60 Sec Crowd Control Abilities?

DarkSeverance

Scoundrels and Operatives also get a 'only usable from stealth and against targets not in combat that aren't Droids'.

Whirlwind/Force Lift is a base class ability, so Sorcs, Sins, Cons and Shadows all get it.

But I believe the duration is much shorter for Assassins and Shadows.

Why do you not count Mind Maze to the 60s stun (as correctly mentioned in the OP)?

http://knotor.com/abilities/189245

My Shadow is only level 19, so I will know tonight for sure.

Edit: Or do you mean because it can not be done all the time?

mind maze and it's scoundre/op equivalent require you be out of combat and stealthed and only work on non droids

force lift and concussive round and their sith equivalents can be used anytime on anything

It does not break stealth. However once the stun wears off, the mobs will seek you out until you've gotten out of range that they reset. Although this can work (I've used Mind Maze to do this) just remember the last set of mobs if still in close range can still aggro. Also if they do aggro, they usually train a lot more with them.

this only happens when you pick up the talent in sawbones that debuffs their damge when it wears off.

unless you are pvp'ng, dont pick it up.

really, havn't got a single mob track back to me but I was duoing with an operative so we CC our mobs alternatively, we probably got out of their range once i need to use my CC again on another mob.

It's a side effect of the sedatives ability. i.e. the 2 point reduce damage for 50% for 10 seconds after they wake up.

That negative effect applies when they wake up giving them aggro on you. If you leave it untalented you do not have this issue, but it does mean if you are working on soloing a heroic you have to fight the mandatory pulls or get to a map transition point which mobs don't seem to cross.

this only happens when you pick up the talent in sawbones that debuffs their damge when it wears off.

unless you are pvp'ng, dont pick it up.

bah if you are soloing heroic 4's don't pick it up. otherwise make sure and let your healing opp/sawbones CC prior to pull.

and If you know what youa re doing you can still solo some heroic 4's just not bypass content.

• 2 weeks later...
What are all the classes that have a 60 second Crowd Control abilities and what are they? I can't remember them all and I recall Scoundrel having two of them, one to be used on droids and another to be used on people I thought (might be thinking Flash Grenade) I know Sage/Sorcerer gets one, but do they have others or just one? Do Commando's or other classes get some?

Empire:

Sorcerer: Level 10: Whirlwind - 60 seconds.

Imperial Agent: Level 12: Slice Droid - 60 seconds. Only useable on droids.

Operative: Level 20: Sleep Dart - 60 seconds. Only usable from stealth and only usable on targets not in combat. Does not affect droids.

Assassin: Level 20: Mind Trap - 60 seconds. Only usable from stealth and only usable on targets not in combat. Does not affect droids.

Mercenary: Level 22: Concussion Missile - 60 seconds.

Marauder: Level 28: Disable Droid - 60 seconds. Only useable on droids.

Republic:

Sage: Level 10: Force Lift - 60 seconds.

Smuggler: Level 12: Slice Droid - 60 seconds, only useable on droids.

Scoundrel: Level 20: Tranquilizer - 60 seconds. Only usable from stealth and only usable on targets not in combat. Does not affect droids.

Shadow: Level 20: Mind Maze - 60 seconds. Only usable from stealth and only usable on targets not in combat. Does not affect droids.

Commando: Level 22: Concussive Round - 60 seconds.

Sentinel: Level 28: Disable Droid - 60 seconds. Only useable on droids.

Note: Sorcerer/Sage and Mercenary/Commando are the only ones that can essentially CC any target indefinitely. Smuggler/Imperial Agent and Sentinel/Marauder can keep a droid CC indefinitely.

this good article should post at 2011.12.17,

and now, with full of bugs EA, i cancel my sub.

• 1 year later...