Sith players: If Star Wars was real would you really join the Sith?

ClayPeopleCry

Is this a joke? Do you realize your existence is linear and whatever comes after is inconsequential?

With that in mind, have you tried playing a Jedi Knight? The bubble-gum chewing blind and all-too child like motives and responses make me sick. What are you affecting by being a Jedi? Your immediate future?

My favorite response was the one who said that they wouldn't want to be because they looked diseased. WHAT? lol...

There's a lot more to life than following a blind cult with some bizarre views on how you should behave. Deny emotion? Not going to happen. Because, I happen to be Human.

Yes, I would be a Sith. No question about it. :d_evil:

Edited by Kommodore

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this a joke? Do you realize your existence is linear and whatever comes after is inconsequential?

With that in mind, have you tried playing a Jedi Knight? The bubble-gum chewing blind and all-too child like motives and responses make me sick. What are you affecting by being a Jedi? Your immediate future?

My favorite response was the one who said that they wouldn't want to be because they looked diseased. WHAT? lol...

There's a lot more to life than following a blind cult with some bizarre views on how you should behave. Deny emotion? Not going to happen. Because, I happen to be Human.

Yes, I would be a Sith. No question about it. :d_evil:

I strongly disagree with what you said here about jedi but I won't go into detail why. What are you affecting by being a Sith but your immediate future?

In reality? I'd probably stay neutral or join the Republic. In the game? Sith all the way, so much more fun to be evil in a fantasy/sci-fi setting. I am not, nor would I choose to be, evil in real life. So I choose to be evil in a game to let that side "out to play" so to speak.

That being said, would also depend on where I was born. North Koreans didn't choose to be North Koreans, they were born there. And they are not bad people, just their government is. Germans were not bad people in WW2, the Nazi party was. If you lived in Germany, you had to go along with it or face the consequences (likely death). So if I was born on Korriban I'd probably be Sith. What choice would I have unless I'd rather die?

Edited by winterforge

Would anyone really join the Sith? If you think about it. The way their government works isn't that much different from North Korea or Nazi Germany, and their religious values closely resemble a stereotypical form of Satanism.

ROFLx 99999999

so if sith are nazi`s what are the jews in star wars?

Edited by ageofconan

Would anyone really join the Sith? If you think about it. The way their government works isn't that much different from North Korea or Nazi Germany, and their religious values closely resemble a stereotypical form of Satanism.

my characters aren't me, no I wouldn;t join the sith, but that doesn;t mean I don't enjoy playing sith side. I find your quiet accusation that anyone who plays sith must be a facist somewhat insulting

Honestly said if I really examined my personality...

If born in to the jedi I would start with great intentions and I believe in helping out the little guy and communal sense of respect and obligation. I'm a great person to be around with humor and social ease being my best armaments over my lightsaber and am able to quell silly arguments with basic logic from a stand point between two people that they couldn't see until I pointed it out. Having force powers would only amplify this as I could easily mind trick weaker willed folks in to simply not being so silly over something so mundane as the colour of their speeder and would have the training to remain calm when things aren't going my way or the way that things were planned.

On the flip side of that coin, I have a very strong personality and a very volatile temper when the right fuse is lit. Prone to frustration when things seem to be conspiring against me to make my day more difficult, this would pave the way to being a sith with my good intentions mixed with my burning anger for other things like the way the government is run where I'm from or how certain parties take advantage of social assistance and stuff like that.

In the end I think it would be a battle of light and dark for me and which side would win, I dunno, depends entirely on my friends I suppose.

Our current, real-life republic is an utter failure. I'm already a monarchist IRL, and would certainly support overthrowing the congress and starting from scratch.

Yes, I would be a Sith. America -- the American myth -- is over.

You could move to England. They have a monarchy. We gave their monarch the finger 235 years ago, but you can go back.

In reality? I'd probably stay neutral or join the Republic. In the game? Sith all the way, so much more fun to be evil in a fantasy/sci-fi setting. I am not, nor would I choose to be, evil in real life. So I choose to be evil in a game to let that side "out to play" so to speak.

That being said, would also depend on where I was born. North Koreans didn't choose to be North Koreans, they were born there. And they are not bad people, just their government is. Germans were not bad people in WW2, the Nazi party was. If you lived in Germany, you had to go along with it or face the consequences (likely death). So if I was born on Korriban I'd probably be Sith. What choice would I have unless I'd rather die?

I've played Empire side in TOR, and the devs don't get it. The Empire in TOR is a laugh. 'Evil' people do not think they are evil. Neither Hitler nor Stalin thought they were evil, they thought they were right and just.

I went to one of the major service academies. When I was there They basically taught and most believe there will always be bad guys and a need for some war (which is not really true).

There willl always be war as long as Humans Dominate the planet. Its unfortunate.

ya the evil republicans you know the guys who think people should work for a living and earn what they got instead of relying on the GOV to supply stuff for them. your also talking about the people who give THERE OWN money personaly to charitys while the pther party likes to STEAL every last cent they can from people so they can give it to members of there own party to vote for them

so one party in America makes most of the money while one Steals most of the money i wonder wich is the evil party???????

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Edited by Malchiro

Not only would I not join the Sith, I would not want to bump into my own character in a dark alley. Hot as she is, she is EVIL. No Light Side points at all.

Seriously, I'm a bit disturbed by her.

The SW Universe is really created with such extremes of "good and evil" that it can't translate to real life (human nature won't allow it, because I think we'd all agree we're a bit of that loverly shade of grey)

BUT, I'll play the game :). Yes I would probably be Sith. I live in the UK right now, so clearly that would be a Sith governed country. I find with the Sith, if you're in the heart of them your best bet is to either

Become Sith, and go with the system.

or

Not all of the Sith are flat out monsters, so I could probably exist with them just fine :). Certainly have a more optimistic future then trying to be a part of some Republic underground movement.