Guild Bank. No Tax system for guild members.

Lord-Raze

And... what would the guild leader use the money for?

The crafting system just recently became more useful so there could be a guild crafter and that guild crafter would give people special items based on thier contribution. That makes sense.

However, to properly insert a tax system it has to be transparent.

So everyone can see what is in the guild bank, who put what into the resources of the bank, and who took what out, and possibly show what they spent it on as well.

Since to not have a transparent system it will be exploited.

Also there is little need even with 1.2 crafting to have a guild crafter. We can manage without a guild crafter, however having one is really cool. So the trade-off means that to have a guild bank system that exploits peoples money for little return at the expense of not implementing a transparent system to avoid exploitation would be a bad choice since as stated before, we can manage without a tax system.

A tax system would be important when funds have to be amassed for really expensive things like 'guild ships'. However at the moment having a tax and no transparent system would make me want to leave my guild as soon as possible.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"lamenting how nobody sent my welfare check"? Really? That's so typical of people that think like that. First and foremost it's a game, secondly if you play together you should pay together (in-game of course).

You need to L2P, 4 wipes means you need to re-assess your strategy because it's not your guildmembers that require the *** wiping, it's you.

Were you born stupid or did you take a blow to the head? If you seriously expect me to believe that you've never wiped multiple times on new content you must have something mentally wrong. OMG GUYS 4 WIPES WE ALL SUXZ. The new hard mode content is actually somewhat hard. It requires an actual strat and actual positioning unlike their previous nonsense. Really get a clue and go make some credits.

It's a beautifully elegant and simple system.

Its not entirely great. It removes the guilt and ethical dilemma of those in power and those who have access to the guild resources to give themselves a bigger cut since others are not losing.

In a way, a guild leader puts a lot of time to organize events, teams, and other activities, and in some cases I can understand why a guild leader deserves a bigger take... however, that's not the case for all guilds, and therefore some guilds can lure people into something for their own profit also hurting the economy by inflating it with more money by design but for their own personal gain instead for others (who need to also benefit since prices will go higher with this system).

So... the solution is to make sure the money is spent fairly that even with inflation that might occur with more spending it will occur on average fairly among the guilds. As long as people are in guilds it should offer them a safety bubble to deal with higher prices, and higher demand.

And to do that...I want every guild member to be able to see whats in the guild bank, and how the resources are being distributed evenly based on contribution or based on necessity to help the guild.

Edited by VegaPhone

Were you born stupid or did you take a blow to the head? If you seriously expect me to believe that you've never wiped multiple times on new content you must have something mentally wrong. OMG GUYS 4 WIPES WE ALL SUXZ. The new hard mode content is actually somewhat hard. It requires an actual strat and actual positioning unlike their previous nonsense. Really get a clue and go make some credits.

Who said I wasn't making credits? I make a ton of credits running dailies and selling UWT mats on the GTN. You ran into new content without actual strategy or positioning in mind? Yeah, I would have to agree with your CAPS then, especially after four different runs. Turns out all of your "hard-earned" credits go toward making up for your inability to play.

And with that the servers are back up, so I'm done. Enjoy mediocrity ;)

Who said I wasn't making credits? I make a ton of credits running dailies and selling UWT mats on the GTN. You ran into new content without actual strategy or positioning in mind? Yeah, I would have to agree with your CAPS then, especially after four different runs. Turns out all of your "hard-earned" credits go toward making up for your inability to play.

And with that the servers are back up, so I'm done. Enjoy mediocrity ;)

I'm sure everyone on the fleet is missing your leet dance skills while you stand there all day not actually doing anything.

• 1 year later...

We're discussiong on a taxation system since the bank launch but never has been said by dev. so... I'd like to read some of their aswers. A tax system is cool, is a way to quest together, can be use for repir or whatever guilds want.

Wanna you give it us? :p

I'd really love it - as many other want - but dev don't say anything: are there any reason why you won't insert it in the game?

If so, please, tell us :)

This needs to be implemented and done properly.

The way to make it work, without pissing people off is to have a percentage of all gold/credit drops automatically generated specifically for guild bank purposes.

Basically, exactly like WoW's system. Yes I said it.

Here's how it works.

If a mob is designed to drop 200 credits on a kill, it would now drop 220 credits and the 20 goes directly to the guild bank.

This is the only taxation system I have ever seen work without causing stress within guilds. It's automatic and it's fair.

So 2 things.

Make it Zero Loss for the player.

Make it zero maintenance for the officers/GM's.

You now have a winning taxation system.

Not sure I completely understand this system but it appears to me that player is still making a loss - unless the 20 credit increase is associated with player being guilded rather than a general increase.

