Bomber Drone kills should count the same as any Ship kill.

bigbobsr

Kill a Drone get the same credit all round as if you have killed a ship in Death Match and Domination. This might cut down the number a bomber would put out. Might make the placement of drones more creative.

Just a thought, please discuss.

Count the same as Req/participation, or as domination points ? Or both ?

I'd disagree a lot if it were about domination points. Drones and mines are easily destroyable, too easily destroyable and much less deadly to be on the same level of a player.

For requisition, it would be reasonable to assign a small amount- like a fifth or a fourth. It's trivial to kill a drone compared to a player, as the drone is stationary and has less health and shields. However, it definitely does take away from total damage done to player targets.

Clearly it should not count for a kill in TDM- that would be awful. Not even a fraction of a kill.

They're counted separately from player kills, and rightfully so.

On the Battle Record under Total Kills it says "Your total kills including other players, drones and objective(s)." Only other stat category I see is "Total Objective Turrets Killed".

Am I missing something?

I disagree.

This would encourage leaving the bomber alive to continually drop drones as you follow it farming ship-req. No, that is not a good mechanic. You kill the drones because you want the ship req of the kill + the ship req of the cap. That encourages team driven play.

A bomber gets credit for all the kills/assists it's drones do, why shouldn't the drone kills/assists count at least partially so?

Right now drone kills count for nothing in game from what I have seen. When I have been in a game where I haven't killed any players but taken out drones it shows 0 kills for me and only the assists I did against actual players. I don't think you even get any ship req points for them either. I could be mistaken.

Maybe a medal award system for drone kills as for sat defense turrets? With the appropriate nerffed points awarded.

If there is actual evidence or official BW or SWTOR site that list what targets give what points I would like to know.

Yes the points probably need to be nerffed vs ship kills. I mentioned 5 drone kills = 1 ship kill OR at least 1 ship req point per drone..........some kind of reward (again if any given please tell us where this may be verified).

I am not QQing about bombers or the pilots and such. Just want some credit of some kind for killing drones that's all. If I am totally wrong about not getting any credit I apologize, I am not to good about figuring this out.

Thanks for your comments...................bob

A bomber gets credit for all the kills/assists it's drones do, why shouldn't the drone kills/assists count at least partially so?

Right now drone kills count for nothing in game from what I have seen. When I have been in a game where I haven't killed any players but taken out drones it shows 0 kills for me and only the assists I did against actual players. I don't think you even get any ship req points for them either. I could be mistaken.

Maybe a medal award system for drone kills as for sat defense turrets? With the appropriate nerffed points awarded.

If there is actual evidence or official BW or SWTOR site that list what targets give what points I would like to know.

Yes the points probably need to be nerffed vs ship kills. I mentioned 5 drone kills = 1 ship kill OR at least 1 ship req point per drone..........some kind of reward (again if any given please tell us where this may be verified).

I am not QQing about bombers or the pilots and such. Just want some credit of some kind for killing drones that's all. If I am totally wrong about not getting any credit I apologize, I am not to good about figuring this out.

Thanks for your comments...................bob

This is like saying that your missile gets a kill, so avoiding a missile should count for your side, cause they wasted a missile.

Don't allow someone to help the other side, without a suicide...

I think we should get small amounts of req for drone/mine kills, but no way should anyone ever be awarded a kill on the scoreboard.

You do? Counts like defensive turrets in domination. Or did I read that wrong on the earnings screen?