Guide: Newcomers

Goshee

...There was information about minimum requirements so I figured I would ask. Instead of telling me I am posting in the wrong section, why not point me in the right direction? I am not computer literate. I did research. Have you recently browsed through the available options?? There is an immense list of choices. I simply asked for advice and to be pointed in the right direction. The forums are a place to ask questions and receive answers. That is why I posted.

I know nothing about graphics cards and what not. There is a good thread somewhere for you though I will look for it for you.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Great guide! :)

I do have a question regarding the Story section though. I'm a brand new player having just started a few days ago so still reading through the forums for info and may have missed this somewhere but I'd like to know...are there more implications for going to the opposite spectrum of the force than your initial allegience? I'm considering taking a jedi and turning him dark but don't know the full impact of what that means and whether that will make me weaker in some way. I know you can't use blue lightsabers if you go down the dark side path but is there more to it than that?

Also, I'm assuming there are benefits to being a higher rank one way or the other but haven't seen any explanation of what that is...do you get stronger if you are on Rank 2 of the light side rather than Rank 1?

Hello folks, I'm Tim aka Mirku on the server sith wyrm I think is how you spell it. I'm posting here because I was trying to make a new post on the north america/pve/Empire forums and it says "EnvyLivius, you do not have permission to access this page." Can anyone tell me why please? Would be very much appreciated as I'm trying to scout around for guilds and make some posts in reference to that & it will not allow me. Any & all help is very much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Hello folks, I'm Tim aka Mirku on the server sith wyrm I think is how you spell it. I'm posting here because I was trying to make a new post on the north america/pve/Empire forums and it says "EnvyLivius, you do not have permission to access this page." Can anyone tell me why please? Would be very much appreciated as I'm trying to scout around for guilds and make some posts in reference to that & it will not allow me. Any & all help is very much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

The Guild Hall forums have been set to Read-only for a while before they are deleted.

Use the new Server Group forums instead.

(IIRC, this was implemented a couple of weeks back.)

Great guide! :)

I do have a question regarding the Story section though. I'm a brand new player having just started a few days ago so still reading through the forums for info and may have missed this somewhere but I'd like to know...are there more implications for going to the opposite spectrum of the force than your initial allegience? I'm considering taking a jedi and turning him dark but don't know the full impact of what that means and whether that will make me weaker in some way. I know you can't use blue lightsabers if you go down the dark side path but is there more to it than that?

Also, I'm assuming there are benefits to being a higher rank one way or the other but haven't seen any explanation of what that is...do you get stronger if you are on Rank 2 of the light side rather than Rank 1?

Your light/dark rank allows you to access stuff at light/dark vendors that you otherwise wouldn't be able to use. Certain color crystals are only available to some ranks. If you go dark, the dark side will affect your appearance, unless you turn that off in preferences. You are not stronger or weaker for goinging one way or another.

Your light/dark rank allows you to access stuff at light/dark vendors that you otherwise wouldn't be able to use. Certain color crystals are only available to some ranks. If you go dark, the dark side will affect your appearance, unless you turn that off in preferences. You are not stronger or weaker for goinging one way or another.

Thanks! That's exactly the info I was looking for, thinking of turning my sentinal dark and wasn't sure what the outcome would be.

Just wanted to say thank you for compiling all this useful info.

I'm new in town, and trying to figure a lot of stuff out right now. I didn't even know I'd rolled a nerfed class till I checked in on the IA forums.

Guess I should QQ now, right? :rolleyes:

What is the best way to target an enemy. Ive used tab to target but im not that good at it. I have to look at the keys. When Im grouped im like standing around not hitting anything because of targeting. I dont like using the mouse. Is there a auto target I can turn on. Also, can you use a console controler, (ps3P

What is the best way to target an enemy. Ive used tab to target but im not that good at it. I have to look at the keys. When Im grouped im like standing around not hitting anything because of targeting. I dont like using the mouse. Is there a auto target I can turn on. Also, can you use a console controler, (ps3P

You can turn on an option in preferences about "using offensive ability automatically targets nearest enemy" IIRC

Im so disappointed about the legacy name. :(

I thought it was gonna be something unique but it aint.

I seen char running around with my legacy name and one of my guildie have also seen another char with his legacy name and now even a guild with the same name

It should be impossible for someone else to pick that name or even have something rly close to it.

Have 2 questions:

1. You can hide your helmet. But is there any way for not showing your companion's helmet. Kaliyo has pretty eyes and bad designed helmets as well as my agent, so can I disable showing helmets on both?

2. Does your companions affected by sith corruption (yellow eyes for ex.) or they always look the same? (I know about customization, it make looks your comp different, but bot like the sith)