Can we have the Dread Masters alive in the end?

Slowpokeking

While I'd prefer it if the Empire stopped shooting itself in the foot so much, The Dread Masters should be gone.

Perhaps there's this great big, "Hey, maybe we should focus all of our efforts on the Republic, instead of each other!" that the Sith go through? I know, I know, long shot, but there it is. :p

While I'd prefer it if the Empire stopped shooting itself in the foot so much, The Dread Masters should be gone.

Perhaps there's this great big, "Hey, maybe we should focus all of our efforts on the Republic, instead of each other!" that the Sith go through? I know, I know, long shot, but there it is. :p

To be honest, i think this is what chapter 4 will be doing.

I havnt got a Bh or a IA 50 but

I can imagine Knox spending her time uniting the Sith, and i can imagine the Wrath spending his time crushing the republics largest figureheads.

My guess is that we're going to have something where the republic/empire beat the dread masters, but they temporarily escape. As they're running away, they run into......... THE EMPEROR!! Who then proceeds to kill them and take all their power for himself, or remolds them into mindless slaves or something to that effect, which I think would be a good segway to lead into chapter 4 i.e. the emperor returns

EDIT: As to why the emperor does this, namely because the Dread Masters were idiots who, instead of trying to help his crumbling empire, went ahead and formed their own faction assuming he was dead. Which would, of course, probably piss the Emperor off somewhat

Edited by Murillio

empire really hasn't lost all that much a lot of dark council sure but theres always some one waiting to replace those as far as we know we haven;t even lost a planet since balmorra. the empire is losing that is clear but i don;t understand where all this the empire has lost soo much attitude is coming from.

empire really hasn't lost all that much a lot of dark council sure but theres always some one waiting to replace those as far as we know we haven;t even lost a planet since balmorra. the empire is losing that is clear but i don;t understand where all this the empire has lost soo much attitude is coming from.

Corellia, Voss might also be in trouble because Severin's death.

And in the novel it was made clear that the Empire was in big disadvantage.

To be honest, i think this is what chapter 4 will be doing.

I havnt got a Bh or a IA 50 but

I can imagine Knox spending her time uniting the Sith, and i can imagine the Wrath spending his time crushing the republics largest figureheads.

"Chapter 4: Rise of the Hutt Cartel"

Yep, seems very pro-Empire::eek::(

Corellia, Voss might also be in trouble because Severin's death.

And in the novel it was made clear that the Empire was in big disadvantage.

corellia and especially voss were never the empires in the first place and the war pretty much wasting corellia is a solid win for the empire though a costly one. As for the novel i did say it was clear the empire was losing but 1. Novels always dramatize things, and every thing in it was basically saying we are losing until we start winning. Or in the novels owen words "unless something changes we will lose" which means as soon as something changes they will start winning. and 2. The republic lost alot while they were trying to lure the super weapon into a trap a super weapon which by the way always seemed to be in trouble in every battle it participated in. Oh and 3. The novel flat out failed to properly display the scope of each sides fighting power dumbing the numbers down by a factor of ten so why should i or any one be concerned that it displays the republic in a good light?

Edited by magicallypuzzled

corellia and especially voss were never the empires in the first place and the war pretty much wasting corellia is a solid win for the empire though a costly one. As for the novel i did say it was clear the empire was losing but 1. Novels always dramatize things, and every thing in it was basically saying we are losing until we start winning. Or in the novels owen words "unless something changes we will lose" which means as soon as something changes they will start winning. and 2. The republic lost alot while they were trying to lure the super weapon into a trap a super weapon which by the way always seemed to be in trouble in every battle it participated in. Oh and 3. The novel flat out failed to properly display the scope of each sides fighting power dumbing the numbers down by a factor of ten so why should i or any one be concerned that it displays the republic in a good light?

You know the swtor encyclopedia that was released is saying the republic is doing fine and kicking *** and the empire is in chaos/fractured?

You know the swtor encyclopedia that was released is saying the republic is doing fine and kicking *** and the empire is in chaos/fractured?

what part of me saying it was clear the empire was losing did you not understand? The novel could say the republic has already won if it wanted to(it didn;t not even close). It wouldn't change the game from showing something completely different. not to mention that very encyclopedia says the empires key to victory is right around the corner.

the arguement i put forward was never that the empire wasn't losing but that it hasn;t really lost all that much up to this point despite being on the losing end. it hasn' lost any world it had under it's controll that we know off or it got it back right after losing it. It has lost quite a number of dark council members which has effected it but there are lines of dark council wantabees out there, and all they need is to find the one that clicks in a particular spot to turn everything around.

In the planet side quests you do win over corellia. When you start the bonus series/black hole quest you find out that the republic jumped in after you left and ****ed **** up. I think anyway, been ages since I played corellia...

Also we have lost a lot, **** for all the rest of the empire knows (excluding players) the emperor is dead. How is that not a huge loss to morale? (Like I said ik he's alive, but the npcs of the empire don't know that) we also lost, though not a dark council member, one of our strongest Sith Lords Darth Malgus, who was also a figure head and inspiration for the empire because he spear headed the sacking of coruscaunt (spelling?) oh and imperial intelligence, our equivilient to sis, is disbanded.

