Bugged / Missing Codex for Republic Players

WolfpackAW

Thank you Freek_ish.

Regarding "codex" vs "achievements", I would refer you back a few pages in this same thread to the exchange of info between myself and EnmaAii which took place on 12/31/2013. He (?) has succeeded in a majority of those epic enemies and states he has Codex entry for them.

I went to SWTOR-SPY.com, and pulled the list of Epic Enemies, and used that to QC my info. I also checked all other entries by category... I found 22 that i were missing. I will revise my tracking sheet and post updated info next month (April).

I don't play much at the 'big' fights so I don't have many of those.

If my numbers are anywhere close to being right, it means there are still ~60 Codex listings which I have no idea/information about, to have a total of 953 unique entries.

In the spreadsheet, if you 'filter' on the completion column for 'x', you'll have all my collected, then you can just delete the 'x', un-filter, and wha-la, you have an empty sheet. Re-enter your collected 'x' as applicable.

Click on every object. Complete every quest. Kill every NPC. Kill every Player. = Codex complete?

Happy Hunting.

Edited by GasGuy
Additional Info

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

TaitWatson just posted this to one of the other bug report forums. Thanks Tait!

Just so you all know, there are two Codex fixes coming in 2.7:

• The “Species: Weequay” Codex Entry has been added to the game, and can be obtained via a Lore Object on Nar Shaddaa.

• The “Species: Trandoshan” Codex Entry has been added to the game, and can be obtained by killing a Trandoshan on Belsavis.

Thank you all for your reports! :tran_smile:

-tw

• 3 weeks later...

Hello fellow Codex hunters!

Tait just posted this earlier this month to his thread called 'Known Issues'. He also mentions there that they are carefully choosing what to include on that list and what not to. Look what's at the top of the list!!

General

A number of Achievements do not grant as intended.

A number of Codex entries do not grant as intended.

To me, this is a positive sign that they are going to be continuing to fix the codex. Tait if you read this, THANK YOU to you and the developers who are tracking these down and fixing them. Lots of people love to hunt and complete these, and we've never been able to complete them since launch. Please don't stop fixing them, and thanks again!

Hello there,

Is the codex entry "The World Razer" on Belsavis bugged? I did the quest which you can get from general Skylast at least 2 times and yet I have no codex entry

As far as i can tell it's not one of the bugged entries, but this happens to some people when they finish missions. I'd say submit a support ticket for it - in the mission category. If it's not on the bugged lists (and it's not), they can usually grant you the codex you should have gotten.

Hello Codex Hunters.

Can you help me figure out the new codex listings from Patch 2.7?? The Korriban Incursion and Assault on Tython Flashpoints have been added to the Tactical Flashpoint category at level 55.

It's tough to be running these flashpoints the 1st time through and trying to make note of when/where you get the Codex, and still not impede the group.

Republic codices:

Assault on Tython

Lore: The Empire on Tython

Persons: Theron Shan

Korriban Incursion

Lore: Korriban’s Dark Draw

Lore: Taking the Sith Archives

Empire codices:

Assault on Tython

Lore: Incursion of Tython

Lore: The Jedi Temple on Tython

Person: Darth Arkous

Korriban Incursion

Person: Colonel Dorok

Lore: Republic Occupation of Korriban

I think I am missing something…???....

new entries added in game:

pvp -

Quesh Huttball Pit: Used Magnetic Grapple

lore -

Invasion of Tython (Empire)

The Jedi Temple on Tython (Empire)

Republic Occupation of Korriban (Empire)

Taking the Sith Academy (Republic)

The Empire on Tython (Republic)

Korriban's Dark Draw (Republic)

persones of note -

Darth Arkous (Empire)

Lana Beniko (Empire)

Colonel Darok (Republic)

Theron Shan (Republic)

titles -

Conquerer of the Dread Fortress,,,,, [DF with Nim power]

Gate Crasher,,,,, [DF timed run]

Deposer of the Dread Masters,,,,, [DP with Nim power]

Dread Master,,,,, [DP timed run]

Hotshot,,,,, [Cartel pack]

Galactic Warden,,,,, [Cartel pack]

Gatekeeper,,,,, [Cartel pack]

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Codex Hunters.

The MAY version of my Codex Tracking spreadsheet has been updated at OotiniCast.com. There is a link on the front page to download the xls.

I have added 41 new entries, and cross-indexed my data with the excellent work from Dulfy.net to add 75 titles. I also made other corrections.

This is completely blank sheet. table, none of my data to mess you up. Just put in a "X" for the ones you have.

All the weird missing entries are pre-sorted on the top of the table. But you can re-sort to meet your needs.

Good Hunting.

• 1 month later...

Hello Fellow Codex Hunters!!

