Seeking assurances from Bioware

I would like assurances from Bioware for the following:

1) There will be no closed testing on future operations without restrictions on being able to claim first kills.

2) No guilds will be given preferential transfers onto the PTS.

3) All guilds will have equal opportunity to transfer to the PTS.

4) All developer tips wil be given publicly (a la WOW blue posts or SWTOR yellow posts) and not directly in game.

For me these are important issues of equality and fairness.

1) There will be no closed testing on future operations without restrictions on being able to claim first kills.

4) All developer tips wil be given publicly (a la WOW blue posts or SWTOR yellow posts) and not directly in game.

I'll definitely sign this. However, the guilds for the most part were good about this. Methodical publicly announced their withdrawal from the progression race because they had transfers. I wish more people were as mature as them! Though, their guild information states 'mature adults', so I guess it holds true.

I hate to say this because i strongly believe in fair progression but its not going to happen.

Progression in SWTOR is just not the same as it is in wow with 100's of guilds competing for those top spots.

I hate to say this because i strongly believe in fair progression but its not going to happen.

Progression in SWTOR is just not the same as it is in wow with 100's of guilds competing for those top spots.

To be fair, progression competition can exist if only two guilds were there. As long as one guild viewed it as a competition, then it was a competition. Competitiveness is what keeps players on their toes and playing at their best. Without it, people are 'stuck' enjoying content ;)

All joking aside, a lot of the top PvE guilds (if not all) enjoy competitiveness among each other. To say that it doesn't exist because its not involving thousands and thousands of guilds isn't fair.

I completely agree with the 1st and 4th point. With 3 I agree this should be the case so long as those that are transferred post proper feedback to the developers about the new content. With 2 I think if certain guilds have a reputation of giving particularly useful feedback then I think they should get preferential treatment to those that don't actually test and using the PTS just for progression/learning the fights. It is the public TEST server afterall, for bioware to get to know if it is working as intended.

I completely agree with the 1st and 4th point. With 3 I agree this should be the case so long as those that are transferred post proper feedback to the developers about the new content. With 2 I think if certain guilds have a reputation of giving particularly useful feedback then I think they should get preferential treatment to those that don't actually test and using the PTS just for progression/learning the fights. It is the public TEST server afterall, for bioware to get to know if it is working as intended.

Content can be tested without giving preferetial treatment. The guilds who were testing 1.4 hasn't done something so outlandishly exclusive that other guilds can't. What you think about exclusive testing is killing the world progression race.

Because unless you used the character transfer from the 1.3 PTS you could not transfer to the 1.4 PTS.

However, bioware gave a few guilds transfers to test the end game. Therefore these guilds had an unfair advantage on this occasion only. Bioware apologised for this and stated the reason as lack of resources.

Normally all progress guilds would get on the PTS to test, this is a good thing. However for this PTS only selected guilds got to play it, and they also got developper help from the now infamous Martin Smith. However, us unfavoured guilds had to work the mechanics out ourselves once the patch went live.

You can see that CKN killed the 3rd boss around an hour after the second boss. Without knowing the mechanics first this would have been inconceivable.

On this occasion only the testing phase was unfair, in no way do I blame CKN we would have done the exact same thing as them. This as the OP relates is a Bioware issue that I do not think is right and that's why I want certain assurances from them so that we are not frustrated, dissappointed and upset next patch.

Edited by earsrgood