HK demaning a Hardmode FP? You've got to be kidding me...

Elikal

Seriously, what were they thinking? HK quest demands a HM?

Now I tried this with 3 groups, and ALL of them failed with me. I mean, I am a day one subscriber, I put reasonable effort into my level 50ies, but not that grindy super gear. Normal good endgame gear. And we just got owned by these bosses. And no, we KNEW what we were doing. Yea, yadda yadda, you all did it, HOW GREAT FOR YOU. But why the heck does Bioware force a HM on us, who don't like this sort of HM-grind needed to survive?

So now you add new content, but limit it to grinders? Well, player Bioware, well played.

Like not!

Ya know, THAT is what SUX about SWTOR, and why I so passionately hate WOW: They introduced this idea, you need to grind some gear by doing quests over and over in some repetitive grind mill, to "unlock" the same dungeon in a more difficult mode. Why would any sane person enjoy doing the same quests or dungeons over and over? Thats not fun or entertainment, that's a goddamn punishment! This idea of prolonging a game content by grind demands to see some endgame stuff is what I vividly, passionately hate.

And especially in a STORY driven Star Wars MMO! Since when does the STORY of a Sith or a Jedi or what contain grinding the same bosses over and over? Thats not STORY, thats bollocks!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You only have to do it once for the part. Is that really so bad?

Sorry you got fail groups, I'd run it with you if I was on the same server. I'm really shocked that you've failed at all though, at this point most people outgear these hard modes so much they're a walk in the park. I've been running hard mode dailes via group finder since 1.3 and I have yet to have failed any hard mode other than Lost Island before it was nerfed.

I can only say LOL to this. Foundry HM is a joke as you can skip almost the entire FP. And if 4 of you can't clear it in recruit gear then I can only say it is sad that you learned nothing in all 50 levels you gained. Just group up with people who know what they're doing and you'll be fine.

I went through it on the first try. It was my first time healing since release, I also had pvp dps gear. It was also the tanks first time tanking, that being said we also had another tank there but he wasn't in the threat mode. So our group make up was horrible, yet the instance was so simple.

Now I tried this with 3 groups, and ALL of them failed with me. I mean, I am a day one subscriber, I put reasonable effort into my level 50ies, but not that grindy super gear. Normal good endgame gear. And we just got owned by these bosses. And no, we KNEW what we were doing. Yea, yadda yadda, you all did it, HOW GREAT FOR YOU. But why the heck does Bioware force a HM on us, who don't like this sort of HM-grind needed to survive?

So now you add new content, but limit it to grinders? Well, player Bioware, well played.

Like not!

Ya know, THAT is what SUX about SWTOR, and why I so passionately hate WOW: They introduced this idea, you need to grind some gear by doing quests over and over in some repetitive grind mill, to "unlock" the same dungeon in a more difficult mode. Why would any sane person enjoy doing the same quests or dungeons over and over? Thats not fun or entertainment, that's a gosh darn punishment! This idea of prolonging a game content by grind demands to see some endgame stuff is what I vividly, passionately hate.

And especially in a STORY driven Star Wars MMO! Since when does the STORY of a Sith or a Jedi or what contain grinding the same bosses over and over? Thats not STORY, thats bollocks!

That Flashpoint was actually hard back in January/February. Since then our gear progresses significantly and Flashpoints got nerfed hard. There is no way you shouldn't be able to run Maelstrom/Foundry HM within 20 minutes with no wipe and a group finder party. If it's a problem then you want to rethink that you "knew what you were doing..." Foundry / Maelstrom was the easiest and fastest part of the quest. Didn't have to scans for components. :L

*Sith Warrior voice* Is there a problem here? :rak_02:

Yes. Instead of making us to go on ne adventures they send us to recover a chip which is in possession of Revan himself... Who we killed back in December! This is awful :l But the fp is damn easy.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

I have carried dozens of fresh 50s through dozens of hardmodes. Maybe you don't deserve the new companion if you cannot even complete one hard mode. What do you do at 50 if you can't even do hard modes? Just level another character? What do you need HK-51 for then?

