Survival of the Nerdiest: Match 2

Silenceo

The premise is simply, how long can you survive in a hostile planet based in the Star Wars galaxy? Do you have what it takes to out live the others? What will survival push you to do? Who. Are. You?

The goal is to survive your situation while stranded on a hostile world and attempt to either be the last one alive among the participants, or to escape the planet. Every day when or if the past goal was completed, the Narrator will post the days scenario which the participants will then debate about what they will do in that time, as time goes on the scenarios will get increasingly harder to decide. If a decision you put forth is incorrect in that days scenario, then PM the Narrator and tell them so that they may amend it. Your knowledge of star wars will aid you in particular environments from the familiar Felucia, to the distant sands of Korriban. Supplies can be found in the wreckage of the vessel that the Participants arrived in, which is of the Gage-class transport variety that has arrived to its destination, with several prisoners in tow...

Rules

#1 - Stay within reason. Most things will be acceptable, but nothing outlandish such as suddenly gaining jedi powers and instant own rancor's.

#2 - You are an average Star Wars citizen, what ever race you choose, even a droid if you wish. Choose carefully, this could determine how well you could fare and what challenges you will face.

#3 - Declare force sensitivity at the beginning, or not at all. No compromise. One of the only ways to gain force powers when you had none before is obviously the Staff of Marko Ragnos, and I can ensure it will not be found...

#4 - If you have problems with the scenario of the day, simply ask the Narrator for a change or some such. If you are persuasive enough, it will be changed within reason.

#5 - If you come into conflict with another participant, it will be between you to debate the likely outcome which will then be displayed in the next days update.

#6 - No flame wars. Those who instigate flame wars will first receive an injure, if they do it again they will be put into a comatose state for that day. Third strike they are found by the Empire and executed on the spot by Darth Vader.

#7 - You get to select three items that you managed to grab before making it into the escape pod, again, has to be within reason. Has to be able to fit into an escape pod.

#8 - If you attempt to kill another participant you will be able to take what ever they had on them as well as knocking them out of the running. This would require much debate during that day however, and often will take up multiple days, aka one would escape and the other could pursue. Whoever the Narrator feels is the most compelling will be the victor and decide the fate of the other participant.

#9 - Weapons are allowed to be among your three items, but it can not be any rare or outlawed items unless it fits with the persona that you create when you first start. Aka a smuggler can't bring a light saber.

#10 - You can escape anyway that seems plausible as long as you make a good argument for it, however, it will almost always take multiple days for this to happen since the entire goal is to escape/survive. Who ever makes it off planet alive is among the victors.

#11 - If you choose to select a ranged weapon from the beginning then you will be granted 1 extra clip, but you can find more as the game goes. Use it carefully.

#12 - If you wish to make any actions that you wish to be kept secret from the other participants, PM the Narrator and he will work that into the daily update, allowing you to perform that action without others knowing until later. They can find out by other means however.

#13 - Obey the Narrator. :jawa_evil:

#14 - Only the Narrator can induce a character death.

#15 - All force power usage that can be considered even slightly strong will be reviewed by the Narrator and assistant Narrators upon posting, or before if it is brought up in the OOC thread.

#16 - All plans to betray or otherwise harm others must be posted by the Narrator. Whether he is notified by PM or openly in the OOC thread. He must be the one to post them.

#17 - Only the Narrator can fully control NPC's.

#18 - Depending on Force users in a Case by Case basis, they will have less items that varies depending on their reliance on force abilities. Most Jedi/Sith will have just their light sabers, but there are a few weaker variants that will be allowed to take more than that.

#19 - All changes to characters throughout the game such as psychology or behavior must be noted to the Narrator so he can take it into account. (This includes mental scarring, growing unease, distrusts, ect.) It is important for the Narrator to keep the characters acting as they should, even if IC others or even themselves do not realize it.

#20 - Only the Narrator can inflict death to the wild life, animals, NPC's, and ect. This will effectively limit the participants from strolling through with no challenge.

Vote on the stranded planet when you include the details for your character:

-Nal Hutta - 6

-Dxun - 7

-Vjun -

-Geonosis -

-Taris -

Template:

Character Name:

Profession-

Species-

Skill(s)-

Clothing-

Items:

Planet Vote:

-

Short Bio:

Special Abilities (if any) (If you wish for it to remain secret, PM me instead):

If you wish to make a force sensitive, use the following link, the points limit is 150: Create Force User

If you are interested in helping the Narrator with his duties, send him a PM with an application. Must be good with words and knowledgeable concerning many things Star Wars.

