Viral Residue

SweetMegan

Just logged in and went through all the 400+ recipes that I have (it's not a lot of them, just enough to get to 450) and appears that I'll be stacking up on some more Viral Residue hoping that some day, it will be used for something.

Edit: I on more positive note, the increase of crafting mats from missions means that I'll be stacking up on the useless material even faster then before! Yay! /sarcasm

Edited by _Kayko_

BW clearly stated, that they know about the issue, but they can't give "solid time frame" on fixing it. Today's patch only fixed slicing and amount of mats given - so we will get more of residue, holinium, perfect crystals :) But for real crafting fix we will have to wait, who knows for how long.

Was very let down when I logged in and there was still no use for Viral Residue

... I'm running out of bank space. :x Yes, seriously. D: I have almost half a cargo bay filled with these. I really don't want to vendor them, but no one will buy them off the GTN and they're worthless to the vendor.

Really just hoping they become used soon. Another week, and I'll have a full cargo bay full of Viral Residue.

mmmm. two more stacks since yesterday.

I'm getting more of the other mats, with the improved drop rate, but also more Viral Residue.

bleeeh.

I know you guys said you were going to fix this by changing schematic's required mats, but is there any date on when this is going to happen?

Edited by SweetMegan

Scavenging (hollinium) and archaeology (perfect carbonic crystals) are similar. Unless there is a future reason we MUST have these apparently useless mats in insane abundance,

I suggest that a vendor be established in fleet where we can convert them to their usable equivalent, artificial microbe in the case of viral residue.

Too too much time and effort to collect vendor trash.

Nondi, Master Craftsman

^^^^ need a this it would be nice

christsake. crew skills are so unrewarding and frustrating its hardly worth the bother.

To be "self sufficient" I spend millions more than the materials i get back could ever be worth, and basically every gathering profession has at least one useless material- bioanal just happens to have 2 since the red vial material is rarely used as well as the residue.

underwhelming.

Hi there. The Crew Skills gurus are looking into your reports about Viral Residue. Additionally, we're looking into Rich and Bountiful dropping Prototype quality crafting materials that aren't useful compared to the Standard ones. Thanks for your reports and patience!

Its almost like there was no PTS, or as if you didnt listen to any of the feedback given...

or maybe its your terrible project management that forces you to meet deadlines no matter if your product is ready or not?

regardless, we are just about out of patience for this nonsense.

Edited by SlimsPicken

Its almost like there was no PTS, or as if you didnt listen to any of the feedback given...

or maybe its your terrible project management that forces you to meet deadlines no matter if your product is ready or not?

regardless, we are just about out of patience for this nonsense.

I heard insulting the Devs in forum posts gets results. We should all definitely hop on this bandwagon immediately, followed by threatening to pull our subs. :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...
I have 3 schematics that I'm crafting atm that require Viral Residue: Overclocked skill package (implant), Overlocked Rejuvenation System (implant), and Nano-Infused Resolve Stim. I'm only a 420 and grinding to get to 450. They're in there. Plus if you don't have anything to use it for and on Jung Ma server feel free to send them to me lol.

I'm burning through Viral Residue like it is going out of style. It isn't used much, but it is necessary for a number of schematics.

4 Prototype Adrenals, some prototype and higher Implants, Tactical Restoration Med Unit, 3 Premium stims and their subsequent Prototype iterations...

That's just from a quick scan of my Biochem.

I have 3 schematics that I'm crafting atm that require Viral Residue: Overclocked skill package (implant), Overlocked Rejuvenation System (implant), and Nano-Infused Resolve Stim. I'm only a 420 and grinding to get to 450. They're in there. Plus if you don't have anything to use it for and on Jung Ma server feel free to send them to me lol.

holy necros batman

It is kinda of a problem still though, very few stuff uses viral residue compered to artifical microbes. I got about 300-400 viral with 50 microbes. And then I have had to buy some stacks of microbs. There is just very little stuff you can make from it. Resolve stim and some implants is pretty much it.