Remove the Free Account Restriction

Bullsith

This coming from a man who can't even manage his basic spelling :). I will post wherever i see fit. All you are doing is ***** about EA. Better use of my time you say??. Look in a mirror.

Hurtful personal attack coming from someone with no punctuation.

Now I'm here cause I want shorter queues and I'm offering a valid solution. Why are you here? To tell me to go away and leave SWTOR? To flame me? Honestly, do you have nothing better to do then be just another enraged forum-goer looking for threads to attack? So I kindly ask you, either use arguments related to the discussed topic, or just shut up and go away.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hurtful personal attack coming from someone with no punctuation.

Yes i could state the same for you.

Now I'm here cause I want shorter queues and I'm offering a valid solution. Why are you here? To tell me to go away and leave SWTOR? To flame me? Honestly, do you have nothing better to do then be just another enraged forum-goer looking for threads to attack? So I kindly ask you, either use arguments related to the discussed topic, or just shut up and go away.

I have commented because i see a post which is basically ************ about the game quality and the community which is involved. That being said the game has issues, every MMO does i have not found a single one yet which is perfect, some have been running for years I can post where i like quite frankly.

Edited by stephenalandavie

And isn't it? I've been a supporter of this game since it was officially announced, I think I reserve the right to express disappointment regarding the way they handled things or the poor state of the community. So as you put it, I can post wherever I want, the difference is, I'm posting about an issue of the game, as opposed to you who are just here to attack my opinion or my typos and just derail my topic.

So I'm gonna put an end to this and simply ignore you since in your third reply you had nothing to say but complain about my complaining, so it's not likely you'll add any valid point to this topic.

And isn't it? I've been a supporter of this game since it was officially announced, I think I reserve the right to express disappointment regarding the way they handled things or the poor state of the community. So as you put it, I can post wherever I want, the difference is, I'm posting about an issue of the game, as opposed to you who are just here to attack my opinion or my typos and just derail my topic.

So I'm gonna put an end to this and simply ignore you since in your third reply you had nothing to say but complain about my complaining, so it's not likely you'll add any valid point to this topic.

And you claim your topics are valid now? you are talking about a subject which is long dead. And honestly you defy logic playing the game if it is that bad.

Free to Play Tuesday makes me hate queing for PVP The cheap people who cant pay for the game and bother learning how to play pollute the warzones on their free matches. There is no way in hell I'd want them to have no restrictions on games, as a paying customer that would ruin my game all week instead of just one evening.

Free to Play Tuesday makes me hate queing for PVP The cheap people who cant pay for the game and bother learning how to play pollute the warzones on their free matches. There is no way in hell I'd want them to have no restrictions on games, as a paying customer that would ruin my game all week instead of just one evening.

Way too obvious. 2/10

So you want people to play for free, but can't wear PVP gear. LOL'S this post is just toooo good. So us SUBSCRIBERS have to suffer and play with green geared level 50's to see if they want to join? I mean with that kind of logic why isn't rateds doing well. Each server has only like 2-4 rateds teams because everyone else just gets smashed so they quit. So if green geared people play against fully geared ewh they just get stomped. Do you honestly feel that more people will SUB because they want to get gear to compete with the ewh players. The system in place is working it is just people are not using the system to the fullest potential. You originally put there should be no restrictions, but I am telling you it can be done. I have given you a solution to what you wanted, but yet you still try to argue. You want the F2P players to be able to play PVP without restrictions and there is a way to do it. I have repeatedly wrote what they could do to play for free. So what is the problem. No restrictions problem solved. Buy weekly wz passes.

SWTOR PVP is not that great, in fact it's just a little worse than WoW's, in my opinion. So it's no privlege to do more than 3 Warzones.

That being said, a free player trying out the game, you know, a potential customer, won't be so keen to give you their money if all they can do is get a small sample of PVP (during wich he can get totally owned by organised and better geared teams).