Edited by XuShaBi

In a way, a guild leader puts a lot of time to organize events, teams, and other activities, and in some cases I can understand why a guild leader deserves a bigger take... however, that's not the case for all guilds, and therefore some guilds can lure people into something for their own profit also hurting the economy by inflating it with more money by design but for their own personal gain instead for others (who need to also benefit since prices will go higher with this system).

Being a guild leader automatically gives you significant power in your guild. You don't need to reward them more than that.

The system in WarHammer worked well. 0 to 100% of the money drops off mobs went into the guild bank, the tax rate was set by the GM. No extra money was created, and you got to keep everything you made from quests and selling stuff. The money was used for upkeep and upgrades of forts your guild held.

Not sure I completely understand this system but it appears to me that player is still making a loss - unless the 20 credit increase is associated with player being guilded rather than a general increase.

The creds that you or I would see, guilded or not, would be the exact same. If I am in a guild, and you arent, and a mob is supposed to drop 500c, then each of us would get 500c. The only difference is that, since I am in a guild, the game would recognize this and drop and additional 50c into my guild's bank. The guild is building creds for mobs I kill or quests I turn in without physically taking any of those creds from me.

For Example:

My creds - 1,000,000

My GB creds - 10,000,000

Your creds - 1,000,000

You and I each kill the same mob and are rewarded with 500c. The totals in our accounts would now be:

My creds - 1,000,500

My GB creds - 10,000,050

Your creds - 1,000,500

That's how I understand that original suggestion you quoted. :)

Taking a portion of player drops is stupid.

They need to take the Rift idea of a Tithe. Pretty much a certain % of what drops gets put in the guild bank. The player doesn't see any difference. If the mob was gonna give them 100credits and the tithe % is 25%, then he still gets his 100cr and the bank gets 25cr.

This way players are rewarded for farming instead of being hindered.

Can't use the word Tax. Tax means taking from the player to fund the guild. Have to use the word Tithe or something similar.

Edited by Retsopmi

The way to make it work, without pissing people off is to have a percentage of all gold/credit drops automatically generated specifically for guild bank purposes.

Here's how it works.

If a mob is designed to drop 200 credits on a kill, it would now drop 220 credits and the 20 goes directly to the guild bank.

This is the only taxation system I have ever seen work without causing stress within guilds. It's automatic and it's fair.

So 2 things.

WoW uses a system like this and it works VERY well. It works especially well for those guilds that do a lot of PvE activity together such as raiding or FP's and give guildies an allowance for gear repairs.

• 1 month later...

Make it Zero Loss for the player. Make it zero maintenance for the officers/GM's. You now have a winning taxation system.

^ this. Yes its from Wow but just b/c its WoW doesnt mean they dont have some good ways of doing things.

Here's how it works.

So 2 things.

Yeah, their system is very good. I would have no arguments if they just copied the basic idea. :p They can adjust the actual percentage however.

A guildmaster should be able to tax his/her guildmembers, for whatever percentage he/she sees fit.

If you don't like 50% guildtaxes, then quit your guild and make your own.

Is 5% still too much for you? Fine, but your guild WON'T have the finances for any of the extra features you require of it.

What I've seen in most guilds I've been in, through various games, was that the guildmaster and 3-5 dedicated members paid all the expenses for extras, craftables, stocked up guildbanks, you name it, while the other 15-150 members' only offerings were complaints because the tank showed up 5 minutes late. No matter that the tank smartly prepared by having logged out at the entrance to the dungeon the night before, while the biggest complainers will now be begging for teleports or whatever because they're still five zones away.

Creating additional "guildfunds" on top of whatever a player grinds is a cop-out to circumvent the whole issue. Not to mention, it adds to inflation. This game already suffers from inflation, and this would only make it worse!

However, I'm not fond of percentile taxes either. A player who grinds 2 hours a day will be paying a lot, while a player who doesn't grind (or grinds on an un-guilded alt!) won't pay a dime. And there are plenty of those players who just log in 5 minutes before the raid and log out again when the raid is over.

So I'd rather see the implementation of some better guildmanagement tools, specifically for tracking donations. Simply let the Guildmaster see some graph, showing the totals for each players' donations for 1 week, 2 weeks AND for a whole month. Let them figure out a minimal weekly donation per member themselves, but at least give them the tools to see that data in an intuitive manner. It's upto themselves to decide what they do with the information. It's upto the members themselves to figure out how they get the funds for their weekly membership fee. Whether they grind on that character or grind on an alt or sell cartel packs, that's entirely up to the members themselves.

But if a guild needs regular financial maintenance, then it's the responsibility of the players to help out and donate.

Not the guildmasters' responsibility.

Even less Biowares' responsibilty.

It's the responsibility of all the guildmembers.

And just 3-10k a week from each member should be plenty. It doesn't even take 15 minutes to grind that together, but the avarage guildmember in your avarage guild is too cheap even for that!