You Can't Change Your Advanced Class!?!?!

HossDelgado

Im pretty sure i had one character in FFXI and 16 level 90 jobs....

True, but you have to start from scratch for each class, just like re-rolling. Also, FFXI has one free character slot, you have to pay for the rest.

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
The only problem I have with the current system is that there should be an epic quest chain to acquire your choice, rather than BOOM you're done.

...like- "To be come a sorcerer, head to the shrine of bullpiss on planet whatchamapiss, and get the ancient piss tablet of the sith. Use the tablet at the alter of urine to channel the wisdom of the ancestral sith sorcerers. "

or something like that^ with an epic cutscene

I would roll a Sorcerer just to play through that quest line.

I've been playing the Imperial Agent for a few days now. At level 10, after much consideration, I decided to go operative over sniper because it seemed like a cool class that snuck around and then stabbed people. However, after awhile I decided that operative was much too slow and had pitiful damage output, so I just thought to myself "well I tried out operative and didn't like it, I should probably go sniper". That's when I found out that YOU CAN NEVER CHANGE YOUR ADVANCED CLASS. Why wouldn't Bioware let players change their advanced class. At this point I was level 18 and if I wanted to go sniper I would have to repeat about 3 days of work. I have loved this game so far, but this is the first major issue that I have run into. I hate myself for saying this, but WoW did it better.

3 days of work to level 18? Wow maybe you should DO IT AGAIN so you can learn to play a litttle bit better. i can get to level 18 in like 3 hours of work.....

3 days of work to level 18? Wow maybe you should DO IT AGAIN so you can learn to play a litttle bit better. i can get to level 18 in like 3 hours of work.....

So if you played 30 minutes a day it would take you 6 days?

actually you can change your class in DCUO :)

to be clear - you dont have classes there just powers but this is a class (another role: healer, controller, tank, dps) and you can change it by the DCUO cartel coins :) (it has another name there but i dont remember).

You just need new items becase you cannot wear tank items when you are a healer etc. So i think it could be done in SW TOR to change advanced class - you just will need new items for this class :p

I've been playing the Imperial Agent for a few days now. At level 10, after much consideration, I decided to go operative over sniper because it seemed like a cool class that snuck around and then stabbed people. However, after awhile I decided that operative was much too slow and had pitiful damage output, so I just thought to myself "well I tried out operative and didn't like it, I should probably go sniper". That's when I found out that YOU CAN NEVER CHANGE YOUR ADVANCED CLASS. Why wouldn't Bioware let players change their advanced class. At this point I was level 18 and if I wanted to go sniper I would have to repeat about 3 days of work. I have loved this game so far, but this is the first major issue that I have run into. I hate myself for saying this, but WoW did it better.

Don't just click things.

READ

• 5 months later...
I love everything about this game so far except that "You Can't Change Your Advance Class". At level 10 you don't really have the full experience yet. In spite of this you are expected to make an informed decision on something of such major importance. At level 10 you don't really comprehend just how important this decision is until you make the wrong choice and there is no way to fix it; unless you start all over again.

• 2 weeks later...
However, after awhile I decided that operative was much too slow and had pitiful damage output

Apparently you're not one of those people that researches things before making decisions.

That's when I found out that YOU CAN NEVER CHANGE YOUR ADVANCED CLASS.

Apparently you're not one of those people that doesn't read before making decisions because the AC trainer popup TELLS YOU that you cannot change your AC.

I hate myself for saying this, but WoW did it better.

You cannot change your AC, in part, because you need to learn how to actually play your class. When you get to 55 and ask 'derp, I didn't know I had X ability, what does it do?' many people wish to become violent. Just because WoW does it, and just because you like to take the easy route, doesn't make it a good idea.

Leveling from 1-10 takes 3 hours. Reroll.

I love everything about this game so far except that "You Can't Change Your Advance Class". At level 10 you don't really have the full experience yet. In spite of this you are expected to make an informed decision on something of such major importance. At level 10 you don't really comprehend just how important this decision is until you make the wrong choice and there is no way to fix it; unless you start all over again.

Forums. Friends. These things tell you what you need to know to make a decision.