All I'm saying is let people join PVP, reduce their rewards, let them gain marks 3 times a week or something like that. Just don't shut the door in ther face like this. As I said, your PVP isn't that great, it's not the strong point of this game, so I don't see why this restriction was imposed.

I have a better idea. Give them their own WZ's with half the bandwidth, so that I don't have to play with people who can't even find their experience bar.

So you want people to play for free, but can't wear PVP gear. LOL'S this post is just toooo good. So us SUBSCRIBERS have to suffer and play with green geared level 50's to see if they want to join? I mean with that kind of logic why isn't rateds doing well. Each server has only like 2-4 rateds teams because everyone else just gets smashed so they quit. So if green geared people play against fully geared ewh they just get stomped. Do you honestly feel that more people will SUB because they want to get gear to compete with the ewh players. The system in place is working it is just people are not using the system to the fullest potential. You originally put there should be no restrictions, but I am telling you it can be done. I have given you a solution to what you wanted, but yet you still try to argue. You want the F2P players to be able to play PVP without restrictions and there is a way to do it. I have repeatedly wrote what they could do to play for free. So what is the problem. No restrictions problem solved. Buy weekly wz passes.

Are you simple or something? How the hell do you have to suffer? Honestly? Cause lower geared players are in your WZ? Go *********** do rated and everyone will be packing elite war hero gear if you are too worried that your personal performance is impeded by green geared players, and the way you say it is like they'll all crowd up on your team while the opposing team is packing premades. This is what I meant when I said people call on the biggest ******** just to get their point across, unfortunately most don't filter their thoughts before writing them.

Tell me, using your own logic, why the **** would anyone buy WZ passes when you, yourself say that they will get stomped out by top notch geared players... please tell me, what rational logic did you use to come to that conclusion? That in the 3 weekly warzones they are used as floor mops, what is the bloody point to PVP, what's the bloody point to pay for a short period of access?

I am only subbing for PVP, nothing else. The queues are too long because of the absence of participation in WZ, bottom line, the WZ passes are not working, the quality of PVP does not justify the current F2P formula, to top that, there are no server transfers so I'm stuck on a server with low queues and honestly I will not reroll another character. So please, feel free to come up with a proper solution that does not involve telling people to piss off from your game, crap on free players or other stupid crap that's been called upon to this point.

OP is just mad because he wants to play but doesn't want to pay. Free players ruin reg warzones with their terrible gear and lack of anything resembling knowledge of their class or game mechanics. Get one, sure I can carry them, get two my back starts to hurt, get three its a loss.

Ques are long? Longest que I have seen since the mergers has been two solid minutes.

Pony up the pass money or the sub money if you want to play warzones. The end.

Edited by gryhmr

OP is just mad because he wants to play but doesn't want to pay. Free players ruin reg warzones with their terrible gear and lack of anything resembling knowledge of their class or game mechanics. Get one, sure I can carry them, get two my back starts to hurt, get three its a loss.

Ques are long? Longest que I have seen since the mergers has been two solid minutes.

Pony up the pass money or the sub money if you want to play warzones. The end.

Yes, I want a handout... must be why I suggested to remove to ability to equip PVP gear from non-subbed players. In fact I'm a free sub myself, I just found a way to trick the forums to post here, cause I just can't toss a few euro per month...

Are you simple or something? How the hell do you have to suffer? Honestly? Cause lower geared players are in your WZ? Go *********** do rated and everyone will be packing elite war hero gear if you are too worried that your personal performance is impeded by green geared players, and the way you say it is like they'll all crowd up on your team while the opposing team is packing premades. This is what I meant when I said people call on the biggest ******** just to get their point across, unfortunately most don't filter their thoughts before writing them.

Tell me, using your own logic, why the **** would anyone buy WZ passes when you, yourself say that they will get stomped out by top notch geared players... please tell me, what rational logic did you use to come to that conclusion? That in the 3 weekly warzones they are used as floor mops, what is the bloody point to PVP, what's the bloody point to pay for a short period of access?

