Which Era would be best to make new movies?

Slowpokeking

What you could have is an enraged Sith Lord use black-hole creating superweapon and send himself and an aged Luke (post Fate of the Jedi) back in time to some time before Episode 1, creating an alternate timeline, and then destroy Tatooine...

No wait. We've seen this before, haven't we?

Gym "And this would also screw up the Legacy Comics too...Hrm..." Quirk

What you could have is an enraged Sith Lord use black-hole creating superweapon and send himself and an aged Luke (post Fate of the Jedi) back in time to some time before Episode 1, creating an alternate timeline, and then destroy Tatooine...

No wait. We've seen this before, haven't we?

Gym "And this would also screw up the Legacy Comics too...Hrm..." Quirk

When I heard the news I was suddenly afraid they would use Time Travel and try to reboot it.

No question for me that they need to do a new trilogy focusing on the rise and fall of Darth Caedus. Too much of the EU stuff doesn't translate to screen very well and is too over-complicated. And no matter what they do, they will have to alter the story pretty significantly. But Darth Caedus' rise and fall gives you the Solos and Luke Skywalker and their klds. It gives you Mara Jade and Kyle Katarn and Kyp Durron. And I think it is the best story to tell that has the same feel as the original trilogy.

No question for me that they need to do a new trilogy focusing on the rise and fall of Darth Caedus. Too much of the EU stuff doesn't translate to screen very well and is too over-complicated. And no matter what they do, they will have to alter the story pretty significantly. But Darth Caedus' rise and fall gives you the Solos and Luke Skywalker and their klds. It gives you Mara Jade and Kyle Katarn and Kyp Durron. And I think it is the best story to tell that has the same feel as the original trilogy.

Plus the original actors are old enough to play the roles of that time period.

How about this cast?

Ulic Qel-Droma: Cannot find a good one yet.

Exar Kun: Jude Law

Nomi Sunstrider: Kate Beckinsale

Cay Qel-Droma: Chris Evans

Aleema Keto: January Jones

Satal Keto:Tom Hiddleston

Master Arca: Ian McKellen

Freedon Nadd: Ralph Fiennes

Queen Amanoa:Helena Bonham Carter

King Ommin: Anthony Hopkins

I imagine they would consider un-retiring if they were offered the sort of money such a movie would bring them.

They haven't done movies and keep good shape(compare to movie actors) for a long while. Let them return to the screen would simply ruin their heroic old images.

Edited by Slowpokeking

They haven't done movies and keep good shape(compare to movie actors) for a long while. Let them return to the screen would simply ruin their heroic old images.

Well, that's the good part about making it mostly about the kids. You couldn't make the original actors work for the Thrawn Trilogy, but you could for Darth Caedus. Luke and Leia and Han aren't the main characters. I think they can make Mark Hamill look like a presentable older Luke Skywalker and put Carrie Fisher on a diet long enough for a bit of screen time.

How about this cast?

Ulic Qel-Droma: Cannot find a good one yet.

Exar Kun: Jude Law

Nomi Sunstrider: Kate Beckinsale

Cay Qel-Droma: Chris Evans

Aleema Keto: January Jones

Satal Keto:Tom Hiddleston

Master Arca: Ian McKellen

Freedon Nadd: Ralph Fiennes

Queen Amanoa:Helena Bonham Carter

King Ommin: Anthony Hopkins

*shudder*

I just remembered why I don't want new Star Wars movies

Well, that's the good part about making it mostly about the kids. You couldn't make the original actors work for the Thrawn Trilogy, but you could for Darth Caedus. Luke and Leia and Han aren't the main characters. I think they can make Mark Hamill look like a presentable older Luke Skywalker and put Carrie Fisher on a diet long enough for a bit of screen time.

Eh. I actually think that Carrie Fisher's "matronly" frame deserves screen time.

I think start a new era should be the best. We don't have to worry about new actors at all.

The Great Sith War, KOTOR1&2 are far more epic than Darth Caedus' tale. As Jacen he is cool but as a villain he failed too quickly.

Edited by Slowpokeking

I think start a new era should be the best. We don't have to worry about new actors at all.

The Great Sith War, KOTOR1&2 are far more epic than Darth Caedus' tale. As Jacen he is cool but as a villain he failed too quickly.

Never going to happen. At least, not at first. They're going to build onto the established, mainstream and widely-known (and proven profitable) timeframe before taking a risk on anything else.

To add onto my other post, I would like to see a new movie on the Sith's perspective.

This is why I think it would be good to have a Revan movie(s) where we can see the Jedi and Sith, and how one person goes through the light and the dark side of the force.

TotJ and KOTOR are well known enough compare to Darth Cadeus' tale.

This isn't about what the events that follow RotJ are - as long as the events follow RotJ. It's the connection that matters, the continuation - not the content.

Edited by CelCawdro

This isn't about what the events that follow RotJ - as long as the events follow RotJ. It's the connection that matters, the continuation - not the content.

That is the problem, a lot of wars and events happened from ROTJ to Jacen became Darth Cadeus, there is not enough room to explain, such as Mara Jade, she made her first appearance in the Thrawn Trilogy and you cannot just let people know her well without a lot of explanation which the movie didn't have time and space to do so.

Also people would not want to see so much conflicts after such a massive battle in RotJ.