New End Game Player!?! HELP!

NinjaNard

Got a 52 Sith Jug Tank but am only in the early stages of Voss, overdid FP's and OCD'd on mission completion!

I have the full Makeb upgrade set from the fleet but am confused as to what I should now be aiming for upgrade wise? I have read duffys guide for endgame but considering I will be around 55 when I finish Makeb due to over levelling I'm confused as to which comms I should be collecting and what types of missions to join?!?

Is there a way to exchange comms you don't want or do you just upgrade your companions?!?

P.S I have around 50 classic comms and 30 planetary at the moment...

Edited by NinjaNard

you have now 58 gear i suppose

next tier will be 61 - campaign for classic comms and black hole from HM50 flashpoints

that can be done while ending your story line

then run Makeb - story, dailies, staged weekly, GSI weekly and Section X also

that's for basic comms - you can buy basic 66 gear with them

then run 55HM flashpoints to get 69 gear :-)

Edited by pan_sObak

Cheers! Is there any point in getting full 61 gear before I move on to the next level of gear?

Think of it differently - you can be acquiring classic and basic comms at the same time. There's no point in avoiding 61 gear or "waiting" until you have higher-level comms. When you can upgrade something to 61, do it. When you can upgrade something further, do it.

And you literally can't run enough FP's. End game fun revolves around playing your role well in a group. FP's are a fantastic way to do that.

Think of it differently - you can be acquiring classic and basic comms at the same time. There's no point in avoiding 61 gear or "waiting" until you have higher-level comms. When you can upgrade something to 61, do it. When you can upgrade something further, do it.

And you literally can't run enough FP's. End game fun revolves around playing your role well in a group. FP's are a fantastic way to do that.

Yeah that's what I wanted to know, I have been used to upgrading everything at the same time through 'story mode', time to start upgrading as I go! Thanks for the help! :)

Is there a way to exchange comms you don't want or do you just upgrade your companions?!?

Since no one responded to this part of your question...

There is no way to exchange Comms you don't want, and if you continue on to doing Endgame content, you may eventually reach a point where you're acquiring Comms that are the currency for gear that is worse than what that particular toon is equipped with (e.g., Classic Comms when your character is in Arkanian)

There are lot of things you could do with them:

• Buy Commendation-only items. For example, some craft schematics can only be purchased with Classic or Basic Comms. There are a couple of speeders that can only be had with Classics. There's an item required to fight Nightmare Pilgrim (Voss world boss) that can be had for Classic Comms, or crafting material (Isotope-5) that comes from Basics.
  • Use them, as you suggested, to kit out a Companion. This may be especially useful to you if you decide you want to solo endgame content (such as Dailies) and/or the additional challenge of undermanning things like the HM FPs.
  • If you have the Gree Reputation for it, you can also use the Comms to purchase items to gear up alts (if you have any) of an equivalent level. It can get kind of pricey, but most of the Commendation gear comes with mods which can be extracted from the shell, stuck into a piece of Gree armor or a weapon (Bind to Legacy), and sent to another toon via the mail system.

Cheers! Is there any point in getting full 61 gear before I move on to the next level of gear?

No, if you can get higher gear - do it

58 gear is enough to run all Makeb quests - the main source of basic comms

running straight in HM55 Flashpoints in 61 gear or less can be rather heavy - it can be done but you should know your class and role perfectly to be well performing

and one more

first piece should be bought with classic comms - 61 offhand

first piece should be bought with basiccomms - 66 mainhand

then equip head, chest and leggins if possible

Edited by pan_sObak