Can we not buy this 'Expansion' with Cartel Coins?

Lionflash

The problem I have is that I'm only limited to paying the subscription. IF it were sold in stores or any form of physical payment, that would be a different story. I guess I won't be buying this expansion.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem I have is that I'm only limited to paying the subscription. IF it were sold in stores or any form of physical payment, that would be a different story. I guess I won't be buying this expansion.

I think a lot of people are of the same mind, and I can understand it, although I am happy to give out my card details in this case (I have a bespoke, pre-paid card for Web transactions, so no one can get to my banking details ... ).

I wonder if EA has done the maths on how limiting their aim to go all-digital for distribution is. I can understand it from their point of view; production costs for distribution go down, they have more direct control over pricing, patching and upgrades become easier and piracy becomes that much harder. But they will lose people who prefer to have physical media; because of slow Internet connections, or because they don't use credit cards, or because they are too young to have one, or myriad other reasons.