Storylines TOO Epic?

CharlieMitchell

As the expansion draws near, it makes me wonder... Were the initial storylines TOO epic? For example, let's take the Jedi Knight killing the emperor. That's awesome and all, but how can that be topped in future expansions. How is Bioware going to top the stories they have already started?

Another example, the SW storyline is all about coming to power. By the end you're basically the fiercest sith in the galaxy. Well now what? Are the SW just going to roam the galaxy being a boss?

In future storyline expansions, are the smugglers going to do nothing but run their criminal empire and get fabulously wealthy?

Just food for thought. I'm not much of a creative mind, so I just wanted to hear what others thought how the storylines would continue from here.

Jk only killed the voice of the emperor, not the actual Emperor.

Reminding people of that again. This means that the JK end was epic but still can keep going. The SW for example:

scared the Dark Council and established they were the Wrath, such as the duties of being the Wrath, defending the Emperor, maybe fighting off a Dark Council overthrow attempt or a Jedi attempt to find the Emperor, etc..

But there's definitely room to go up from there. I think they did a pretty good job balancing the epicness that players obviously wanted and leaving room to proceed.

I think it's smart to have 1 single story.

Otherwise, certain classes will get awesome stories while some get 2nd best. I loved the Jedi Knight story in particular because of what you accomplish, it would seem unfair that only the JK should experience killing the Emperor later in the game while others are stuck with less important people.

I think it's smart to have 1 single story.

Otherwise, certain classes will get awesome stories while some get 2nd best. I loved the Jedi Knight story in particular because of what you accomplish, it would seem unfair that only the JK should experience killing the Emperor later in the game while others are stuck with less important people.

I would agree this is a risk, though seemed to manage this well to a point. Like previously stated you simply kill the Voice of the Emperor and not the Emperor himself... important but not war ending. Much like how D&D would do the whole, you killed the "Aspect of" a deity vs. the deity itself. Which allows you to feel somewhat epic but not without room to follow.

I do think some of the stories ended up being more epic than others however.

There's ebb and flow to the life of even the greatest hero. Our characters are one betrayal/tragic loss away from losing everything all the time. And I wouldn't take the endings at face value. They're from our character's pov and that could be entirely wrong, or at least the product of not having all the necessary information. You can be sure that there will be twists and turns in the plots.

You guys are talking about the stories as though you're only allowed to play just one and someone will have the short end of the stick. And the underlying themes are as dramatic as the overarching plot. The knight needs to have a goal as important as the battle with the emperor to make the underlying story of his/her personal battle with the dark side work. It becomes increasingly difficult to make light side choices as the final battle approaches if the stakes are kept in mind. I found that part of the story very engaging. I started with a very pure jedi who had a sith lord for a best friend by the end.

Edited by errant_knight