The empire is definitely in shambles and trying to recover.

Edited by Tfranco

In the planet side quests you do win over corellia. When you start the bonus series/black hole quest you find out that the republic jumped in after you left and ****ed **** up. I think anyway, been ages since I played corellia...

Also we have lost a lot, **** for all the rest of the empire knows (excluding players) the emperor is dead. How is that not a huge loss to morale? (Like I said ik he's alive, but the npcs of the empire don't know that) we also lost, though not a dark council member, one of our strongest Sith Lords Darth Malgus, who was also a figure head and inspiration for the empire because he spear headed the sacking of coruscaunt (spelling?) oh and imperial intelligence, our equivilient to sis, is disbanded.

The empire is definitely in shambles and trying to recover.

Sounds like a small lose temporary win or not corellia was never the empires and the infrastructure lose there is a terrible blow to the republic. The emperor being dead will be more then made up for when people learn the emperor is in fact not dead it'll just make him seem that much more unkillable. Malgus is a second tier darth easily replaced even easier then the dark council members. a dozen dead people isn;t enough to put the empre in shambles your making things out to be far far worse then they are.

the Empire already lost too much.

No, it hasn't. See, while "evil is cool" earns the Empire fans, the reality of the universe is that THE EMPIRE WILL LOSE SPECTACULARILY AND BE COMPLETLEY DISSOLVED.

I think "faction pride" for the Empire is ridiculous anyway, but seriously, don't delude yourselves; The Empire is going to lose because that's how the story goes, and that means they will gradually suffer more defeats than they can make up for - Corellia, Ilum and Malgus' betrayal, the Dread Masters etc.

The Empire has been dying a slow death ever since the Republic retook Balmorra, and it's extremely unlikely from a story point of view that it'll ever turn around.

No, it hasn't. See, while "evil is cool" earns the Empire fans, the reality of the universe is that THE EMPIRE WILL LOSE SPECTACULARILY AND BE COMPLETLEY DISSOLVED.

Completely? Oh so that's why the galactic republic (prequels) use an emblem clearly derivative of vitiates empire.

There's room enough for a couple of galactic dark ages between swtor and the movies. None of us really know where the story will go within the lifespan of the 8 heroes. As for empire losing short term. Sure, but if you seriously think that the whole MMO's main story is in it's final stretch already I would reconsider that thought.

Edited by CaptainApop

Oh so that's why the galactic republic (prequels) use an emblem clearly derivative of vitiates empire.

Actually it's a Bendu and was used by the Republic as early as the Great Hyperspace War. For some reason the Sith Empire has a symbol that looks a lot more like the one used by the Confederacy of Independent Systems 3000 years later.

Here is the problem hell its a game most empire players know they are going to lose at some point and if one side is just completely curbstomping the other it would simply piss people off since storywise thats not interesting or fun. Plus making them feel their planet questlines and all the work invested feel useless is not smart either.

People won't find it FUN i mean honestly if you are playing a game and all you hear is OH right yeah what you just did is meaningless since the enemy just pretty much undone everything you did. If this happens for the next 5-8 planets most people would simply stop playing.

Your starting to see it right now more empire players are getting pissed off espically after the new annihilation book.

I mean we got several thousand years and bioware is in a rush to end the war quickly. In my opinion things should be more balanced instead of one side either the empire or the republic going LAWL we trollz all over the other side's stuff.

Edited by lokdron

• 7 months later...
Sounds like a small lose temporary win or not corellia was never the empires and the infrastructure lose there is a terrible blow to the republic. The emperor being dead will be more then made up for when people learn the emperor is in fact not dead it'll just make him seem that much more unkillable. Malgus is a second tier darth easily replaced even easier then the dark council members. a dozen dead people isn;t enough to put the empre in shambles your making things out to be far far worse then they are.

It isn't just a dozen people, from what I've heard, on Corellia, the Empire lost one tenth of its whole military. You may be right about the Dark Councel, we may even say, that they were too weak to survive, so no loss, but one lost world, inner fighting, dread masters and great casualties on Corellia is a major blow to the Empire...

And I agree that it would be nice to let it live a little longer. The last Sith Empire was destroyed on Ruusan, 1000 BBY, maybe it could even survive into Darth Ruin's Era :) Just saying it doesn't have to fall :) Maybe it will be just reformed after this mess :D

Completely? Oh so that's why the galactic republic (prequels) use an emblem clearly derivative of vitiates empire.

There's room enough for a couple of galactic dark ages between swtor and the movies. None of us really know where the story will go within the lifespan of the 8 heroes. As for empire losing short term. Sure, but if you seriously think that the whole MMO's main story is in it's final stretch already I would reconsider that thought.

Actually it's a Bendu and was used by the Republic as early as the Great Hyperspace War. For some reason the Sith Empire has a symbol that looks a lot more like the one used by the Confederacy of Independent Systems 3000 years later.

Continuity checkers need their backsides kicking.