Who will survive? Who will die? Who is, the Nerdiest Survivor?!

In Character Thread

Debate Thread

Edited by Silenceo

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Character Name: Tazre ”Taz” Ordo

Profession- Mandalorian

Morality: Light

Loyalty: Republic

Species- Human

Skill(s)-Exceptional Hand-to- hand combatant, Expert marksman, Knows most Languages, Good with a sword.

Extremely Stealthy.

Clothing-Red and Black Traditional Mando armor

Items:

1. Blaster Rifle (15 shots) w/ 1 extra clip

2. powered sniper rifle (20 shots)

3. Jetpack (with missile, think boba fett)

- Short Bio: Taz was a part of Jicoln Cadera’s Rebellion against Mandalore the Vindicated, When His clan rejoined the rest of mandalore, Taz and a small part of clan Ordo stayed, as they felt their honor bound them to defend the republic, as they Remembered Mandalore the preserver, now Taz and his men lead Guerrilla Attacks against the sith. He has a large scar on his eye from battle and was once tortured by the sith after being captured (He obviously was rescued)

Special Abilities: Wrist mounted flamethrower and on the other wrist a retractable vibroblade (think of Republic commando) Very good looking and Persuasive

I vote: Hutta

To quote a certain dark Jedi: "This will be interesting"

Side note: About rule number 20, Would YOU have to narrate us hunting or? And are we starting off with rations like last time or no?

Edited by Nalathemaster

Jareel'rrork

Species Wookie Age: 98 (this is young for a wookie

Height: 7'2"

Weight: 280 pounds

Fur color: chestnut

Typical wookie physically Slightly larger and stronger

Skill: Engineer, other typical wookie skills as hunting and gathering. Unique wookie skill of making things out of Natural items around him (again usual wookie trait)

Clothing: Bandoleer 25 pouches

8 pouches (Quarrel Magazines 10 shots each)

4 Pouches http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kthysh

2 Pouches Medpac

1 pouch Survival knife

2 pouches physical concussion grenade

1 Pouch http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Multitool

1 Pouch Extra Multitool power cell

6 Empty Pouches

Items:

Bowcaster (Exotic weapon uniquely qualified for Expert levels of skill) (10 shots)

Ryyk Blade (Personally made Expert level, only one that knows how to wield this particular blade as its his own design)

Bio: A young Wookie he recently left his home Kashyyk for the fifth time in his life. He was traveling the galaxy learning all he could about the outside worlds engineering traits. Though often he returned to swing accrossed the wonderful trees of his homeland. Like many wookies he was quick to anger and reacted violently in such times. While playing games he was known to rip peoples arms out of their sockets if he felt the person was either cheating or LETTING him win. Nothing upset him more then some one taking him for a fool. Most of the time he was a light hearted individual and was wise thanks to his years of experience. He often used his engineering skills at home making all kinds of things from his home planets trees. He also took part in some demolition and combat training during his days so that he would better be able to protect his family.

Mentality: fun loving and easy going, though easy to enrage, when enraged or scared he entered a Fight rather then Flight response more often then not at which point the adrenaline and some of his combat training kicked in making him absolutely ferocious. Nothing upset him more then some one speaking down to him or thinking little of him. He was older then most and had more experience, just cus his anatomy could not speak basic and he was large did not make him an idiot and any one that treated him as such soon regrets it.

Planet Vote: Dxun

Edited by tunewalker

Character Name: Terror of the Night, Darth Jahuro. Original name was Boran.

Profession- Inquisitor

Species- Mirulaki

Height: 7'1

Weight: 250 pounds

Physical structure: Physically fit, but skin appears to be withered, and not only due to his age. He towers over others and has a surprising amount of strength despite his general thinness. A thin black cloth covers where a humans eyes would be, when he smiles it often fills others with uneasiness. Older than any none force sensitive Mirulaki, he is considered ancient, and to many, a monstrosity. The force has managed to prolong his life, and in so doing while his physical capabilities are still strong, his appearance is that of a weaker man.

Mental disposition: Schizophrenic and insane. Has been known to be both charitable and kind, and yet moments later unbelievably cruel. Extremely unpredictable.

Skill(s)- Extremely well versed in matters of the mind. It is rumored he was once a scholar who studied psychology, before his mind appeared to snap. His mind is his weapon, and due to many long years of study, a lethal weapon it is.

Clothing- Long tattered robe that enveloped his form. Often mistaken for a long shadow. Beneath is an even darker suit that appears as if staring into a black hole.