The fine folks over at “Escape Pod Cast” reviewed the Macrobinoculars quest series in their recent episode #43. Near the end they talk about the special 1-time quest titled “Corporate Communications” which takes place on the planet CZ-198. This got me to thinking…did I have the codex for CZ-198? And what kind of codex is it…. A planet codex or a location codex? Most planet codices are claimed solely by having just arrived on the planet… but I did not have one for CZ-198 so this was not the trigger for capture.

The information at SWTOR-SPY.com was very helpful (thank you to Darth_Wicked) and revealed that the accessibility for the CZ-198 codex has only been available in the last 3 months (April 2014). It turns out that the codex is a “Location” type and not a “Planet”.

To collect the codex you need to use your Macrobinoculars to scan the connecting bridge between two “twin tower” buildings on the south side of the main landing platform. You need to stand in just the right location. For the Republic try coordinates -547,40, and for the Empire try 36,36. I had to scan multiple times before my macrobinoculars would activate and register the scan.

As a side note, Dulfy.net has two excellent guides; one for the Macrobinoclulars quests, and the other for the Corporate Communications quest.

Good Hunting!

• 3 weeks later...
I noticed there is a thread for bugged or missing codex entries for Empire players, but I have not found one for Republic players, so here's my attempt at it. I am a Jedi Consular (this is important to the list below), and I have completed all the planets up through Ilum, and here's my list of bugged or missing codex entries for Republic players. I will attempt to keep this list updated with information as it comes in, so please contribute!

Not Associated with a Planet

Combat Ratings - Game Rules

Item Modification - Game Rules (bugged for Troopers)

UPDATE: This entry no longer bugged.

Ilum - Captured the Zone - Achievements: PvP

Denova Novare Coast - Interrupted a Capture Attempt - Achievements: PvP

Hoth - Devaronian - Species

UPDATE: As of 7/23/2013, this entry is now obtainable by killing the Cruel White Maw Marauder, found at many locations in the Starship Graveyard on Hoth. Note, this entry is NOT counted in the Hoth species list.

Tython - Terentatek - Bestiary

Tython - Jedi Weapons - Lore (bugged for Jedi Knights)

Tython - Satele Shan - Persons of Note (bugged for Jedi Consulars)

Ord Mantell - Kel Dor - Species

Ord Mantell - Mon Calamari - Species

Ord Mantell - Cathar - Species

Ord Mantell - Split by Rebellion - Lore

Ord Mantell - Ruled by Corruption - Lore

Ord Mantell - Underworld Influences - Lore

Ord Mantell - Separatist Movement - Organizations (currently only obtainable during the Trooper/Smuggler quest 'Unsafe Safe Houses’, unobtainable for Jedi Knight/Consular)

Coruscant - Sullustan - Species

Coruscant - Darth Angral - Persons of Note (bugged for Jedi Knights)

Taris - Cathar Settlers - Organizations

Taris - Mandalorian Bane - Titles

Nar Shaddaa - Shadow Hunter - Titles

Nar Shaddaa - Scourge of the Underworld - Titles

Nar Shaddaa - Gen'Dai - Species

Nar Shaddaa - Gundark - Bestiary

Nar Shaddaa - Slave Trading on Nar Shaddaa - Lore

UPDATE: This entry now findable in Shadow Town at 2458, 3159, -1552 (in the middle of a pile of junk next to a wall)

Tatooine - Sand Demon - Bestiary

(UPDATE: As of 3/3/2012, I can confirm this entry IS obtainable by joining a Jedi Knight on the appropriate class quest, titled "Into the Sand Demon's Lair")

Tatooine - SIS Operative - Titles

Tatooine - History of Tatooine - Lore

Tatooine - Sand Rot - Lore (Jedi Consular only)

Alderaan - Killik - Species

UPDATE: As of 7/10/2013, this entry is now obtainable. Kill a Killik (love the alliteration).

Alderaan - Paladin of House Organa - Titles

UPDATE: As of 7/10/2013 (actually sometime before this date), this title is now obtainable, both the on-toon title, and the codex entry.

Alderaan - The Elysium - Locations

UPDATE: As of 7/10/2013, this entry has been removed for Republic players.

Alderaan - Bouris Ulgo - Persons of Note

UPDATE: As of 7/23/2013, this entry is obtainable, and has been granted retroactively.

Balmorra - Hero of Gorinth Canyon - Titles

UPDATE: No longer bugged, complete Heroic 4 The Mandalorian Terror for Codex entry.

Balmorra - ?????? - Lore

(NOTE: I have found all the Lore items listed on swtor-spy.com (which number 6), but my in-game codex still shows I am missing one (6/7). Anyone know about this one?

