Target Marker problems...

Mhorgan

I'm having an issue here that maybe you all can help me with:

I go to Preferences>Key Bindings>Targeting and scroll to the bottom where all the 'Toggle Target Marker' options are. I enter the keys I want to use (I've selected F9-F12, but I've also tried unused letter keys). I then Click 'OK' and go out of the prefs window. However, when I try to mark a target, nothing appears over their head. Am I missing something?

I go to Preferences>Key Bindings>Targeting and scroll to the bottom where all the 'Toggle Target Marker' options are. I enter the keys I want to use (I've selected F9-F12, but I've also tried unused letter keys). I then Click 'OK' and go out of the prefs window. However, when I try to mark a target, nothing appears over their head. Am I missing something?

And if you're in an operation, only the ops leader and lieutenant can set markers. This excludes PvP.

Yes, I've clicked OK, and Apply...several times.

And this is ALWAYS. In any group, or even single, the target marker never appears over the baddies' head. It gets kinda tedious always having to tell the group what baddies I'm cc'ing rather than showing them.

There are also a handful of keys that aren't very reliable for binding. Now, I'm guessing from what you said that you're just using the F keys alone, but note that Ctrl+F2 does not work. Ctrl+F1 works, as does F3 and F4, and so on, but there's a handful that will just not work for some weird reason.

• 5 months later...

I'm having this exact same problem. No matter what keys I use to bond, or combination of keys for that matter, no target marker.Just nothing happens at all. So all I have is the 1 mark ability from the Imperial Targeting Device.

I was wondering if you ever found a solution to your problem.

• 4 months later...

I too am having this problem - has anyone solved it? I have tried combinations of keys (alt+1 - alt+8), as well as just single F1 - F8, and letter keys as well. Never does a target shot up over the bad guys' heads. Yes Apply, yes OK, yes relogged after.

:/