Items:

1. Curved Saber hilt with a dual phase Blood Red blade.

Short Bio: Few in the galaxy have delved into the mind and managed to unlock its secrets, yet during his many years of study both before the Great War, and during the time of the Cold War, one delved too deep. In his thirst for knowledge Boran went insane, he once was Darth Jahuro, but then he was Boran. They were one and the same, yet there were others as well, weaker, insignificant others. Yet all part of the whole.

From that point on even those who merely peered upon his form could feel themselves lose their nerves, often there are some who subconsciously take steps back. Even the non force sensitives can feel the monster that this being has become. While the being has no eyes, they feel it piercing their souls when it glances in their directions, as if it knows their deepest secrets that they have forever buried.

None can hide what belongs to Jahuro, the Terror of the Night.

Oddly enough, there are times when Jahuro is not present and instead Boran manages to seize control and during these phases many ignore the man or do not pay him any heed. Despite his size and his age, many consider him to be mostly irremarkable. That is how Boran prefers it, he often will spend his time doing things that would make little sense to others, often mumbling phrases that people puzzle over for days without discovering their meanings.

Yet the two are not separate. They are one and the same. They are the Terror, and the calm. They are the Monster and the man. They are the Lord of Fear.

Special Abilities:

Form I - Shii Cho** Lvl 2 (0 points)

Form VI- Niman* Lvl 1 (0 points)

-Form II- Makashi* Lvl 5 (28 points)

-Form III- Soresu* Lvl 3 (18 points)

-Form IV- Ataru* Lvl 1 (0 points)

-Form V- Shien / Djem So* Lvl 1 (0 points)

46 points

Force speed* Lvl 3 (5 points)

Force cloak* Lvl 3 (5 points)

Force stealth* (Also known as Force concealment) Lvl 3 (5 points)

Force sight* Lvl 3 (3 points) (Racial bonus)

Farseeing* Lvl 1 (0 points)

Force empathy* Lvl 1 (0 points)

Telepathy* Lvl 3 (5 points)

Telekinesis* Lvl 1 (0 points)

Force Jump/Leap* Lvl 1 (0 points)

Force Pull/Push* Lvl 2 (2 points)

Force Wave* (once achieved appropriate Force Push) Lvl 1 (0 points)

Precognition Lvl 3 (6)

Force Whisper* (with appropriate Telepathy lvl) Lvl 1 (0 points)

Force confusion* (with appropriate Affect mind or Force slow levels) Prereq with out affect mind or dom mind requires Master Telepathy and proper level with Projected Telepathy lvl not free with just Telepathy prerequisites. Prerequisites Not required if have affect mind or Dominate mind at appropriate level Lvl 1 (0 points)

Projected Telepathy* (with appropriate Telepathy level) Lvl 1 (0 points)

Tutaminis* Lvl 1 (0 points)

-Shadow Vision* (with appropriate lvl of Force sight) Lvl 1 (0 points)

-Art Of small Lvl 3 (12 points)

Force rage* Lvl 1 (0 points)

Force scream* Lvl 1 (0 points)

Force Slow* Lvl 3 (5 points)

Force wound* Lvl 1 (0 points)

- Drain Knowledge (Requires Telepathy) Lvl 3 (12 points)

- Force Fear* (Requires projected Telepathy) Lvl 3 (10 points)

-- Force Horror advanced version of Force Fear (Requires Fear) Lvl 2 (9 points)

---- Mind Control* (pre-reqs: Mastered Force Fear and Telepathy) Lvl 3 (25 points)

Total: 150

Vote: Nal Hutta

Edited by Silenceo

Jarons will be a bit angry with you :D

Woops, I guess I picked the wrong one. I had a list of names and that one seemed familar. Changing it now.

Side Note: Changed it to my other pick, Boran. Darn names, coming to me subconsciously...

Edited by Silenceo

Woops, I guess I picked the wrong one. I had a list of names and that one seemed familar. Changing it now.

So how exactly will the Ship Crash THIS time?

Sidenote: (I'll write up why I was on this Doomed ship later)

Edit: Tazre will be looking forward to taking scum like you down :cool:

Edited by Nalathemaster

Name: Vashti, only known alias: Ne'ta Bes'uliik (Black Basilisk.)

Profession- Mandalorian Hunter

Species- Sephi/Human hybrid

Gender- Female

Age- 67

Languages: Huttese(first), Mando'a(second), Basic(third).*

Skill(s)- Marksman(master), Tracking (expert), Knife fighter (expert), Unarmed (moderate).