UPDATE: There are now only 6 Lore entries for Balmorra

Quesh - Galactic History 61: The Brotherhood is Broken - Datacrons

Quesh - Galactic History 62: The Great Sith War Ends - Datacrons

(NOTE: These two are linked to datacrons now found on Corellia)

Quesh - The Three Families - Lore

Quesh - Venom Drinker - Titles

(NOTE: this title has been removed from the game per BW, yet the codex entry has not been deleted, resulting in an unobtainable entry)

Hoth - Ice Wars Veteran - Titles

Hoth - Caught Between Two Foes - Lore

UPDATE: As of 7/10/2013, this entry is now obtainable. It is found at -1216, -196 in Highmount Ridge.

Hoth - The White Maw Pirates - Organizations

Hoth - The Chiss Ascendancy - Organizations

Hoth - Chiss - Species

Hoth - Ortolan - Species

Hoth - Talz - Species

Belsavis - Master of the Burning Way - Titles

Belsavis - HK-51 - Persons of Note

UPDATE: As of 7/23/2013, this entry is now obtainable, and has been granted retroactively.

Voss - Ambassador of the Republic - Titles

Voss - Gormak - Species

Voss - Jokull - Persons of Note

UPDATE: This entry is no longer bugged - see post later in this thread.

Voss - Voss - Species

Corellia - Liberator of Corellia - Titles

Corellia - The First Son - Persons of Note (Jedi Consular only)

Corellia - Drall - Species

Corellia - Selonian - Species

Corellia - The Outer Rim Jedi Forces - Organizations (bugged for Jedi Knight)

Ilum - Kath Hound - Bestiary

Ilum - Asharl Panther - Bestiary

Ilum - Bogwing - Bestiary

Ilum - Master Jaeric Kaedan - Persons of Note

UPDATE: As of 7/10/2013, this entry has been removed for Republic Players.

I found a missing codex on Republic sde. I am missing the entry for 06 and 07. My Smuggler has actually completed all the datacrons on Coruaxant. . Another problem showed up earlier. My Smuggler had a cargo hold but no ship. It seems all my toons have been rolled back to an earlier advancement.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Fellow Codex Hunters.

I wanted to clarify the two recent updates which were made with the Patch 2.8.2 on 7/27/2014.

Gen’Dai. This is a species codex found on Belsavis in the High Security Section, near Meltwater Outpost. It is available to both factions. You must defeat a Gen’Dai Warlord (not one of the infected Gen’Dai). Coordinate x-1121,1497.

Sullustan. This is a species code found for all Republic players on Coruscant, in the little cantina in the Senate Commercial District. There is a datapad on the table in the cantina @ -1228,-4450.

Good Hunting!!

So my question is will the developers now be fixing these bugged and or missing codex listings? I sure hope so before they do any more new content for the game.

Yes !!! Incredibly, after such a long and frustrating wait, the devs are *definitely* moving through Codex bugs as they can. There isn't a fix in every single patch to the game, but pretty much every other patch.

Recently, Tait Watson also said in an interview that Codex entries were tops on his list of bothersome bugs, and he mentions it to the devs when he is able.

This has been a great thing to see happening in the game, and thanks to Tait and all the devs for continuing to work on this problem.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello fellow codex hunters.

With the release of patch 2.9, we have some new codices to gather. This release features the new planet Manaan. And with it comes 4 new codices.

Manaan is a level 55 planet, but the first couple of the codex don’t require any fighting.

Species: Selkath. You get this by just traveling around on the ‘landing zone’. For republic 80,-27 and for empire 1391,-23. Note: Selkath was already associated as a species codex for the empire on Dromund Kaas. But I had not found it there.

Locations: Mercantile Plaza of Manaan. Again, ride your mount in the concourse near republic -109,134 or for empire 1196,132.

The other two new codex are LORE. But I have no information on them yet.

Another new LORE codex is that of "GSI Satellite Support", which you can get on the planet of Makeb. Access one of the various terminals located on each of the maps and you will get the LORE and the buff.

Good Hunting!

Edited by GasGuy
update of information

Hello fellow codex hunters.

Running the Flashpoint "Depths of Manaan" will gain you three "Persons of Note" codices.

REPUBLIC:

In the Flooded Labs area, you get Dark Partnership.

In the Secure Zone area, you get Jakarro

Completing the FP and going to the last area before exiting (Transport Station on republic side), grants An Unexpected Ally.

EMPIRE:

Flood labs area.... you get "The Rogue Lord's Accomplice"

Secure Zone area... you get same as Republic... "Jakarro

End of FP in the transport station... you get "The Unknown Asset"

Total game Codex is now listed at 990.

You can get a LORE for the codex "Kolto", if you kick/break one of the kolto barrels that are scattered through-out the flashpoint.

And thank you to NordicusMaximus, who correctly notes below, that the other LORE object is a simple plaque on a stand by the water fountain on the concourse. This will gain you the LORE for Ahto City. The republic coordinate is -224,135, and the empire is 1085,135.

