Is the Galactic Trade Network worth pursuing?

Kalo_Malorian

It seems like every time I try to find a specific thing in the search it comes back with nothing. I was looking for parts for T7 since I don't have cybertech as a Jedi. What usually goes up on the GTN? I was using the one on the Republic Fleet if I remember right.

Sometimes the GTN will load slow, depends on how great your ISP / PC is. There is also a good chance no one is just selling the part you are looking for, or at the level range you might be searching it at. Be sure under Category you do have it set to Droid, and then set subcategory to which slot you are looking for as well. You can always try the trade channel for a crafter, or if you are in a guild, there is a very good chance there is a 450 cybertech in it (if you are in a guild).

I've seen lag spikes make the GTN fail to load for me a few times, just need to mash Search, sometimes... Other times searches just do not result in any items found (helm slot for 10-20 comes to mind lol).

If you are on Ebon Hawk I can make you a few parts if nothing mentioned above seems to be working for you!

Edited by Hoshkar

I was looking for parts for T7

Droid parts tend to be rare overall in the game. They also tend to sell slowly. For a Cybertech, there are a lot of other things you can make that will sell quickly and droid parts are excellent for RE'ing and getting Augment Parts to sell. Due to these reasons, you are likely not going to see many on the GTN.

Some missions will give you modifiable droid parts for T7. Try using those and Planetary Commendation mods to gear him.

Droid parts tend to be rare overall in the game. They also tend to sell slowly. For a Cybertech, there are a lot of other things you can make that will sell quickly .

^^^ This.

Best bet is to either roll a toon to be Cybertech to make them yourself, or find someone (in your Guild is the best bet) who has a Cybertech toon and ask them to craft them for you, if doing the quest reward route doesn't work for you.

Alternative is to buy them with Planetary Comms from the planet equipment vendors.

There are many parts you can buy and craft that take mods just like an Orange shell would; you could also keep the gear up to date using normal armor mods stuck into the moddable droid parts.

Droid parts tend to be rare overall in the game. They also tend to sell slowly. For a Cybertech, there are a lot of other things you can make that will sell quickly and droid parts are excellent for RE'ing and getting Augment Parts to sell. Due to these reasons, you are likely not going to see many on the GTN.

Some missions will give you modifiable droid parts for T7. Try using those and Planetary Commendation mods to gear him.

I have to agree with this, nobody are buying my crafted droid part on the GTN, Are you by any chance playing on the Harbinger? I'll craft some droid parts for you. :)

Alternative is to buy them with Planetary Comms from the planet equipment vendors.

Also check speciality vendors. I do not remember which droid armor I just could not find on my first JK, just to find out it has been with one of those vendors on Coruscant all the time... :) Those vendors can be a bit pricey, though, at the beginning. And yes, do ask on trade channel, if not in a guild. May get it even a lot cheaper than you would on GTN ;)

The search engine on the GTN is very unforgiving. You must spell the name of the item exactly correctly and make sure none of the options are checked which would eliminate a hit. This could be part of your problem.
^^This.

Most especially, you have to NOT choose anything in the "Usable By" droplist. Any choice on that will get you no results.

Which GTN terminal you use makes no difference. Unlike at launch, it's a single system shared by both factions.