Force armor = Protection?

Danieleriz

euh no, protection is for tanks

not for silly bubble poppers

bubble is a defensive skill, like evry class has them .. if i would follow u, then undying rage for mara's is a defensive skill that also should give me protection

so ... no

the bubble counts as a heal

the bubble is not a def cd, like undying rage is one.

the sorc/sage does not have any def cd's

bubble is a shield, just like other classes have shields

hence its a defensive cd

adding this to protection is just silly

How many times have I seen: I bubble someone at the start of huttball, he runs through a fire -> 2.5k heal

Where else should that have come from?

Probably from the Sage/Sorc self heal skill most use the moment their shield is down and they have some damage. That is the biggest source for the 2.5k heal medal.

Did you even read my post?

I can bubble any class, like a juggernaut or a sniper and I recieve the 2.5k heal medal

Apologies, I misread the 'I bubble' someone, point taken.

For some reason I read it as 'bubble someone' without the I. Meaning you saw them gain the medal when they walked through fire.

Edited by Devlonir

I've never noticed because I'm always taunting or guarding but what about Wither/Slow time? That reduces DMG output from targets. That's the same as Taunt as far as I'm concerned.

Isn't Wither from the Assassin tanking tree? Or am I mistaken?

Anyhow, if the case is true, then that is a good point. That should count towards protection, and a bubble shield should not (as it should count for healing).

Force armour/static shield used to give Prot points in beta(and I think for a bit after launch) but healers got sooooo much medals for it that they changed it to a heal. It wasn't fair for healers to get 4 medals for prot 4 medals for heals 4-5 medals for damage and 3-4 medals for defence and offence each. So they changed it

Isn't Wither from the Assassin tanking tree? Or am I mistaken?

Anyhow, if the case is true, then that is a good point. That should count towards protection, and a bubble shield should not (as it should count for healing).

It is the top tier skill in the tanking tree yes. I'm at work now but if I recall correctly the tooltip says it reduces the damage of the affected target, similar to the taunt wording

When the game launched the bubble "absorb" didn't count toward anything in PvP.

It was later changed to tally as a heal, because heal spec sage/sorc were gimped for earning healing medals.

(1.4 If I remember correctly)

It is a defensive CD because it "absorbs" ~ it's the only defensive CD that can be applied to a friendly target. But it's also much weaker than the defensive CDs of other ACs.

It is a defensive CD because it "absorbs" ~ it's the only defensive CD that can be applied to a friendly target. But it's also much weaker than the defensive CDs of other ACs.

There also other CD which have most of the time a defensive use, but that can help an ally : Obfuscate for exemple.