Collectors edition vendor

belizar

Well, that quote is fine and dandy IF nothing was being updated. Unfortunately that isn't the case. They have demonstrated that they can update the game with new items regularly. Not surprisingly, they have chosen to update only the part of the game that creates continuous new revenue for them. Under the consumer protection act, that is not ok. If regular updates are possible for the CE vendor, but they have chosen to re-route those items to something that can create revenue for them instead, while leaving the CE vendor bare? That is a violation, A big one! And no "Terms and conditions subject to change without notice" is permitted to be applied. It's a loophole that only works if they demonstrate they cannot update the game with new items regularly. The problem is, they've already shown us it can be. But they've chosen to ignore the CE vendor all this time until further notice. Revisiting the secondary vendors at some point down the road?? (speaking about the CE vendor) Uh no. It's a primary as far as our consumer rights are concerned. And rights don't care about your new revenue if you don't update the CE vendor. Capiche Bioware? That is not a good enough reason by a long shot, to convince the authorities they have not violated the agreement after we purchased the Collectors Edition. Even using the quote on their side as a defense.

While I agree with you in premis, I have to disagree on scope.

I just don't think it's that big a deal and I don't think they've broken the law here. They've certainly broken our trust, but I believe you'd find it hard to build a case for it in any court. If you can, by all means, please do. I'd like nothing better than to see some new vendor goods and perhaps be reimbursed for part of my CE expense. I just think there are more pressing matters for them to attend to what with almost failing completely. And while it does seem to be a disservice to CE buyers to have all these cartel reskins and the like, I'd still rather see new and quality items in my exclusive vendor than phased out cartel goods. Which means I'd want to expect some fairly bada** sh*t once (if) things are added. But again, something is always better than nothing.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They might be able to get away with it and some might feel what they did with the CE is minor but I shall never forget what happened.

Also another thing that was mentioned in this thread was the fact that the CE box was supposed to be a limited quantity edition. Sure enough a couple months in they started printing extra boxes at a fraction of the price, that was a major burn right there. Because of that I will never buy any special bullcrap edition for any game anymore in the future period.

Isn't the "terms and conditions..." bit related to the license of use, not actual content promised on the box?

Yes, however the license of use applies to everything within the game, including the extras from the CE vendor.

One of the posters above looks like they're looking into the false advertising angle and I wish him luck in his endevors. I think he'll hit this legal loophole or something similar, but I really hope he doesn't. It appears EAWare is only motivated to do something quickly when there's a direct impact on their cash flow, as can be seen by the speed of the f2p conversion and the number of cartel store updates.

Edited by althene

They might be able to get away with it and some might feel what they did with the CE is minor but I shall never forget what happened.

Also another thing that was mentioned in this thread was the fact that the CE box was supposed to be a limited quantity edition. Sure enough a couple months in they started printing extra boxes at a fraction of the price, that was a major burn right there. Because of that I will never buy any special bullcrap edition for any game anymore in the future period.

Which is total BS, and at discount... **** EA :mad:

I'd certainly like what we were promised and paid extra money into, for what we were told would be regular content updates to the CE vendors. It's a pretty rude/uncaring move to do this, with no responses, for near a year now, to those paying customers who were willing to pay out more to get access to all the content it started with, as well as the future promised updates.

Sadly the one person from Bioware who did say something in this thread isn't at Bioware anymore (or at least from what I can remember). Also I don't think anybody else is going to comment due to the fact they don't know how to politely say. "The Cartel market makes us money, the CE vendor does not. We are not going to divert resources to something that does not make us money."

Sad really cause I really liked the concept of the CE vendor.

I know what would make us all shut up... A CE only chest piece dye kit, a non-modable to modable armor convertor, An armor weight changer, and a class-restriction remover. Give us those four items on the vendor and no where else, and we could shut this thread down for good.

Devs we want our extra CE vendor stuff. AND NO BLACK GARBAGE TRUCK MOUNTS. That mount is so ugly

Truck mount comes from the VIP vendor everyone has access to.

BTW check out this thread.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=549418

Bioware is stashing away our ce vendor outfits, i am so sure of it. Too lazy to make them available?

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

I know what would make us all shut up... A CE only chest piece dye kit, a non-modable to modable armor convertor, An armor weight changer, and a class-restriction remover. Give us those four items on the vendor and no where else, and we could shut this thread down for good.

I'd pretty much be happy with the dye kit.

+1

Really good idea. I would **** if the CE Vendor would get this.

I would love a dye kit

Truck mount comes from the VIP vendor everyone has access to.

BTW check out this thread.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=549418

Bioware is stashing away our ce vendor outfits, i am so sure of it. Too lazy to make them available?

What may have been CE stuff is now CM ****... -____-

However I really wish they would use some of those and UPDATE THEN CE VENDOR!

Also they should revamp the entire VIP area...