Acceptable Risk

ReddNekk

Of course then you'd miss the fun of skirting the outpost as much as possible and then when you're spotted, yelling RUN!!!! and leaving Jorgan to keep the elites busy for a couple precious seconds while you get as far as possible. Good times....

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
This was very hard to figure out at first. The other comments were not very helpful so after finding Wilkes Base I wanted to post this.

You have to travel to the 'The Dune Sea' area which is in the western area of Tatooine. Once your in 'The Dune Sea' you follow the eastern wall of that area south. You will get to an area with of sand people camps. In there you will see a Bounty Hunter quest area that you can't enter. Just a tad bit south of that is a small easy to miss tunnel that you can go through headed east. You will come out into an area called the Central Chasm. Follow the road south it the area will change to the Southern Chasm. Then you will get to the Wilkes Base.

Good Luck Troopers I hope it helps others...

Thanks,

Psyberken

This helped. Thanks a lot. :)

By the way the name of that tunnel, which doesn't even show up on the Dune Sea map is "Bantha's Drift".

But.. Before that.. I can't believe I spent more than an hour on a completely futile endeavour of getting there, moving around, jumping cliffs, getting killed by Imperial Guards, dying again and again and .. for what? The mission itself only takes like 2 minutes?!

• 2 months later...
I had a hard time with the coordinates.....the best way is to fly in to Outpost Salara....head up the hill northwest of the landing point. Go left across a stone bridge and not much farther ahead on your left look for the flags and the bones. That is the Outlaws Den (PVP area)....cut through there and keep following the path on the map towards your green arrow. Look out for Imps.

Outlaws Den is also the destination to fulfill the Lawless Sands quest at the Bounty Board.

This is the one that worked for me.

• 2 months later...

This confused me for ages but you need to head to Outpost Thorazan then head SE to the cliffs and head south towards the Imperial Base Outpost Zaroshe. BEFORE you get to the imperial base there is a Sand People area and the exact location you are looking for is called 'Banthan Drifts' The Coordinates to the cave entrance are -708, -893.

Hope this helps as previous coordinates were incorrect and will send you way down the bottom of the map like I was for 20 mins

• 1 month later...

Coordinates (-707,483) are incorrect. :(

I don't know why when you open the map it first shows those (it does this everywhere), but take a step forward with your map open and they suddenly change to where you actually are :mad: . The maps are kinda dumb like that, as someone has previously mentioned...

Coordinates ** (-708, -893) ** are accurate, I just ran it. :)

You head to Outpost Thorazan, then southeast (down and right) on the map till you see an area with a stone arch. Its slightly south of the arch on the wall. The other end of the tunnel comes out slightly south of the PVP area Outlaws' Den, then its a straight shot to the entrance.

Edited by Errech
Mispelling

• 3 months later...

Well, since I was searching for several hours despite the tips I've read, I add my own, standing right in front of Wilkes' Base.

The koordinates shown on my minimap are

X: -278 Y: 761 Z: 443

All the Dune Sea comments are confusing me because I never left Jundland to get here. The entrance is in Jundland - Southern Chasm, right south and a little bit west of Mos Anek, exactly west of Outpost Varath near the left corner of the Jundland map. I had to go through the PVP Area to reach it without going through Mos Anek.

Oh, when you start from Outpost Salara, go first a little south, turn west to get up there (don't follow the valley to Dune Sea!), then follow the trail north west until you reach the PVP Area (all the flags are clearly visible), then cross the PVP Area to the south, get past Zaroshe and all the way down south on the map.

Hope this post will help.

• 3 months later...

There's no risk involved if you know how to get there.

- You can go through Outlaw's Den (will flag you for PvP)

- You can go through Imperial outpost (will flag you for PvP + little to no chance to get through)

- You can go through cave from Dune Sea and never get flagged for PvP or have to run from high level champions.

http://i.imgur.com/0RuSR9A.jpg (my character is standing at the cave entrance)

Edited by Halinalle

• 9 months later...
This was very hard to figure out at first. The other comments were not very helpful so after finding Wilkes Base I wanted to post this.

You have to travel to the 'The Dune Sea' area which is in the western area of Tatooine. Once your in 'The Dune Sea' you follow the eastern wall of that area south. You will get to an area with of sand people camps. In there you will see a Bounty Hunter quest area that you can't enter. Just a tad bit south of that is a small easy to miss tunnel that you can go through headed east. You will come out into an area called the Central Chasm. Follow the road south it the area will change to the Southern Chasm. Then you will get to the Wilkes Base.

Good Luck Troopers I hope it helps others...

Thanks,

Psyberken

This worked like a charm. Outside of the base go almost directly east. Then follow the wall south until you see the Sand People camps. Find the Imperial Phase you can't enter and then turn south again. stay along the wall and around a corner is a small passage that isn't marked on your map. No need to die. :sy_title:

• 5 months later...
Gotta throw in my 2 cents. Who the **** designed this quest? I know someone posted a work around, but it's insane we even have to have one. This isn't some datacron I expect to have to spend a half an hour hopping pipes for, this is a companion mission! Epic fail design. 0/10...

• 9 months later...
What I did to get by the imperial outpost was just south of it is a pass that heads up into the mountains above the town and just walked along the ledges above it. Only problem is you have to jump down at the far side of the town where champions are but I just made elara take healing aggro as I ran like hell.

I just did it the same way. But, when I got to the end of the ledge I was able to jump down onto the wall of the compound, above the taxi pad where a few Champions were. I jumped off the wall far enough away from them that I could mount and fly behind the pad and off to the target! WooHOO!!