The plot of Bioware/EA.

Derity

I have to give a round of applause to EA/BioWare for probably one of the most intellectual and well thought out marketing schemes we have seen in recent MMO History.

I don't know if any of you can see it, but here is what I see.

Every player that has access to the game, are happy - their posts on this forum reflect this. On the other hand, most players who have not been granted access are on the complete opposite side of the boat. Infuriated.

What you infuriated players do not realise though, is how many extra months of subscription this is going to be urging you into paying. Basking in the ambience of your own rage, you are blind to the fact that this "lengthy wait" is actually making you crave the game more than ever.

You grit your teeth in anticipation of the doors opening for you, when the doors finally open, you will appreciate the game more than you would have before, you've finally been given the ball that your older brother never lets you play with. And it is amazing.

This is a classic case in business, exclusivity. It's like when you go to a club and you try to walk into the VIP section, but you're not allowed in. Then a couple of people walk in and it makes it seem like that must be the best place ever. I mean, ofcourse if someone of your amazing standards are not even allowed in, it must be awesome huh?

The best thing for those of us who are not yet in to do, is just accept that you will not be playing the game for possibly a few days, and go off and do something else. There are plenty other games to play and there are plenty of other things to do.

See you all ingame soon!

May the force be with you! :D

Edited by Derity

I was going to give em' the golf clap for revoking the grace period...judging by the rage on the forums think it's a safe bet many who get just a taste with early access will cancel their physical copy and go with origin digital download(more profit) rather than risk even 2 or 3 days play time missed... ;) pretty shrewd actually...

hahaha, I personally think everyone is reading FAR to much into the whole early game access. People going on about evil plots and wrong doings, these guys are developers not the actual SITH, just incase nobody realised :p

I never said it was an evil plot. Haha. :rolleyes:

Edited by Derity

hahaha, I personally think everyone is reading FAR to much into the whole early game access. People going on about evil plots and wrong doings, these guys are developers not the actual SITH, just incase nobody realised :p

The developers may not be sith, but they sure as heck work for an evil emperor. Cough EA.

Nah, not everyone.

A very tiny minority who failed (or didn't bother) to understand how Early Access worked, as was clearly explained since the first day of pre-orders. But since this is an internet forum, all we mostly hear is the vocal minority.

They're doing a gradual ramping start of the game, to ensure server stability and proper population distribution (with the guild pre-load also used to distribute properly).

No plots, no evil schemes. They just want the game to have a smooth launch. And so far it's working, though time will really tell once they really start opening the floodgates. No doubt the subset they let in yesterday was primarily to spot and day one critical issues and fix them before the majority of the player based started hitting the servers.

Itkovian

except, some of us actually don't like how they've handled this and that wont change when I get to log in. I've already seen the game, and I'm less hyped now than I ever have been. I can't believe they haven't fixed the raid frames problem with not updating among other terrible bugs, couple that with the ega fiasco, and the grace period issue recently, and the result is this not looking like the MMO launch I was looking for.

/rant :o

Edited by medicalprobe

I have to give a round of applause to EA/BioWare for probably one of the most intellectual and well thought out marketing schemes we have seen in recent MMO History.

I don't know if any of you can see it, but here is what I see.

Every player that has access to the game, are happy - their posts on this forum reflect this. On the other hand, most players who have not been granted access are on the complete opposite side of the boat. Infuriated.

What you infuriated players do not realise though, is how many extra months of subscription this is going to be urging you into paying. Basking in the ambience of your own rage, you are blind to the fact that this "lengthy wait" is actually making you crave the game more than ever.

You grit your teeth in anticipation of the doors opening for you, when the doors finally open, you will appreciate the game more than you would have before, you've finally been given the ball that your older brother never lets you play with. And it is amazing.

This is a classic case in business, exclusivity. It's like when you go to a club and you try to walk into the VIP section, but you're not allowed in. Then a couple of people walk in and it makes it seem like that must be the best place ever. I mean, ofcourse if someone of your amazing standards are not even allowed in, it must be awesome huh?

The best thing for those of us who are not yet in to do, is just accept that you will not be playing the game for possibly a few days, and go off and do something else. There are plenty other games to play and there are plenty of other things to do.

See you all ingame soon!

May the force be with you! :D

True true though ever thought of the other side of the coin?

When some one waits for something for a long time and gets hyped up it might end with the person not caring anymore once they get it.

Or at least they get bored with it quite fast.

In the end you keep players with good content and good costumer support.

Marketing tricks work for a short time but than it back fires.

If you fell for it OP, I feel sorry for you.

I'm treating it like every other launch. Set up subscription to get access, cancel it immediately, give them 30 days to convince me to continue.

So far -

1) I'm not impressed with their communication skills to the player base.

2) Staggered launch is stupid on so many levels, primarily as it separates friends, so whenever I do get access I need to spacebar my way through content to catch up which takes away one of their biggest selling points. (please **** fan boys about agreeing to how they handle launch, it was a one sided conversation by them. I tried giving my input, but I'll refer you to #1)

3) What little I did get to play in beta it looks like the game has potential, but then again I can't judge end game content by visiting the starting grounds so I'll see for myself next week.