Trouble with Taking on Toborro

johndoeb

So I got rocked instantly in my first two tries, and line-of-sighting him dropped agro and cancelled the fight. I took someone's advice and just ran straight at him and stayed directly underneath or behind him and meleed the crap out of him. Even with my ranged Sage, who doesn't inflict much damage, the fight was won in less than one minute. Never lost my comp, but did have to heal both of us a couple times. With a healer (or a good healer comp), it shouldn't be too hard.;)

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was using my commando and my best friend was using his sentinel. To take out the golden isotope 5 droid the trick is to always try to stay on its sides. When it powers up its "kill you in one shot death-ray" it it forced to stand in a stationary position as the lasers shoot out its front and back side. When that happens just make sure you are on its right or left side. Troopers have an advantage in fighting it because they can use the "hold the line" ability to keep it from slowing down your movement.;)

I hate this boss, I have a jedy knight Tankish. And i tryed in the front, I tryed in the back, I tryed from below. I tryed with the trooper helping, and It was the only way to make him damage, the problem is that I cant make the real damage, if I start doing it i get killed. so..What the Hell with this boss! this is a ****** boss, wrongly designed for the jedy knight, in my point of view. A one shot laser kill! this cannot be possible. They should change it a little to make it more "killable". I tryed like 20 times, and still here, with my lvl 55 jedy knight. How can this be possible?

after trying all the companions, i got to kill this mob with my jedy knight. Using the trooper companion. in sniper mode. I changed from soresu form to chiisoo form. And I only used basic attacs from my tank. And with some luck i finallly killed it!

Yes. Did this on my sentinel. (which for the bit slower is a Jedi Knight) After reading a lot of how ****** this fight is I was rather nervous about it, especially since for some reason groups of 4 mobs sometimes instagibb me. But the lousy dude shot that head-butt laser twice and then he was dead. The red circles (his misile barrage targets) was also easy to avoid. And not at all lethal if one got you...

Was the fastest easiest bossfight I have ever had. Did it with Doc out. Even slowed if you're close enough to the mob, you have ample time to get to its' side.

Though I agree, fights of the sort "avoid the oneshotter and win easy" is lazy and daft. IF you have problems of any sort it's just frustrating. If not, it's too easy.

Good Luck folks.:rak_03:

Edited by Baalzie

This doesn't work, he just aligns to face you, and you are slowed to a crawl half the time anyway.

The only way I've been able to avoid it so far is to do the Gunslinger/Sniper escape-roll out of the room, which just re-sets him.

No, it can't be interrupted, at least not anymore.

(As well, I'm not going to spam LFG!!111oneone in what's supposed to be a non-heroic, either. Have quite my fill of PUGs from warzoning, TYVM!)

E:

Line-of-sight him out that door, to the north of where Toborro's room is --you have more room to do so to your right as you face him --to your left won't break LoS, and will get you one-shotted-- and facing Toborro back through that door. You'll be at extreme range though. Do not go >35m when fighting him, as this is what re-sets him. Hell, he's too easy then. (I just dropped him in like 3 rotations in WH gear at level 55.) Dunno if that's bugged or intended, but I'll take what I can get.

LOS worked easy-peasy with my 55 GS, no problem. He 1-shotted me first time, I read this, then took him down in 3 rotations, very fast. Thanks to the poster above, for ranged players this works really well! :)

• 4 weeks later...
Wow, read was written here and I used Kira while I was running around most of the time with some fast hits. Killed him at my first try. Thanks to all!

On my commando with treek tanking, all I did was run around it and stay to the side and put treek on passive when he fired the laser. Then went back to work staying to side. Killed it within a minute with my gunnery trooper.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
This fight is gimmicky to say the least. As a sage I finally got i done by standing right in front of him until he starts casting the one shot ability, then use force speed to run through him and start attacking from behind. Had to do it twice, but definitely not a mission that can't be soloed.

I am trying to solo Taking on Toborro on the planet Meceb. I have finished all of the steps for this mission except defeating Toborro's Glittering Fury. I last about 5 seconds then I die. My question is if this mission can be done solo how can it be done. I am a level 54 Vanguard Trooper.

This is simple to solo.

During the fight, you really only need to worry about two casts, there is a Gravity Cast, which slows you down. This is usually followed by the Megaton Annihilation Laser. This is the cast that can one shot you if you are in front of the droid. The trick is to NOT run around the droid to get behind it. Instead, try to run THROUGH the droid to its rear. This is the only way to avoid the blast as you cannot interrupt the gravity cast any more. My advice is to bring a dps companion with you into this fight to help cut down the "boss" a little faster.

Wait until you run Toborro's Courtyard if you think this droid is an issue. Fresh 55's always have fun with Glittering Fury Mark II.