I can 100% guarantee you the only thing stopping you from completing the level 50 version of the foundry is yourself.

I went through it on the first try. It was my first time healing since release, I also had pvp dps gear. It was also the tanks first time tanking, that being said we also had another tank there but he wasn't in the threat mode. So our group make up was horrible, yet the instance was so simple.

Yep, our party make-up was less than optimal also lol, to say the least. Assassin tank great, Jugg tank in tanking gear DPSing((me)not so great) Jugg tank in DPS gear DPSing(better than me at least :p) Merc healer with okish gear.

Other than the healer dying once because everyone was busy trying to beat the enrage timer we did fine. After that death, I watched him closer and offtanked when needed. We never even came close to a second death. It was my first time in Foundry HM, also the other Juggs first time in foundry period.

None of the gear I have is from an Op, it’s all orange/drop purple with Daily 51 armorings and 50/51 mods an such, so no, I’m not waaay over gearing it and neither were the rest of the group. Play smart and have a semi-competent tank/healer and you should breeze through that place.

Did HM MP on my sentinel with a vanguard tank and our two healing companions. With the 1.3 nerfs to the flashpoint, I don't understand how a full group can possibly fail it unless they're deliberately trying to do so. If you failed there is absolutely no way you "know what you're doing".

Like not!

Ya know, THAT is what SUX about SWTOR, and why I so passionately hate WOW: They introduced this idea, you need to grind some gear by doing quests over and over in some repetitive grind mill, to "unlock" the same dungeon in a more difficult mode. Why would any sane person enjoy doing the same quests or dungeons over and over? Thats not fun or entertainment, that's a gosh darn punishment! This idea of prolonging a game content by grind demands to see some endgame stuff is what I vividly, passionately hate.

Boo hoo... welcome to MMOs. A game that in part needs other people to play with. If you guys knew what you were doing, like you claimed, then you wouldnt have failed. If not for this repeatable content that you despise this game would have been dead after 2 months.

Tried that. Didn't work.

find a better group

edit:

I did the heroic with my Marauder, whom i had abandoned a week after hitting 50 (little over 2 months after launch AND my only lvl 50 so far), wearing a mix of recruit gear and other gear from the few heroics i did. We had absolutely no problem with any of the bosses. We also skipped half the trash mobs in the instant and pushed over half the ones we fought out of the map (in pits, etc.) The instance was over in about 40-45 minutes, and we went all the way to the last boss (instead of some people that just leave after beating the HK).

Edited by Zangaboing

Yes its bad.

find a better group

Correction, find a better game, SWTOR is going no story grind raids for 6 months for gear, thats also available in immensly better incarnation in other games.

So SWTOR has no strenghts any more.

GG

Edited by GrandMike

Sorry you got fail groups, I'd run it with you if I was on the same server. I'm really shocked that you've failed at all though, at this point most people outgear these hard modes so much they're a walk in the park. I've been running hard mode dailes via group finder since 1.3 and I have yet to have failed any hard mode other than Lost Island before it was nerfed.

Most likely he failed because he kept getting unlucky in the group setup. The GF was probably full of solo players that dont know jack about grouping. These same solo players claim that grouping is easy and soloing is harder so they should get the best gear by soloing too.

Most likely he failed because he kept getting unlucky in the group setup. The GF was probably full of solo players that dont know jack about grouping. These same solo players claim that grouping is easy and soloing is harder so they should get the best gear by soloing too.

Soloing is harder than grouping. Its a fact.

HM Foundry is as easy as HM Black Talon, and I'd say the Padawan at the end has caused more wipes because people take her lightly.

My group make up was me, first time jugg tank, I equipped the +41 endurance crystal

DPS respeced as heals

another DPS

and a COMPANION.

we wiped the floor with the instance.

I'd like to give a shout out to free sub respec! AWESOME

Question, were you able to solo the last class quest? I bet you needed help

Edited by Kortan