....GasGuy.

Edited by GasGuy
update content #2

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Codex Hunters! A few fixes to the Codex today in patch 2.10

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/992014/game-update-2.10-forged-alliances-patch-notes

Satele Shan is listed as fixed for Smugs and Troopers, but she was always bugged on my Knight and Consular too, so I'm not sure if she's fixed for them, and if not - why not?

Tait Watson could you check on Satele Shan for Consular and Trooper please?

Looking for a list of the codices?

Take a gander at the new August update of my excel spreadsheet for tracking all the known codex items listed. The wonderful folks over at Ootinicast.com have a link on their main page which allows you to download the master sheet. It's updated with the codices listed through patch 2.9.

Keep on hunting!

Gasguy.

Codex Hunters

Rejoice!! Updates & Fixes & new finds from Patch 2.10

The link provided by Freek_ish in his post of 9/9/2014 gives you the text from the patch notes. But I wanted to provide a bit more detail.

The patch notes reference fix/revisions to 4 existing codices, and alludes to the creation of 2 new ones. What is not mentioned is there are 4 new ones from the new Rakata Prime flashpoint, and a fix to a long time bugged codex on Voss. That’s 11 items.

Total game codex count reported in the game is 1003.

1 Codex: Tomb Raiders

Type: Organizations

Faction: Empire

Planet: Korriban

Obtain by: Taking elevator to 4th floor

Comment: Patch notes now say this is obtainable by Agents and Bounty Hunters. I have it for my Warrior, so I’m assuming this is for all classes.

2 Codex: Satele Shan

Type: Person

Faction: Republic

Planet: Tython

Obtain by:

Comment: Fixed in patch for Troopers & Smugglers. Should be good for all classes.

3 Codex: Twi’lek Pilgrims

Type: Organizations

Obtain by: Quest titled The Thousand Steps

Comment: Fixed in patch to not be for Troopers & Smugglers. Only Knight/Consular.

But note, if you group for the quest with someone of knight/consular class you can obtain for Trooper/Smuggler. This trick works to obtain cross-class codices.

4 Codex: Flesh Raiders

Type: Species

Obtain by: Kill a shaman raider, SE area

Comment: Fixed in patch for Troopers & Smugglers. Should be good for all classes.

5 Codex: Valken Spacedock

Type: unknown… presumed Location

Faction: Empire

Planet: n/a Fleet

Obtain by: unknown

Comment: NEW in patch 2.10. How do we get this…???

6 Codex: Carrick Station

Type: unknown… presumed Location

Planet: n/a Fleet

Obtain by: unknown

Comment: NEW in patch 2.10. How do we get this…???

7 Codex: Temple of the Ancients

Type: Location

Faction: Both

Planet: Rakata Prime (fleet)

Obtain by: Enter the temple

Comment: New in Patch 2.10. Run the Rakata Prime tactical flashpoint.

8 Codex: Infinite Army

Type: Organization

Obtain by: Defeat Commander Rand

9 Codex: Rakata Tribes

Type: Organization

Obtain by: Defeat war chief Rehkta

10 Codex: Master of the Revanites

Type: Person

Obtain by: complete the Flashpoint

11 Codex: Voss

Type: Species

Faction: One for each

Planet: Voss

Obtain by: Crate on ground

Comment: Fixed bugged codex.

Good luck with finding them all!!

On the "Garrick Station / Vaiken Spacedock" , I found a plaque as you enter the center bar area for the Republic station. I would assume they fixed the Imp side same way. Here are some of my notes as I review my older toons

Alderran : go get the Hound bestiary and the species Krillick

® Corruscant : get Sullustan species on cantina under the senate plaza, Advoze @ Galactic Market

® Tython : get Satele (plaque second floor) and Flesh Raider

Belsavis : There are two species entries now near the first part of bonus. Also Bogwing (old, but easy to forget)

Nar-Shadaa : species behind vendor on lower promenade

Manaan : land, go left until species comes on, then drive down towards vendor, a location will click on the other side of tunnel and get plaque at the large fountain at the end

Voss : They added Voss species near both Imp and Rep sides, container ont he floor as you drive. Added Gormak just south of the Cannon (tree branch)

Hoth : Chiss species is inside Imp base. I managed to stealth and "healer" to it, but other classes might have difficulties. 3 55s on top of elevator, 3 more at bottom. :-O

Get Ortolan and Talz in area just north of the frozen datacron

Get CHiss Ascendancy by the deserter body (quest for Rep)

Get Pirates just right of the road, middles of Graveyard

Get species Devaronian at the entrance to the break onto the spear, Just north of middle of graveyard

This is just a compilation of the many fixed in recent releases that I had failed to pick up with older toons. I update some info in swtor-spy, they seem to have most of these documented with location.