I Need Opinions on Xalek

NabooJedi

Okay, so I am on Hoth with my Assassin, and I am nearing getting Talos, but I was wondering, after Voss, you get Xalek... I can turn him into a DPS Comp, but a lot of people say he sucks as a DPS and as a Tank. I'd like some feedback, please.

My Inquisitor is a sorc healer. I used Khem until I got Xalek and have used Xalek since as a tank. I found him to be decent as a tank and prefer him to Khem. I can't comment on Xalek as DPS, but I can say that on my Juggernaut Boonmark as DPS sucked and I imagine it's much the same here.

I like him. Decked him out in artifact and used him all the way to 50 and still use him. Only thing I don't like is his hood which doesn't change with gear but can be removed with customizations off Illum station.

As a Sorc, he's an alternative to using Khem (Whether I'm in heal or DPS spec, I find a tank companion way better than a DPS as a Sorcerer...). Since you're an Assassin, both tanks will be fairly useless. Your best bet will be Talos. Edited by Galbatorrix

Nothing and I mean nothing beats Khems trade marked ****** slap. Having said that, I am a dps sorc. I used to just bubble ashara and send her in first. But since I got xalek I pretty much use him exclusively. He makes an excellent tank. Comes with shytte gear but what comp doesn't. Spend your extra comms on gear for him. You won't be disappointed. He makes the section x / black hole dailies a breeze. If anyone tries to tell you that xalek sucks its prolly cuz A: they did not take the time to gear him or B: they just don't know what tanking actually means. I love ashara as a comp. Prolly my fav comp in the game. Its just that xalek makes a sorc's life so much easier. And he likes to kill things. Im pretty sure anything he looks at he wants to at least cut parts of it off with his saber. Xalek FTW !!

Xalek is a complete and utter waste of space. I wish I could of chosen a different apprentice then that stupid dood. He can't tank to save his life let alone mine, he can't dps to kill a squirrel. His story is also a waste of credits. It is like Bioware didn't know how to fit in a last companion into the Inquisitor story so they just pulled Xalek out of a dumpster.

I was so excited when I got him and now I'm pissed I got him. I would of rather had a companion who can range tank like every other class gets. Inquisitors are the only people who don't get a ranged tank companion ***... two melee tanks?! and they both suck ***!?

Nothing and I mean nothing beats Khems trade marked ****** slap. Having said that, I am a dps sorc. I used to just bubble ashara and send her in first. But since I got xalek I pretty much use him exclusively. He makes an excellent tank. Comes with shytte gear but what comp doesn't. Spend your extra comms on gear for him. You won't be disappointed. He makes the section x / black hole dailies a breeze. If anyone tries to tell you that xalek sucks its prolly cuz A: they did not take the time to gear him or B: they just don't know what tanking actually means. I love ashara as a comp. Prolly my fav comp in the game. Its just that xalek makes a sorc's life so much easier. And he likes to kill things. Im pretty sure anything he looks at he wants to at least cut parts of it off with his saber. Xalek FTW !!

A well geared Khem will beat a well geared Xalek in 99.99% of situations. Period.

A well geared Khem will beat a well geared Xalek in 99.99% of situations. Period.

that's nice dear. But Khem's throat cancer voice is just to much to handle. Do you really want to listen to garbally **** for forty some odd levels plus 3 to 4 months of dailies? English beats garbally **** %99.99 of the time. Period.

however.... Nothing and I mean nothing is more bad azz than khems back handed beyotch slap.