to use in any MMO than that on.

cdstephen
01.02.2012 , 01:47 AM | #23
Bounty Hunters get falcon punch.

/thread
The HK droid that absolutely no one likes.

Leiloni
01.02.2012 , 03:17 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Astasia View Post
The Shadow/Assassin I only played a little bit but their tiny energy bar and huge costs is a pain. They can use like two abilities before running out of energy.

Sorcerer is probably second place, they have a huge energy bar that never runs out in normal fights, and they throw all sorts of lightning and cool looking "dark" effects around. Not as impressive as the BH's explosions, but much more exciting than the Sage's pebbles. Speaking of which... "I'm going to throw pebbles and dust at you until you die" was not what I imagined the class would be like.

Lastly, the Smuggler/Agent is so weird and diverse among specs it's hard to pin down. I put a lot of time into Operative, and it's just a really messed up class, the healing tree is nice but the whole vibroknife system is, well, bad/unfinished. The Sniper/Gunslinger is a lot more fun, but without stealth it feels like it's missing something IMO. What kind of agent/sniper can't stealth?
Assassin actually is a lot of fun once you learn how to manage your energy. You can't just spam everything mindlessly or you will run out fast. But there's a talent in the Deception tree that increases your energy regen in stealth and for the first 6 seconds after you leave stealth. So that helps a lot provided you're in stealth as much as possible. If you open a fight out of stealth, you can get out some initial burst while maintaining good energy regen. After that it's just a matter of weaving in your free strike sometimes so you don't get low and being smart about what skills you use when. Fun once you get the hang of it.

I've only tried Sniper in the teens and its fun so far, but I've played an Operative healer into the 20s and that class is fun. It's definitely very unique but even in the 20s I feel like something is missing. It's a late bloomer I think sadly.

DPS sage is my main and that's a lot of fun. I actually prefer the boulders, pebbles, and pure force attacks to the Sorceror's lightning - having all your attacks be lightning gets old fast, as does the storyline.

Only just started making Trooper, BH, and Knight alts so not much to say there but I do find them all interesting. All in all I'd have to say Sage is the best. None are really bad, though - I'm having fun with all of them! Might be worth noting, too that I'm not a huge Star Wars fan though so I had no franchise expectations that the game had to live up to lol.

Edit: I have to agree with the previous poster who didn't like Hutta. It just sucks so bad. And to add to his comments, it's also too easy to find yourself at level 4 or 5 and all of your quests are orange, yet you have no more to do. Both of the Republic starting worlds are sooo much better. Korriban is pretty good, too.
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=1753652#edit1753270

Dalnar
01.02.2012 , 03:41 AM | #25
Smuggler has superior story on republic side.

Temistocle
01.02.2012 , 04:58 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Leiloni View Post

Edit: I have to agree with the previous poster who didn't like Hutta. It just sucks so bad. And to add to his comments, it's also too easy to find yourself at level 4 or 5 and all of your quests are orange, yet you have no more to do. Both of the Republic starting worlds are sooo much better. Korriban is pretty good, too.
I don't agree Sir. I find Hutta one of the best starting worlds, far far better than the terribly boring Tython.....

As far as classes are concerned, I have an Assassin (tank tree) in his early 30s, and it's fun to play, although probably something is still missing (late bloomer?). The story is great though

The BH's story is very nice, and the plus it's the fact of being located on Hutta

I've started a Sage, it will be a DPS sage: I also find the sorceror's lightning a bit boring on the long run, much better the telekinetics effects of the Sage (although it's true it kills throwing pebbles, as someone said before )

I think the different opinions we all have testify the good quality of the game!

LGBT-friendly UK/EU guilds

drchocapic
01.02.2012 , 07:18 AM | #27
Played every class over 10 but only took Vanguard, Shadow, Sniper, Juggernaut and Mercenary to high levels.

Most fun for me has been the Sniper because the story is awesome and this AC is everything I was expecting it to be (ie. high single target damage at long range with the rifle). Once its bugs are cleared out, it'll be perfect.

The Merc was good too but I'm a little disappointed by the repetitive storyline and the tracer missile spam (I got two guns, I don't want to spam missiles).

The Juggernaut felt really weak at low levels but is finally starting to be interesting, I feel that the class isn't focused enough though, it shouldn't need that many abilities to perform above average. Story's awesome though.

The Vanguard is really weird to play. I enjoy it a lot in PvP but find it clunky and repetitive (yet effective) in PvE. I'm not decided on it yet. Story is pretty generic but good.

The Shadow is interesting to play as a tank but has way too many abilities. The story is extremely bland and that's one of the reasons I shelved that character in the middle of Act II.

Flowerslayer
01.08.2012 , 06:24 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by twistedtime View Post
IA, see I decided for you. That was easy.
Actually I have settled for BH merc. Its the most fun I have had in a long time in an mmo. But the sniper is good too,

MikeNobez
02.17.2012 , 01:16 PM | #29
I found that the sith inquisitor has the best storyline and is a lot of fun to play

I was really let down by the Jedi Knight lvl 1-14 thank God I stopped there because the other classes are so much more fun to play

my roommate and I found the empire classes to have more interesting story-lines and story characters/elements
My roommate's favorite classes are the trooper and gunslinger though

to me the combat felt wonky for a lot of the classes except sith inquisitor but regardless of how wonky the storylines might cater more to your preference I would try multiple classes and see which storyline draws you in the most before sticking it out to 50! GOODLUCK

dracoda
02.17.2012 , 03:46 PM | #30
As a healer it's BH hands down for me. I like the way the abilities mesh together + building and using stacks. Leveling as a healer wasn't great as you start with a healer companion, but after picking up your dps buddies it improves.

It's hard to pick a second; I've been making and remaking alts for a few weeks and can't find one to stick with. Force casters are too easy when hybrid speced into no-cost high damage (fall asleep). Force melee, while animated well, are way too flat and dull. You could macro their abilities to a single button and just steer them around all day. Agent / Smug healing starts very slow, but if it picks up then it might be huge fun - esp. with stealth Looking forward to that.