• 2 weeks later...
Actually, it's PITIFULLY easy if you're a healer. DON'T attack the droid. Let your DPS comp take all the aggro. Just sit back and healbot the comp, which seems to be immune to the insta-kill attack. Your comp is in front of the droid, you're behind it. That's all there is to it! Took me one try and got it easily once I figured it out.

• 1 month later...
Gotta say this fight is really bad. I don't get the fun in a game that one shots you no matter what. What the hell were the sadistic developers thinking on this. Was this fight designed on a fright night before they were allow to go out and play?

Seriously. People are stil necroing this thread and belly aching about how hard this dude is? And he is not even a fraction as bad as Szajin. There were earlier bosses way harder than this (i.e. JK and JC boss on Belsavis, Jesh who Pubs fight on Quesh, the Agent fight on Hoth).

• 1 month later...
I had trouble at first. I have a poorly planned Guardian and get my butt handed to me often and this boss seemed impossible. After reading some suggestions here it ended up being as easy as the emperor.

Go in and run around it like crazy slashing/shooting at will. When it stops following you and charging its lasers get to its side (NOT UNDERNEATH!!!). After it discharges (my companion was unharmed) stay at the side and it will not move, hit it like crazy. If you don't get it done before it moves again repeat the process above. Again, don't hide underneath, be at the side! After the second discharge you should be able to finish it off easily.

Thanks for your advices :) Battle was very easy because of you :)

• 1 month later...

There has to be bug somewhere.

Defeated the droid on second try and it was so easy it's not even funny.

Shadow tank way:

- Force Pull

- Go closer (don't use Force Speed!)

- Use Force Speed to run under the droid just before the droid uses that insta-kill ability.

- Burn it down.

All the droid did after that was spamming the red circles. Did I break it? Seriously? That's a boss fight?

You paid attention to the droid's mechanics and used your abilities to survive them, circumventing the instakill and burning it down before it got another. This is one of those fights that's pretty hard if you don't do that and damn easy if you do. Edited by errant_knight

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Seriously. People are stil necroing this thread and belly aching about how hard this dude is? And he is not even a fraction as bad as Szajin. There were earlier bosses way harder than this (i.e. JK and JC boss on Belsavis, Jesh who Pubs fight on Quesh, the Agent fight on Hoth).

Because I've died time after time after time after time after [CENSORED] TIME while standing to the f-ing side of the mob and STILL getting inst-killed on the second use of the death ray.

NO, I wasn't in the wrong spot - I was in the EXACT SAME SPOT as the first time he fired the death ray and I died the second shot EVERY SINGLE FIGHT.

So no, standing to his side doesn't work reliably. But thanks for being such a condescending *****.

Because I've died time after time after time after time after [CENSORED] TIME while standing to the f-ing side of the mob and STILL getting inst-killed on the second use of the death ray.

NO, I wasn't in the wrong spot - I was in the EXACT SAME SPOT as the first time he fired the death ray and I died the second shot EVERY SINGLE FIGHT.

So no, standing to his side doesn't work reliably. But thanks for being such a condescending *****.

Then I hate to see you try and finish Makeb as an Imp. A thousand Galactic credits say you kick in your computer monitor and throw your CPU out the window.

Then I hate to see you try and finish Makeb as an Imp. A thousand Galactic credits say you kick in your computer monitor and throw your CPU out the window.

In my experience, Imp Makeb is a LOT easier to complete than Republic side. I have beaten the final boss on Imp side twice now, solo both times. I CANNOT beat Toborro's droid. I've tried. Multiple times. I've read strategies, watched videos, even sat and watched a friend do it right in front of me. I have tried over a dozen times to follow the instructions and beat the droid. It DOES NOT always work. I have tried standing EXACTLY where everyone tells me to, and it has yet to ever work.

The imp side boss doesn't have a one-shot, uninterruptible, unavoidable, AoE attack. Nothing the Imp side has even comes CLOSE to the complete crap of Toborro. They seriously need to change this fight. At least make the insta-kill attack interruptible. Just that one change would make this fight so much more doable. Until something changes with this fight, I will remain physically unable to EVER finish Republic Makeb. I just cannot do it. I have tried and tried and followed instructions and mimicked videos and done everything I've been told or shown to do to beat this guy. It simply does not work. At all. As a result, I don;t have access to the dailies on Republic side either, which severely reduces my ability to make the large amounts of credits needed to do anything at end level, including the upcoming housing.

The Toborro fight has permanently gimped my Republic endgame. This holds true for a large number of players, not just me. The fight is broken. No other mob, boss, or anything else in this game has an instant kill ability on the same level as this one does. Either make it interruptible, reduce the effect to something less than total annihilation, or remove the attack in its entirety and replace it with something else. This fight is unfair, unbalanced, overtuned, and seriously blocks endgame advancement.

Have a nice day.

Edited by Dinoviking