Make Light Side Jaesa Willsaam Romance-able

Spoonuser

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are going light side, then Vette already fills that option. What I really want is for going darkside to be less idiotic...

The fact dark side is so idiotic is the reason why many players are sit neutral siders, but we are son of a minor god, no romences and no objects for our alignment :D

Am I the only one playing the dark side here for purposes playing on the dark side? While I understand the pretense of a light side Jaesa when you work up the light side - but your playing as Sith - if you want light side role a Jedi.

:):) Thanks for bringing up what I was thinking. If you role a sith then your dark. I haven't really read a SW book that states other wise. If there is one. Reference it so That I can read it. :)

BTW... The Sith Jugg seems to follow the story/idea of the SW book Darth Bane. If I remember correctly.

What makes it idiotic? just curious

- Do you want candies or cake?

- Mwahhhhhh!! KILL YA !!

Also look for Vectivus.

There are plenty LS Sith. The reason is that LS =/= good. Those are two different moral ladders. LS = lawful evil, chaotic neutral, etc. You still do acts that are considered as evil according to our modern standards.

So to the guy telling that if you want to play LS play a Jedi: you don't know what you are talking about at all, and open your mind.

Edited by Ethern

Maybe the only reason she's into you as a DS is because of your power and as a LS version she's just not that into you the person.

I mean it happens often enough in real life, just because you want to romance somebody doesn't mean they will ever return your feelings.

Edited by StarMagus

Signed.

She's rejected the Jedi's teachings, it's them that say you have to be in control of your emotions and stuff, not the Light Side per se.

Would be a nice option surely!

I mean come on, any lass who is calling you "Master", who wouldn't want it!

- Do you want candies or cake?

- Mwahhhhhh!! KILL YA !!

Also look for Vectivus.

There are plenty LS Sith. The reason is that LS =/= good. Those are two different moral ladders. LS = lawful evil, chaotic neutral, etc. You still do acts that are considered as evil according to our modern standards.

So to the guy telling that if you want to play LS play a Jedi: you don't know what you are talking about at all, and open your mind.

/clap

i agree completely im light side sith and i love it, i get to prove soo many ppl wrong and go against the norm, but i like Jaesa way more then Vette, Vette is kinda annoying imo and i like the story behind me and jaesa trying to reform the sith from the inside, so why cant i romance her, there were 2 options to flirt with her when i got her in that first convo on the ship with baras, but that it is. So really bioware, why cant i romance her

Agreed. I waited so long to get to Jaesa. Saying i dont want to kill her and making every light side choice possible. Isnt that what the game is about if you want to romance light side Jaesa you can, if not dont. My story arc feels somewhat lessened now that i know you cant romance her. Yes i know you can still romance vette if youe light side but again i choose jaesa instead. WHo agrees that this game is about living out a story of your own and if you want to go one way you can and if not you can go the other.

Light side all the way here, and I'm kinda glad she's not a romance option. What I can draw from 44 levels, 3 chapters, and about 6000 affection points is that I'm supposed to be her master and teacher, helping her to understand how Sith can be light side, change the empire from within and all the other doomed-to-fail stuff. Any romantic relationship would seem too much like sexual assault to me. Edited by notamisfit

/Signed

I now have Jaesa at 10k affection, and the only thing near romance was the "We should procreate - Our child would have great benefits" choise at the 9k conversation.

Also there is no 10k conversation. That made me sad as hell!

You guys do realize when you are making this choice you are doing so for Jaesa and not your toon. You are choosing how you want Jaesa to act and behave not your warrior. Does this affect your warrior yes it does but from jaesa's perspective not yours. This is why having choices and choosing is so important. Same goes for doing quests or flash points, your choices have impact so choose wisely.

I p[ray that BW does nothing to "fix" this or why even bother. It's like when I found out in beta after I picked my AC there was no going back, i realize how great this was. Make a choice and make it count. This is not WoW no mater how much you want it to be so stop with the complaining and love the game for what they created it to be.

