Crash/Freeze After Game Quit Since 1.4

DroidDreamer

Since 1.4, without any other changes to my PC setup or configuration, I've experienced occasional crashes/freezes when closing SWTOR. I hit the quit button and then the screen freezes. I usually have to alt-tab out and right-click the system tray button for SWTOR and hit close or use the task manager to end the process. Anyone else having this problem?

I had this when it was on PTS. To me it seemed like it was somehow related to the sound card issues. Anytime I had this sort of problem it was after a big audio glitch. I haven't had a problem with this on the version that went live though. Edited by losdia

• 4 months later...

I develop this problem if I have played for an extended amount of time (more than 2-3 hours). The game has a rather bad memory leak issue and it builds up in Ram (i've seen the game in excess of 3 gigs in ram after a 6 hr marathon) and bogs everything down. I've taken to closing out the game about once every 2 hours or so and it prevents that from happening.

Slightly annoying but.. meh it is what it is. If I have to use the task manager to close the game I get a little more annoyed.

The wife and I have the same issue. Hers is much worse than mine though. Mine is frustrating, hers is getting to the point where the game is unplayable. Constant lag spikes, and kicked out to that infinite load screen.

Odd, I can play hours upon hours of planetside2 and EvE online and never once CTD, crash to a load screen, or see huge constant lag-spikes. I get out of those games and play SWTOR and BAM it's lag spikes, CTD's, and kicked to that ever-frustrating infinite load-screen. Again the wife has more crashed than I do even though we use the same "inter-tubes".

Of course Bioware Customer Support just tells everyone the problem is our problem, and that ev erything is fine on their end. LOL, and some people wonder how this game lost so many subscribers after the first 3-months.