Gear check For Group Finder, becoming a necessity.

why?access to the 55 HMs (28 armors,mods,enhs,hilts,barrels) can be crafted or peeled off the GTN , without stabs, mass manipulation, or any of that fancy ops material required.

Why should I have my flashpoint ruined for people that can't be bothered to read requirements, or are deliberately ignoring them hoping that the rest of the team carries them through?

Why do you consider a failed FP ruined? Failing and trying again is part of the MMO playstyle.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you consider a failed FP ruined? Failing and trying again is part of the MMO playstyle.

Yeah not everybody has *Hours* of spare time to queue multiple times in GF as a dps.

Tends to be even more annoying if the FP failed because people

1)can't read requirements. ( don't know what requirements mean, and went "whatever" and queued anyway )

2)fail to read. ( didn't bother reading the requirements )

3)are deliberately not reading hoping that teams carry ppl throughout flashpoints. ( basically leeching. )

Unfortunately. one geared 66 guy with 2 odd 72 barrels ( me ) can't carry a whole majorly undergeared PUG through a 55 HM, no matter what cooldowns i pop, no matter how hard I try. so yes, my flashpoint fails, and back to the GF queue for another hour :) .

Same thing for asking to be kicked. Why should I go? you're ( the PUG ) the ones attempting to access content without the gear required ( not reccommended, REQUIRED ) for said content.

There will always be that odd undergeared player, but that's no reason to be angry about the system.

You only ever need a good tank and good healer, and maybe a mediocre DPS to complete most HM's.

If you don't like what you get from Group Finder, don't use it.

When people hit 50, they'll usually queue for the HM's before gearing up first.

Besides, its always nice to do carries and teach the new 50's about end-game stuff.

I am 100% in favor of having to meet a minimum gear requirement before you have the option to queue for Hard Modes. I think something like an average of Rakata or better would be fine, and the requirement should be a lot more relaxed or even not exist for regulars.

The Hard Modes should be greyed out with a message like 'you must have better gear to complete this content' so that people know.

Three things that come to mind:

1 - Being callous, ignorant and rude is not tha same as being a casual gamer.

2 - Just as well the gear requirements are false, even epic level 50 gear can do the job if you play well. 44 greens and blues are unacceptable though.

3 - I que with always at least one guild mate.

I am a healer at 55. A dps at 55. and a tank at 55.

as a dps I know what awaits me for entering gf queue. That's not what I'm going to rant about.

I'm ranting about the fact that we get (clueless) people queueing up in level 55 HMs with blue level 44 armorings on them. Just had a whole group of em, the most powerful one had 1 69 item, and green implants, and not even the latest ones.

Mandalorian raiders 55 HM. Naturally, cc for this group is overrated, and of course we get shredded when we get 5 salky hounds jumping on us in 1 go.

Keep going in, keep dying. Had enough as we wouldn't stand a chance. But yeah what gets me is that I get the lockout. The only one with the proper gear in it, why is this happening, why does any dps have to wait another hour in GF because of people that... don't know... Can't read?

It is evident most people can't, so yeah,although I believe this was already done, I request once again an automated gear checker for group finder, at least for the high level end game content.

And yeah also if you could implement a queue status for the group finder it would also be appreciated. Thanks for reading me out :)

I agree with you, we need a bolster for PvE because it is working so well with PvP.

This situation could be helped greatly by a gearing guide (that is easy to understand....leave out all yer math equations)......

Since I topped 50, I barely do any of these HM's due to no explanation of what is expected of my role and rude group members that decide to bypass mobs and content without ever explaining that to the group.

There's just no learning curve.....the HM's system changes when you top out and nothing seems to explain that clearly and effectively.

Once you top out, everyone expects you know exactly how to run the instance.....when many of us are, in fact, running it for the first time.....

How do we learn if no ever takes the time to spell these things out?

I wouldn't be against Hardmode Flashpoints and all Operations have a gear requirement. List it in the group finder and gray out anything the player isn't qualified for, and make sure there's a real handy list of where to gear the next gear you need right there too. But do NOT have a gear score any player can see.

Since I topped 50, I barely do any of these HM's due to no explanation of what is expected of my role and rude group members that decide to bypass mobs and content without ever explaining that to the group.