Clothing- Mandalorian Clansman Armor(black, Helmet HUD system, long-range communications antenna, jetpack.)

Items:

1. Black Nebula Heavy Blaster

2. Tac-HUD Heavy Sniper Rifle.

3. Left-hand gauntlet containing flamethrower, concealed 10 inch blade and multi-spectrum local-area-map, tracking dart launcher.

Physical appearance:

Height: 5'8

Skin: Pearlescent Pale, blue natural tattoo on chin.

Complexion: Youthful.

Hair: Shoulder-length silver.

Scars: Dozens of whipping scars on the back.

Eyes: Large, deep black Iris.

Build: Curved, moderately muscular.

Psychological background:*

Well-honed hunter/survivor mentality, never broke under the whip, survival instincts too powerful for fear or mercy, the most well-known unknown in Mandalorian society.

Known for volatile demeanor against non-Mandalorians, most famously when she 'circumcised' a rival Zabrak bounty hunter for 'complementing' her 'delicate' face.. Deemed too hazardous for leadership or servitude, was instead placed into lone hunter program for life, typically activated by Mand'alor to wipe out rogue Mandalorian groups and clans or take out particular targets unfortunate enough to be on his radar

History:

Born into slavery until she beat, whipped and strangled to death her slave-master with his own electric whip at 14, rewarded with Gai Bal Manda initiation by the local Field Marshall.

A long history of kills, hasn't failed a mission in 27 years due to ruthlessness, rumors of a daughter and younger sister remain prevalent throughout her clan. Imperial Intelligence is her most prevalent employer, not above working with Agents or soldiers from the Empire.

Planet Vote: Nal Hutta.

Edited by LadyKulvax

Planet vote: Taris.

Due to a new rule, since I felt Force Users needed more down sides, Jedi/Sith will not be keeping items like last round unless they are special. Such as the necklace. That can stay, but I am afraid the communicator can not.

I know, it sucks, but I feel it is a necessary part of balancing force users and none force users, since force users get so many advantages due to their powers.

lol its cool but am about to post my character just don't know how to use the spoiler thing

Its the button that looks like a cog. Put what you want in the tab in between those tags.

Question to all gathered here.

Mirulaki have an innate ability with Force Sense, though I did not put points into it, how does this effect my own characters sight considering most Mirulaki could see just fine using the force? (Or perhaps a racial bonus? :p)

Edited by Silenceo

Its the button that looks like a cog. Put what you want in the tab in between those tags.

Question to all gathered here.

Mirulaki have an innate ability with Force Sense, though I did not put points into it, how does this effect my own characters sight considering most Mirulaki could see just fine using the force? (Or perhaps a racial bonus? :p)

They have an innate ability with Force Sight a "core ability" you automatically get 1 rank in.... Maybe racial bonus to rank 2 but honestly you I dont think its neccissary.

They have an innate ability with Force Sight a "core ability" you automatically get 1 rank in.... Maybe racial bonus to rank 2 but honestly you I dont think its neccissary.

Alright, just wanted to check.

Anyone else agree on boosting Mirulaki's force sight ability to rank 2? (Kinda like how we all know Wookies are extremely strong, or Gen'Dai really tough to destroy.)

Alright, just wanted to check.

Anyone else agree on boosting Mirulaki's force sight ability to rank 2? (Kinda like how we all know Wookies are extremely strong, or Gen'Dai really tough to destroy.)

I agree

Sidenote: Where is everyone? People were SWARMING the last thread, now it's kinda like "meh"

I agree

Sidenote: Where is everyone? People were SWARMING the last thread, now it's kinda like "meh"

Its just what time it is, and people working on figuring out their characters. I am still not sure what Bio I want to have for my character.

Well my character will be a serious pain to kill for anyone.

Believe it or not your missing a free force ability....

-Saber barrier* (with Rank 3 Form 3 or Rank 4 Form 5) because of your proficiency with Form III....

Also you should have a free rank 1 force repulse....

Edit: also dont know if you noticed this but the prereqs for Mind trick and Cleanse mind (iE rank 1's ) require points spent in Force Persuasion which you have set as Rank 1 Free instead of Master 5 points....

Edited by tunewalker

Well my character will be a serious pain to kill for anyone.

I think the same concerning Jahuro.

Though, I just realized a critical mistake... I used 30 points on Dominate Mind, when the first level is supposed to be free, meaning I would have 5 points still to spend...

Side Note: Why do we not have Force Sense as a first rank free? It seems like one of those that all force sensitives, even untrained, have.

Edited by Silenceo