Which level items do sell?

DomiSotto

So, what exactly can you sell from BioChem? I craft and use right now, since those low level items do not sell. Is it when you work your way to the implants that there will be some returns on the skill investment, or does BioChem remain a money sink? Why do people say it is the best end-game skill? Or is it a dated info? Edited by DomiSotto

You can make some money selling implants, and depending on your server, stims/adrenals can be profitable as well.

The real reason people say biochem is the best endgame crafting skill, however, is the old saying "a penny saved is a penny earned". You might not make a lot of credits from biochem, but the Reusable stims/medpacs/adrenals will save you a *lot* of credits over the long run. The reusable adrenals are especially nice, since you can often use it 10 or more times in a single operation, and using the single-use ones that often would get very expensive very quickly.

The advice I generally give about crew skills is to take Biochem on your "main" (whichever toon you plan to do endgame stuff on), and then make your first alt character a Cybertech (crafting your own armorings and mods makes leveling subsequent alts much easier).

Edited by Delta_V

So, if you do not play past Ilum, Biochem is essentially implant/achievement generator?

You might be able to sell grade 6 stims and adrenals to those in that situation.

But if you can post to these forums you are a subscriber and have access to all content beyond ilum.

It probably does, because I have no clue what it entitles, and have a vague impression that one needs some sort of crazy equipment and skills beyond mine to enter those areas and be successful in anything but dying in under 1 minute. Like, I have unwittingly bought a schematic, but a component is only obtainable thorough something called Ops. End of the line... Edited by DomiSotto

It probably does, because I have no clue what it entitles, and have a vague impression that one needs some sort of crazy equipment and skills beyond mine to enter those areas and be successful in anything but dying in under 1 minute. Like, I have unwittingly bought a schematic, but a component is only obtainable thorough something called Ops. End of the line...

1. Once you hit 400 skill level in a crew skill (you probably already have this in all of them), go to the crew skill trainer(s), and purchase "advanced" training. It costs 10,000 credits per crew skill.
  2. For each crew skill do one thing at grade 6 (craft something in Biochem, run a mission in whatever gathering and/or mission skills you have) that is yellow in difficulty. This will put you to 401 skill.
  3. Go back to the Biochem trainer and there should be some new schematics available to train.
  4. Start crafting them.
  5. Open your missions list for whatever gathering and/or mission skills you have and you will see grade 9 missions are now available.
  6. Run them.

"Ops" is the abbreviation for "Operations" also known as "raiding." In order to raid you need a larger group of players (8 or 16 total participants). This aspect of the game is NOT required to participate in. Most likely the material you need for that schematic is available on the Galactic Trade Network (GTN). It might be VERY expensive, but it's available.

Edited by psandak

Yep, I did all that, working my way towards 450 with lvl 6 and 9s. That's how I got the schematic for the relic that requires the Grade 7 (not in BioChem, sorry!) :) I think the cost will be prohibitive on GTN, but who knows, the game is relatively mature and people are raiding - not very actively judging from the threads, lol. Anyway, thank you for the reply! BioChem might not be my fav, but hey, something new.

and have a vague impression that one needs some sort of crazy equipment and skills beyond mine to enter those areas and be successful in anything but dying in under 1 minute. Like, I have unwittingly bought a schematic, but a component is only obtainable thorough something called Ops. End of the line...

I usually get my biochem toons to 450 before they are level 20 albeit mostly due to OCD. You don't need to be near 50 to max biochem. I certainly want to always be able to use the reusables for my level.

(After factoring in commissions and procs) If someone gets a drop in an op that sells for 300,000 and uses it to make an implant that sells for 290,000 then they made a mistake. If you can buy it and then profitably sell it, a big if, then why do you care where the material comes from?

Oh, I don't care, just can't afford, my toons rarely run with over 200 thou on them, between the endless sponsoring, re-equips, gift hunts and all that. I have a far too young cast to think of anything extravagant. Edited by DomiSotto