I hate this in Story Mode, especially the first time I was running Flashpoints. I can understand it in Hard Modes, but it gets ridiculous with some players. They're trying to skip as much as they possibly can, and it ends up taking way longer for all the players to hit the fiddly little jumps in the right spots than it would to just punch through the mobs. And when one player runs off on their "perfect path" without making sure everyone knows it, the party just gets strung out and the chances of at least one player dying and the rest waiting goes way up.

Whats so annoying is that the 66 stuff is so damn cheap on the GTN. Blue full set pieces (armoring/mod/enhancement) 20k. Purples run about 40k per slot. about 40k for lvl 54 implants/earpieces while the better lvl 53 stuff runs about 150-200k

Just to buy adaquete gear (blue 66 and lvl 54) your looking at about 400k. You should have twice that just completing Makeb.

Go for the good stuff? (Purp 66s) about 1.8mil. I know cause I just did it. Thats maybe 4-5 days worth of dailies?

Or

Do chests runs, takes about 3 hours and you'll have enough for All Purps and maybe even get yourself a 72 hilt/barrel.

The crazy thing is you can do your dailies/chests before you hit 55. My Sage had 27k HP 5 mins after hitting Lvl 53.

Gear check should absolutely be needed. Failing to get 61's? Thats just asking to be carried.

In many ways I support the gear check. Now I have never had an issue with doing a HM Flashpoint with a pug group. If anything as a casual player I might be seen as the noob I don't memorise boss mechanics or paths however at least my gear is the correct level and if people take a minute to run through the boss I normally do ok. A gear check would be cool. Maybe give a little ley way 156 point flash point the guy has 150 average gear let him in, a guy has 116 gear no chance.

This game is moving in a casual direction. If there ever was a time where a gear check system would have been prudent, that time has passed IMO.

Vote kick serves this purpose, abet not directly. A gear check mechanism is not casual friendly, and therefore would not be a good addition to the game IMO.

What?

If a minimum gearcheck is not casual-friendly, then the 55 HM FPs themselves are not casual-friendly. Gearcheck would be a lot more friendly than votekick actually.

This game is moving in a casual direction. If there ever was a time where a gear check system would have been prudent, that time has passed IMO.

Vote kick serves this purpose, abet not directly. A gear check mechanism is not casual friendly, and therefore would not be a good addition to the game IMO.

Well then give me a button choice for my 55 hardmodes;

1- Casual: take your time, stop for dinner break right before the second boss, bio breaks every 37 seconds, listen to all the cut scenes, do all the bonus missions, etc.

2- Elite: don't speak to anyone, start puling and don't stop til your done or someone dies, finish in 14 minutes or less.

happiness ensues. :D

Edited by Zilik

How do we learn if no ever takes the time to spell these things out?

You say "hey guys, this is my first time" or some other variant. There ya go.

I am one of those people who speed run, and I will boot you if you keep screwing up...IF A. You don't express it's your first time. I'll gladly teach you, it's a pleasure. B. I'll boot you if you say it's your first time, and -refuse- (this happens A LOT) to listen to what I'm saying.

We were all new once, but it helps to say you are, if you don't, I expect you to know the fights like the back of your hand, and be damned if I have to explain it to you.

But really, long as you say you're new, and -listen- to people, most will gladly help you along and teach you, and have a bit of patience. Keep in mind, I said most.

You say "hey guys, this is my first time" or some other variant. There ya go.

I'll explain tactics from here to kingdom come to people that say that.

My issue, again is people entering content that requires 66 purple on all team members,And I get anything from 61 to 44 gear, from green to purp, on ALL of my team. messing up my flashpoint, and sending back to the lovely GF queue as a DPS.

I'll explain tactics from here to kingdom come to people that say that.

My issue, again is people entering content that requires 66 purple on all team members,And I get anything from 61 to 44 gear, from green to purp, on ALL of my team. messing up my flashpoint, and sending back to the lovely GF queue as a DPS.

Agreed, someone coherent enough to say its his first run AND listen to the suggestions is fine, except when that same person, regardless of his "L33T" skills or whatever, is wearing 48 quest greens and simply mathematically does not have the numbers to beat the encounter.