On top of that, this is a game, not life. Unlike life, you CAN reroll.

Ac is your class.

You NEVER EVER IN ANY MMO can change from Mage to Rogue.

Deal with it.

Bioware told you 10 times over (I just put a char above ten yesterday) that AC is permanent and CAN'T BE CHANGED.

Roll a new char, it takes about 5 or 6 hours. Less if you skip the conversations you already know now.

You're obviously too young to remember SW:G :)

just loled on 3 days of work.... it take 3 hours or so to lvl 18 max.

quickest fast to lvl up in pve is 7 days from 1 to lvl 55

i leveled all my toons strictly in pvp, it takes forever, still 2.5 - 3 weeks to lvl 55, not so much if you take in concern you play the game 2 years ...

this thread is for lazy ppl ...

just loled on 3 days of work.... it take 3 hours or so to lvl 18 max.

quickest fast to lvl up in pve is 7 days from 1 to lvl 55

i leveled all my toons strictly in pvp, it takes forever, still 2.5 - 3 weeks to lvl 55, not so much if you take in concern you play the game 2 years ...

this thread is for lazy ppl ...

this thread is for people that have life and dont wanna waste another 3 weeks for boring lvling up again and want to have fun in what are they doing :)

this thread is for people that have life and dont wanna waste another 3 weeks for boring lvling up again and want to have fun in what are they doing :)

This thread is for people who don't pay attention to the prompt that says, "This choice is permanent, once made you cannot change it."

Like it's been said by dozens of posters, games don't let you change from being a mage to a warrior, a rogue to a priest, or in this case an operative to a sniper.

This thread is for people who don't pay attention to the prompt that says, "This choice is permanent, once made you cannot change it."

Like it's been said by dozens of posters, games don't let you change from being a mage to a warrior, a rogue to a priest, or in this case an operative to a sniper.

To be fair, it's not that drastic a choice and there have been games that allow that much of a choice. I don't have a dog in this hunt, I have all 16 ACs finished, but I have never understood why people care what others do with their characters. Yes, you are correct, the game makes it VERY OBVIOUS that the choice of an AC is permanent.

But IMO, it is always a mistake to ask players to make serious meaningful choices like this with inadequate information. Every MMO I've ever played asks this of players somewhere along the way and devs are always surprised when people ask to change it.

I would like it if AC was chosen very early and players should be able to use the basic abilities of the class by the time they leave the starter planets. That way they can determine what they really want to do. Operatives and Sages for example, play significantly differently after picking their AC than before. It's a jarring change for a new player who doesn't really get why his long range class is suddenly doing most of its work from 10 meters or the Jedi who stops developing her lightsaber abilities in favor of being a mage.

• 2 months later...

Um.. Actually yes WoW lets you change your Class entirely these days. In fact you can have Dual Classes, and Dual specs on each (if I remember right).

So Yea I see no reason why you should not be able to change your AC or be able to pic both and have a main and an Off Class. (As long as you remain the same "Main" class. Like (Operative or Warrior etc).

I made a Councilor, Chose shadow got to level 12, Hated it, Already made friends had a freinds list etc. Really don't feel like re rolling and loosing all of that. (I like my name too).

So, pardon my french but not being able to change your AC is well... ********. And it's one of the major reasons Swtor has lost so many players. No one wants to reroll after they've made friends leveled, and want to keep the same name. No one wants to regrind 4-5 days of work.

the fact that Bioware Forces you too is exactly that, ********. And a TON of people have left the game simply because of that fact.

A description telling you about an Advanced class is not the same as playing it, and you will never know if you like an AC until you play it. Trust me on this, I've been playing since beta.

So it is simply asinine for Bio-ware to impose a rule that says you can NEVER change your AC. We told BO this in Alpha, we told BO this is Beta, and we to this day are still screaming at Bioware to allow you to change your AC. Your not changing from a Consoleer to a trooper, Your changing from a Con AC to a CON AC. (Or whatever). It's a simple matter of refunding your spec points and switching your AC. It's not difficult and it interferes with nothing game wise.

Edited by Darth-Malkaevian