Operations Chief and other "long encounters"

In this fight there is no reliably way to get your entire raid group to go out of combat once you engaged the various teams. I am wondering how in torparse other people can get their logs to show only the boss fight itself. For example Operations Chief in torparse/statistics 16-m HM/NIM. http://www.torparse.com/statistics

This is not the only boss there is also Olok the Shadow. I had a talk on the sniper forums and he mentioned that he goes out of combat the time in between when Olok spawns and the top most row of the droids. However iirc, when me and my guild did it in 16-man, we had to wait close to a minute before olok spawned becasue we DPS'd the phase too fast, and not once did i go out of combat.

Edited by paowee

its pretty easy not to aggro droid pats...once all teams are dead combat drops. If its still a problem goto torparse.com and edit operations chief fight by time. Find your first attack against just him and go from there.

its pretty easy not to aggro droid pats...once all teams are dead combat drops. If its still a problem goto torparse.com and edit operations chief fight by time. Find your first attack against just him and go from there.

Hah i guess that will solve that for ops chief. We normally just cc pats along the way. Do you also experience leaving combat during the downtime between Olok and the last row of droids?

Yep. We always seem to have 3 big droids in our final row, but when we don't we can exit combat for a good 10 seconds. We abuse this by having everyone charge up etc.

Can't recall myself leaving combat during that downtime... Will keep an eye out for it next week.

Those fights aren't really good parsing fights anyway. I think the Cartel Warlords is the best fight to compare just single-target dps. The writhing Horror is a good example to compare AoE damage. As for juggling single-target dps, AOE, and Target-switching, Dash'roode is pretty good and so is Titan. Styrak is going to be the most important parse though. Its really the only fight in the game where dps checks are significant. Golden Fury does have somewhat of a tight enrage timer, but his enrage really isn't that deadly. Edited by bbare

still getting bad luck with olok have had a 3 big droid last row every week now. We have the 3rd big droid at like 15% usually when olok spawns so still havent been able to drop combat. Edited by Ansalem

• 2 months later...

I just want to ask about a related topic.

We face serious problems in nightmare mode, when terminate is casted (Shadow + Vanguard tank). So we both have one Cooldown that reduces the damage reliable. What do you use as second CD to survive?

We face serious problems in nightmare mode, when terminate is casted (Shadow + Vanguard tank). So we both have one Cooldown that reduces the damage reliable. What do you use as second CD to survive?

Shadows can use deflection, the 25% damage reduction and an Adrenal. Vanguards can use Reactive Shield and Adrenal (It may be possible to use adrenaline rush but I am not sure if that would work). Beyond that you need to have the tank at 100% health and get hit by nothing else.

Blow your preferred cooldown, have the other tank taunt the boss off you and keep him until the next terminate using his preferred cooldown. Etc.