I am only subbing for PVP, nothing else. The queues are too long because of the absence of participation in WZ, bottom line, the WZ passes are not working, the quality of PVP does not justify the current F2P formula, to top that, there are no server transfers so I'm stuck on a server with low queues and honestly I will not reroll another character. So please, feel free to come up with a proper solution that does not involve telling people to piss off from your game, crap on free players or other stupid crap that's been called upon to this point.

Hahahahaah!! So mad. You said that if there were no restrictions then make it so they can't get pvp gear. But the way it is now you can get pvp gear so there will be less people in green gear. Queues are not long. Noone has to pay if they don't want to. Its because people are not using the passes. The passes qualify for everything you want, but still not good enough. You don't want to reroll. You don't want to buy passes. Lots of people have given you all the options for people to play for free, but yet you still want it to be no restrictions when it is already possible. If you fail to see that then it is you not the game.

ques are short, you QQ a lot...

You can just buy weekly wz passes if you want to unsub... use all your creds that will disapear anyway to get a ton of wz passes, then quit... you can still play your wz's for months on end before even having to do dailies to get credits for more wz passes. Or just stay subbed. Either way, no one wants f2p players to have unlimited access the exact same that we do just with less comms... that is ridiculous. There are plenty of reasons people dont want to play ranked, but that doesn't mean they want people with 15k and green gear on their team or against them for that matter. It isn't fun to roll over green players it isnt fun to be rolled when you randomly get 4 on your team.

Any sub would disagree with your thoughts on this other than people ready to quit and just play wz's. Not to mention as stated above, you can still do this for a long time... so they have already made it possible why not just get some credits buy some passes and quit? My buddy zukala did that, he seems happy. All he can not do is ranked wz's with the passes.

So you think this restriction is such a *********** samrt thing? Honest?

And FYI I never played this game without a subscription, so I'm not here looking for handouts, cause frankly there's not much to hand out when it comes to PVP.

Yes i think its a smart way to keep those subscribers paying monthly.

3 PVP games a week gives F2P a good idea of how the pvp games are regardless of getting owned or not.

It definitely sounds like you are after a handout. My guess is you are either F2P or are fully geared and only want to do PVP so are looking to drop the sub and play for free now.

Either way it is a poor idea to offer more for free. If they want a free game they can play guild wars 2

Just pay your fee. Thats all there is too it. I find it funny when people make demands like its owed to them especially when they are not contributing to it. Buy your passes on the cartel market like a good cheap customer.

The wisest thing I've ever heard about f2p: "Think it as an extended demo."

When thinking f2p like that, I really don't get half of the whining about restrictions. When I first step my foot on SWTOR, it was a week long try-out that my friend sent me. I got 2 first planets and 15 first levels, and I didn't even think of whining about it.

But I have to agree with the fact that 3 wz in a week is far too small amount for a demo, since it really won't give you any picture on what pvp in swtor is. If you join TOR as your first mmo (as I did) and go to a pvp arena...it probably took me at least 20 matches to figure out the basic tactics for every map, and even more to learn to actually be useful member of the team. Especially with huttball...it really takes a lot of experience in there to know who to pass, where to go for a pass and all that.

So, since I'm thinking f2p as an extended demo, there will have to be some restraining. But I think the amount of pvp matches in a week should be raised to 7, maybe even 14 in a week, so f2p could actually get a picture on what the pvp is. Another solution could be that the restriction would be 3 matches in a week, but after 3 matches you could still play, but you would receive no xp, credits or commedations at all. (though with the latter, level 50 pvp could get problematic, since f2p can't use purple gear at all, so at worst case scenario teams would fill with loads of f2p with recruit gear...)

I really love to look at all sides of the issue.

But

Bioware has spent more on you than vice versa. Usually you get what you pay for, but you are already getting more. I would love to look at possible ticket options etc, but threatening a company about losing a customer who has never spent a penny is a poor sales pitch.

A simple "thank you but" would at least be a respectfull way to start.

I really love to look at all sides of the issue.

