PvP Server Records 2.0

Grexys

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never thought total kills should count for healers. Seems odd to me.

I think you are right, except what she listed is solo kills. Which, in some ways, is even more impressive that she managed ten of them as a healer. (even though no match I've ever played or heard of playing was won by solo kills. Let alone that many.)

Why not? Healers contribute to kills all the time.

Because they get credit for the kill without ever touching someone. As long as they heal someone that doesn't leave combat between the heal and the kill the healer gets credit. Every game the healer should probably have the most kills. I just think it's more impressive when a dps can top kills and more representative of the actual kill.

Because they get credit for the kill without ever touching someone. As long as they heal someone that doesn't leave combat between the heal and the kill the healer gets credit. Every game the healer should probably have the most kills. I just think it's more impressive when a dps can top kills and more representative of the actual kill.

I'd argue some of those kills from dps couldn't happen without the aid of healers. Saying healers should get credit for kills is negating that AND that a some healers (especially sorc/sage) actually DO damage to folks during matches.

1) Zejim

2) Buffed Fully

3) Operative

4) Civil War

5) Overall Heals 2,401,818

6) http://postimg.org/image/5us1fkgal/

Not sure what the restrictions are for medals, and things of that nature, but as a healer controlling mid the whole match in a civil war, that seems pretty tough. I hope this makes it on the boards. Cheers all :D

At first I was like, "Lol, Buffed Fully", but then I saw the record. :eek:

Solid work, respect points for you, dude. :D

Y'all realize this isn't being updated anymore, right?

That's sorta why I haven't gone and made a new one yet. The only people who gave feedback about a new one were the same people who expressed opinions of either flat out not wanting one, or were indifferent.

If the people who want a new one are this uh... uncaring? I'm not sure I want to spend the time to make it. It's supposed to be a community thing. Not a "Mwahaha, I smashed all yer faces! Suck it!" thing. :/

That's sorta why I haven't gone and made a new one yet. The only people who gave feedback about a new one were the same people who expressed opinions of either flat out not wanting one, or were indifferent.

If the people who want a new one are this uh... uncaring? I'm not sure I want to spend the time to make it. It's supposed to be a community thing. Not a "Mwahaha, I smashed all yer faces! Suck it!" thing. :/

I would LOVE to have a new one, It seems to me that alot of the current records are set up in ranked matches, which isn't very respectable imo. I dont think there should be restrictions on whatever numbers you get though, I feel like the records are there to see who got the highest numbers, so winning or getting medals shouldn't really be apart of it.

As for making an entirely NEW thread, i dont think that's necessary, just editing and cleaning this one up a bit would suffice :) Cheers!

I would LOVE to have a new one, It seems to me that alot of the current records are set up in ranked matches, which isn't very respectable imo. I dont think there should be restrictions on whatever numbers you get though, I feel like the records are there to see who got the highest numbers, so winning or getting medals shouldn't really be apart of it.

As for making an entirely NEW thread, i dont think that's necessary, just editing and cleaning this one up a bit would suffice :) Cheers!

AFAIK, most of the current records were not done in ranked matches. And even if they were, how would that not be respectable? It would be indicative of extremely close matches, which is to be applauded.

A new one would have (relatively lenient) restrictions to prevent the glorifying of players who do nothing but deathmatch. It is not that hard to win and get 7 medals, or get 4500 objective points. And for those that don't make the cut (impressive numbers that meet the requirements except for the win, for example) would probably be mentioned in an Honorable Mentions category, as I previously outlined.

If you're here just to get the highest number regardless of anything else, you're barking up the wrong tree. Transfer to Pot5 or wait for 2.4 when frackin' Arenas get thrown into the pool. Do your deathmatching there. A new Leaderboard run by myself would not be strictly best numbers for numbers' sake. Sorry. :/

And finally. We can't use this thread, because if you haven't noticed yet, Baarf, the original poster of this thread, no longer plays on this server, and as a result, does not keep it up. There is no point to posting records to this thread anymore because they won't be added. Hence why, a while back in this thread, I offered to start the new one.

And subsequently received very, very little feedback.

C'est la vie, I suppose.

AFAIK, most of the current records were not done in ranked matches. And even if they were, how would that not be respectable? It would be indicative of extremely close matches, which is to be applauded.

No no, many of these scores in ranked matches would be very impressive. There are just a few that I have seen, that are clearly set-up. (you can tell from the chat window, people asking who needs to cap nodes etc.) So I felt that those records should be removed.

No no, many of these scores in ranked matches would be very impressive. There are just a few that I have seen, that are clearly set-up. (you can tell from the chat window, people asking who needs to cap nodes etc.) So I felt that those records should be removed.

If you're referring to the couple of screenshots that have A) trash talking (not an indication of setup) or B) the one with Glasse giving general combat advice (again, not an indication of any sort of setup, judging by his 'meh, gg' at the end), then perhaps you should read a little closer.

All the others are clean. And results of the perfect storm nature of having too many healers or just enough heals that very few die. That's not 'set-up.' Unless you want to count that many of those records were done when those 16-24 players were the only ones queueing in the early morning. Plenty of time to practice their strategies to stalemates against the same players that way.

If you're referring to the couple of screenshots that have A) trash talking (not an indication of setup) or B) the one with Glasse giving general combat advice (again, not an indication of any sort of setup, judging by his 'meh, gg' at the end), then perhaps you should read a little closer.

All the others are clean. And results of the perfect storm nature of having too many healers or just enough heals that very few die. That's not 'set-up.' Unless you want to count that many of those records were done when those 16-24 players were the only ones queueing in the early morning. Plenty of time to practice their strategies to stalemates against the same players that way.

No, the one I specifically had in mind was Tor's Overall healing record. Take a look at the chat window in that one. I could be wrong, but that looks a little sketchy to me.

No, the one I specifically had in mind was Tor's Overall healing record. Take a look at the chat window in that one. I could be wrong, but that looks a little sketchy to me.

He was probably referring to the fact that they won with less kills than the empire team.

It doesn't look even remotely sketchy to me. Akeba was certainly lulzing about how his team won with faaaaar more deaths, and even then only because they took a side turret 20 points earlier that the Imperials at the start of the match.

And if you require further anecdotal evidence, I can oblige. There's only 3 people in that match who came from one of 'The Big 3'. Aunty-matter, Sno, and Tor, who in that screenshot is actually a member of the Dark Empire, then a sort of new/split off guild. Most of the rest of the roster looks pretty well pure PuGed.

I myself only recognize Ro'ken, Jenai, Kgb, Vol'd'emort, and Akeba outside of Aunty, Sno, and Tor. That's 8 players I recognize. Out of 16. That's 5 Imperials, and 3 Pubs.

Do you have any idea how hard it would be to set up a healing record match with 8 pugs, 5 of which are on the other team as you? Let alone the fact that probably everyone was solo or duo queuing?

>_>