I honestly would like to see this. Leveling up my marauder as LS right now, on my DS Jugg I just couldn't stand Jaesa, she's just way too much "LOL IM SITH!! I KILL EVERYTHING!!!" and so I treated her like crap. LS Jaesa is a far better character IMO, however I doubt they will ever change this so I guess I'm stuck with Vette.

First of all, if you DO NOT want light side Jaesa as a romance option, you don't need to be posting in this thread. It was a post to request for that to happen, and if you don't want the option, it being there would not effect you. Hindering choices for other players is not a way to extend the life of the game and keep players around.

With as much emphasis as story has in this game, we should be able to craft (within reason) the story we wish our characters to have. If I'm romancing light side Jaesa and you don't want to even have that option... Guess what? What happens on my ship stays on my ship. It doesn't have to happen on yours. So trolls please step into the reactor and proceed to incinerate. It amazes me how trolls want to whine about people having game experience choices that won't effect them personally what-so-ever.

Now, onto the constructive feedback.

I'm one of the many that had no idea making Jaesa light sided would bar her from romance options. It seems like this was an extreme oversight. While I agree that she should not be a loose woman like her dark side version, I could see light side Jaesa requiring 10,000/10,000 Affection in order to bed/marry her.

Jaesa is by far one of the most compelling characters I've seen in any game... And that's because of the amazing story that lead to her joining me in the first place. I immediately formed an attachment to the character, as have many others. Not being able to take the story further with her light incarnation is disheartening.

She is your apprentice and you're teaching her the path of true light. Love is generally associated with light, and it's natural that two people spending the type of time a Master/Apprentice do together, could in fact, fall in love.

Choices would still matter. Dark Jaesa becomes a very loose woman who just wants the physical romp. Light Jaesa should rightfully fall in love with your character and be much more loving and proper about it. In either case, you should be able to ignore the romance options if you desire, so fear not trolls, it wouldn't 'ruin' your game.

Please add her as a light side romance option. It's a small change that will increase the fun factor for many Sith Warriors, and alleviate much disappointment/frustration we've found since discovering that she is not romanceable in her current state.

Also, not everyone has a desire to have alts. I'm a one character kind of guy. I don't think it's an acceptable answer to tell me to roll another toon or reroll as an alignment that I have no desire to play, just so I can have the romance option I desire for my character. (Plus I wouldn't like Jaesa nearly as much if she were evil.)

I hate to sound like one of those 'I'm quitting' kind of people, but if that option doesn't come along, the game feels broken from me at this stage. My storyline has flowed nicely and has been enjoyable, but that's a key part of my character's story development that is lacking for me, so I'll probably unsubscribe until if/when it gets added as an option. I'm sure other people might just play another toon or start over, but I'm paying to play the toon I want to play, and I'm only going to pay for that so long as the game is fun. This one tiny part makes it feel broken because the story is so compelling up until this point.

Edited by vemerce

Can't you just choose DS for Jaesa and use diplomacy / gifts to romance her if you're LS? This seems like a solid option for we Diplomats.

I think it's for RP purposes. DS Jaesa absolutely detests LS Sith and goes out on some sadistic LS Sith killing spree which was really grim.

I think BW will probably end up adding in some of these romances which aren't currently in the game in a future expansion, it probably isn't a top priority now though. I'll hold off the Vette romance until that day comes I guess.

Edited by Romick

So if you try to press a relationship with (a hypothetically romanceable) LS Jaesa and she consents, is she consenting as a woman who has fallen in love with you, or as an apprentice sworn to follow her master's orders? And if you're the sort of character who doesn't care, are you really Light Side?

I can't think of a real life educational institute that wouldn't consider this a major breach of ethics, and real life military/paramilitary organizations throw people in jail for this sort of thing. I think if they make it possible, it should be a *major* Dark Side hit.