Furthermore, that's what votekick is for. and if your entire group is undergeared, ask them to votekick you.

Wouldn't it be much simpler if the game just wouldn't let people queue for stuff they don't have the gear for? There are already gear requirements associated with instances. The UI shows them to you. It should enforce them by making the checkbox for the instance unavailable if you're not wearing appropriate level gear with appropriate stats for your role.

Wouldn't it be much simpler if the game just wouldn't let people queue for stuff they don't have the gear for? There are already gear requirements associated with instances. The UI shows them to you. It should enforce them by making the checkbox for the instance unavailable if you're not wearing appropriate level gear with appropriate stats for your role.

jackpot

So, as has been stated in this thread, if a guild chooses to carry an undergeared DPS through an instance to get them some gear, they should not have that option if they fail the gear check?

And my first post was - as some people did figure out - that if the entire group is bad, and you get votekicked, you won't have a lockout and can re-queue, whereas if you quit you get a lockout. Better to just be kicked than to be locked.

Stating that there's a "minimum gear level" for ALL CONTENT is laughable. I've cleared all four of the 55 hmfp in gear ranging from 58s to 72s, in all three roles. It simply does NOT require 66s unless you don't know how to play your class. When the developers state that Lost Island was clearable in Tionese - and it was - yet 50% or more of PUG groups couldn't clear it in rakata+, then gear isn't the problem. You can't put a "skill check" in the game, and that's where the difficulty lies.

But yeah what gets me is that I get the lockout. The only one with the proper gear in it, why is this happening

Because the possession of things isn't the only criterion determining if you can or cannot do a thing, likely.

hang on, I have a theory of what's going on here but I'd best double check it.

so basically.. in a 55 HM with me being the dps with 30k HP and full 66, with 2 odd 72 barrels ,and the others having 23k at most on 61 gear , 44 armorings, blue level 50 chest pieces,and green implants,

Are you, by any chance, deducting that i am the one in the wrong? and i should be the one getting (or asking) the kick? Because I kind of doubt of being able to systematically kicking out every other team member .

A guy being in the wrong for being 66+ geared in a 66 required Flashpoint with all the other players vastly undergeared, that is priceless.

Umm you do know that you have the option to NOT use the GF and find people of like mind , Other wise deal with what the group finder gives ya.:o

:eek:

So, as has been stated in this thread, if a guild chooses to carry an undergeared DPS through an instance to get them some gear, they should not have that option if they fail the gear check?

And my first post was - as some people did figure out - that if the entire group is bad, and you get votekicked, you won't have a lockout and can re-queue, whereas if you quit you get a lockout. Better to just be kicked than to be locked.

Stating that there's a "minimum gear level" for ALL CONTENT is laughable. I've cleared all four of the 55 hmfp in gear ranging from 58s to 72s, in all three roles. It simply does NOT require 66s unless you don't know how to play your class. When the developers state that Lost Island was clearable in Tionese - and it was - yet 50% or more of PUG groups couldn't clear it in rakata+, then gear isn't the problem. You can't put a "skill check" in the game, and that's where the difficulty lies.

So set a gear check for pugs. If you choose to run the instance vastly undergeared with guildies, walk in.

They would not have the option to do it via Group Finder. The gear check is for Group Finder, not for entering the instance.

If the guild wanted to carry someone through the instance, they would simply have to do it without Group Finder.

Then you have to act like a jerkwad to get kicked. That's a poor approach.

There is a gear level associated with Hard Mode Flashpoints (Level 55) in Group Finder - Item Rating 148. There is also a gear level associated with Hard Mode Flashpoints (Level 50) in Group Finder - Item Rating 126. There is also a gear level associated with Story Mode Operations (8 Players) in Group Finder - Item Rating 126 for 50's and 156 for 55's.

Those should be enforced by the tool.

Edited by DarthTHC

Yeah, like walking in a club with a dress-code to dress elegantly. 4 people walk in, one matching the dress-code, the other ones wearing tracksuits. Yeah, of course the bouncers should let in the 3 tracksuits, and the well-dressed one needs to tell the tracksuits that he's going back home cuz he's the only one dressed properly for the club.

Wut?