Let's hear from July people already playing and still waiting

VinceTam

Since they are doing it to make sure their servers can handle the load (games runs smooth, BTW) and people actually, you know, go home then it would make no sense to give people access if the network support staff isn't there to make the needed adjustments

You know, logic and all that jazz

One of the most anticipated games of the year with so many pre-orders and they are not able to go through some night shifts for the benefit of their customers? :)

One of the most anticipated games of the year with so many pre-orders and they are not able to go through some night shifts for the benefit of their customers? :)

Just because you can't wait doesn't mean they should uproot their people's lives. The first time they do that it'll go from 'desired' to 'expected'. That, in fact, is why I refused to get into networking... being on-call 24/7 sucks

Everyone had access to the same information. They told us all it was first come first served, the biggest fans were watching the forums and between emails and the ads online it was no secret when the pre-order was announced. Why should BioWare cater to people that didn't pay attention, didn't care or didn't plan their finances?

Why should BioWare cater to people that didn't pay attention, didn't care or didn't plan their finances?

I guess one answer would be: because these people pay their wages too. And their future wages.

I'm not into an argument here. I'm simply pointing out that they could have done it another way which would have probably endear them to their customers.