Your personal Star Wars question you always couldn't find an answer too.

Magnusheart

People always have that one question they can never get cleared in star wars.

Like for example:

Do Sand People and Jawas have a real "face" or "head" or are they just born with a hood or mask on? :rak_09:

Or

If protocol droids are programmed with x0000000 amount of languages is it really that hard to put it in other droid types? Like Astromechs or Computers?

Whats yours?

Edited by Magnusheart

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good questions so far!!!

My "curiosity" has always been piqued by the trajectory that Luke's torpedo's go in at to destroy the Death Star...they make an arbitrary 90° turn at exactly the right moment to go down the exhaust port...how the flip did they make that turn???

Wrong section for this, this should be put in discussion...but to answer some of the questions.

Do Sand People and Jawas have a real "face" or "head" or are they just born with a hood or mask on?

Yes they do have a face/head.

If protocol droids are programmed with x0000000 amount of languages is it really that hard to put it in other droid types? Like Astromechs or Computers?

Different droids, do different things.

Why do people actually like Boba Fett and Mandalorians in general? I just don't get it.

Because Boba stood there looking cool for a good portion of when he was in the movies. As for the Mandalorian bit, I suppose it has something to do with they are something akin to Spartans(I prefer the actual Mandos myself AKA: The Taung.)

What race is Yoda?

No answer has been given, its a mystery.

My "curiosity" has always been piqued by the trajectory that Luke's torpedo's go in at to destroy the Death Star...they make an arbitrary 90° turn at exactly the right moment to go down the exhaust port...how the flip did they make that turn???

Luke used The Force, to tell where the torpedo's to go.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Luke used The Force, to tell where the torpedo's to go.

That would mean that the only possible way for that torpedo to enter the tube correctly, would have been if it were guided by some Force Sensitive being, which Luke didn't even know he was at the time...that would also mean that rather than evacuating the moon Yavin, the Rebel leaders sent numerous pilots to their death on a pointless mission that had no chance of success...gotta be another explanation.

That would mean that the only possible way for that torpedo to enter the tube correctly, would have been if it were guided by some Force Sensitive being, which Luke didn't even know he was at the time...that would also mean that rather than evacuating the moon Yavin, the Rebel leaders sent numerous pilots to their death on a pointless mission that had no chance of success...gotta be another explanation.

Right, the Death Star was perfectly safe from harm unless there was a force sensitive(which Luke was and him doing that feat was rather remarkable considering he had minimal training up to that point). The Rebel Leaders didn't know this, and figured the targeting computers would be able to hit the mark.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

how did life start again on tattoine after the rakarta turned the planet to glass

Well obviously some of the inhabitants survived (since both jawas and tusken raiders are related to the original inhabitants) meaning some parts of the planet must have been left intact. As for the rest, time and nature has a way of changing things. The glass would erode and im sure meteorites helped speed that along.

The inhabitants adapted to the new enviroment and evolved into jawas and tusken raiders.

Right, the Death Star was perfectly safe from harm unless there was a force sensitive(which Luke was and him doing that feat was rather remarkable considering he had minimal training up to that point). The Rebel Leaders didn't know this, and figured the targeting computers would be able to hit the mark.

So....assuming Luke hadn't hit the exhaust port, and lets say Porkins had actually taken the winning shot, you think the targeting computers would have changed the trajectory of the torpedo's at a similar moment that Luke's had? I guess that's plausible...however unlikely. I guess I just don't understand their angle of attack given the 90° bend.

So....assuming Luke hadn't hit the exhaust port, and lets say Porkins had actually taken the winning shot, you think the targeting computers would have changed the trajectory of the torpedo's at a similar moment that Luke's had? I guess that's plausible...however unlikely. I guess I just don't understand their angle of attack given the 90° bend.

No because the targeting computer couldn't tell how the torpedo's were suppose to move, only Luke could make that shot via The Force. I suppose the leaders were counting on the torpedo's to home in on the signature that the reactor was giving off sort of like a heat seeking missile. There is also the factor of the shaft, being only 2 meters wide...remember what was said?

"That's impossible even for a computer."

"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back home, they're not much bigger then 2 meters."

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

No because the targeting computer couldn't tell how the torpedo's were suppose to move, only Luke could make that shot via The Force.

OK...just to be clear on what you're saying - the Rebel Alliance knew of the vulnerability, they knew they needed to shoot 2 torpedo's into a tiny hole, but they were unaware of the exact bend needed - they were making a best guess as to what could stop the Death Star. So the only possible way their plan could have worked (assuming every pilot had taken a shot) was for Luke to guide his down using the Force, making his shot that much more impressive?!

Bah...you edited after I was replying :) The "heat seeking" could work...

Edited by TUXs

Good questions so far!!!

Easy. Maybe the exhaust port had an electro-magnetic seal.

:cool:

OK...just to be clear on what you're saying - the Rebel Alliance knew of the vulnerability, they knew they needed to shoot 2 torpedo's into a tiny hole, but they were unaware of the exact bend needed - they were making a best guess as to what could stop the Death Star. So the only possible way their plan could have worked (assuming every pilot had taken a shot) was for Luke to guide his down using the Force, making his shot that much more impressive?!

Bah...you edited after I was replying :) The "heat seeking" could work...

Pretty much yes, if you recall Red Leader had a perfect shot and it only impacted on the surface.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

How did Darth Sidious keep the entire Jedi Order in ignorance despite the many clues and mysteries revolving around the Clone Wars?

(Related) In the many many encounters between Obi-Wan and Darth Maul, why was Obi-Wan not interested in the master of Maul? It would personally be the first thing I asked him if I got the chance.

Well obviously some of the inhabitants survived (since both jawas and tusken raiders are related to the original inhabitants) meaning some parts of the planet must have been left intact. As for the rest, time and nature has a way of changing things. The glass would erode and im sure meteorites helped speed that along.

The inhabitants adapted to the new enviroment and evolved into jawas and tusken raiders.

They hid underground to escape the planet's destruction, there was no untapped surface oasis. Reemerged years later.

And then aliens came for the prospect of mining.

How did Darth Sidious keep the entire Jedi Order in ignorance despite the many clues and mysteries revolving around the Clone Wars?

(Related) In the many many encounters between Obi-Wan and Darth Maul, why was Obi-Wan not interested in the master of Maul? It would personally be the first thing I asked him if I got the chance.

Dark Side shroud. Jedi were so used to being able to just look at somebody and go "yep, thats a sith" that they took it for granted. That said, in the later years of the clone wars the dark side energy around Palpatine did become more obvious and harder to miss. They mistook this for being influenced by the sith rather then being the sith himself. In fact right up at the end of the war they were pretty much knocking on his front door in terms of tracing the clues back to him. The entire campaign to take Palpatine hostage by the confederacy was a way of getting him "away from the crime scene" figuratively speaking. Then after that battle, the end was rushed to completion since Sidious knew he couldn't delay any longer once the investigation was resumed.

So that pretty much answered your second question too, the Jedi did care about the master. A great deal. They just weren't very good at looking.