But

Bioware has spent more on you than vice versa. Usually you get what you pay for, but you are already getting more. I would love to look at possible ticket options etc, but threatening a company about losing a customer who has never spent a penny is a poor sales pitch.

A simple "thank you but" would at least be a respectfull way to start.

Spend money to make money. You heard the saying, right?

That aside, I'm honestly not that bothered about a free sub leaving, I understand this game is not for everyone, but when I'm pondering leaving myself (paying custormer since launch), because of something related to player numbers (queues) then yes, I start to care about the experience these people are offered. Let's face it, it's not like this game is doing great. Free players are what pulled it out from it's grave. Let's not pretend that before they introduced F2P this game was doing great.

Spend money to make money. You heard the saying, right?

That aside, I'm honestly not that bothered about a free sub leaving, I understand this game is not for everyone, but when I'm pondering leaving myself (paying custormer since launch), because of something related to player numbers (queues) then yes, I start to care about the experience these people are offered. Let's face it, it's not like this game is doing great. Free players are what pulled it out from it's grave. Let's not pretend that before they introduced F2P this game was doing great.

Free to play did not save the game. Micro transactions did. They just happened at the same time. I suspect that most micro transactions are done by subscribers. It would be interesting to see what percentage of transactions are done by subs compared to free players. But I don't think we will ever get to know.

Honest question. Does anybody here know of any players that don't sub that spend allot on cartel items. I don't, all the players I know that spend a lot on cartel items are subbers.

The changes just ended up with subbers paying more than just a sub.

Edited by Godlymuppet

Free to play did not save the game. Micro transactions did. They just happened at the same time. I suspect that most micro transactions are done by subscribers. It would be interesting to see what percentage of transactions are done by subs compared to free players. But I don't think we will ever get to know.

Microtransactions may have had a contribution but it wasn't them that saved the game considering there were less than 20 people in the fleet area at peak hours. And who enjoys an MMO with no people in it, except those ****ed up people that actually want SWTOR to be a single player game... It was the no-sub format that pulled this game from the descent to the grave. I know some people have issues admiting that, considering there's some messed up hate for non-subbed players (dunno why) but it's clear as day and if you stuck around this game then you'd know.

Honest question. Does anybody here know of any players that don't sub that spend allot on cartel items. I don't, all the players I know that spend a lot on cartel items are subbers.

The changes just ended up with subbers paying more than just a sub.

That's cause what they offer is simply uninteresting. OK, some might buy the ability to wear orange items, some even might buy the ability to hide their head slot (nice one EA, it totally does not scream "RIP YOU OFF"), but honestly, why spend real money JUST to get in some warzones where you'll get steamrolled over by the other team for lacking elite gear and verbally abused by yours for the same reason. SWTOR PVP is not attractive enough, from many perspectives, to justify selling tickets like this. IMO they should have done that with the story cause that's actually good!

So you whant them to lose more subs by making the game FTP on PVP? Well i know i would go FPT for that... I ONLY PVP... If that is free then lol they just lost a sub... Trust me i am not the only one.

Also the proposition for FTP to not be able to use gear (pvp one) is also bad. That would ruin the gameplay for the rest of us... Yeah its sure to kill some of them at first and not so bad to have them on your own team but after some time when you can't do any real pvp aside for Ranked because its win or lose depending on the numbers of FTP's... Its get's boring fast...

I belive the system is all well and good as it is now. I am sure if those people if they trink the gameplay is good enough after 3 games they can put some bloody $ down and get a week pass to try the game more...

Edited by Xanas

I'm all for that idea. It would benefit everyone if more people played and if F2P'ers had the same chance to gear up and build routine. I mean, do we really want to play with a guy who perhaps only has played that particular warzone once in the past month? That's a subscriber benefit right there; not having to play with people who hardly get to play. I rather play with people who have some idea of what they're doing instead of turning it into a sandbox discussion regarding who's entitled to access and not.

There are already so many annoying restrictions for F2P'ers that they'd probably subscribe if it was an option. Or atleast make it so that preferred players have full access.