The problem with the new moddable patterns

Tragamite

There is an issue with the new patterns that crafters have been given, no one needs them!

By level 52-55 the player base has found the look they want for themselves and the new gear especially with no prelaid mods are an inconvenience at best for someone to consider switching to them.

The cartel market gives players all kinds of adaptive gear that can be worn at level 10 thus setting up a crafting market crash!

Crafted gear needs to stay competitive with the market qs far as looks and effects and with endgame stats to make people choose to buy them.

I could not agree more. As soon as I saw the patterns available I said to myself, "OK focus on augments again."; that's all I did prior to 2.0 too. The only thing I used those custom patterns for was to get to 450.

There is an issue with the new patterns that crafters have been given, no one needs them!

By level 52-55 the player base has found the look they want for themselves and the new gear especially with no prelaid mods are an inconvenience at best for someone to consider switching to them.

The cartel market gives players all kinds of adaptive gear that can be worn at level 10 thus setting up a crafting market crash!

Crafted gear needs to stay competitive with the market qs far as looks and effects and with endgame stats to make people choose to buy them.

Crafted gear doesn't make them money . Crafted gear to bioware is just something people do to gear companions or alts not to earn credits with.

I've sold quite a few of the new orange pieces, especially the new Knight chest piece. They sell well but I don't make them enough to list them on a regular basis when the MK-9's and augments sell for over 100k credits a piece whereas my orange pieces sell for 25k credits or more.

Orange crafted gear will never be able to "compite" with the adaptive armor. Like ever.

Crafted stuff has too many disadvanteges. It has requirement level, "weight", sometimes is class restricted, different looks depending on faction. Cartel market gear has none of that

Once they fix the crit craft appropriate augment slot problem, I'll be cranking away at top level oranges on my Synthweaver. I'm tired of spending time and money crafting augment kits and paying to put them on.

I've sold quite a few of the new orange pieces, especially the new Knight chest piece. They sell well but I don't make them enough to list them on a regular basis when the MK-9's and augments sell for over 100k credits a piece whereas my orange pieces sell for 25k credits or more.

Between 2 Synth, 2 Armor and an Arms I've sold exactly 3 pieces of orange gear. Another problem is you cannot RE them when they don't sell for the tenth try even at lowest of all prices on GTN.

There is a couple of ways that crafted gear can compete with Cartel Market

1- give crafted oranges a bonus stat or set bonus on top of armorings sets.

2- give crafted gear effects similar to items from market. This should effect armor as well as weapons.

3- give crafted gear that augments max augment kit rating regardless of item level crafted. Level 11 item mk-9 aug slot.

Just a few ideas but this game has become such a buyers market a crafter can't make a decent living. There needs to be some demand on items not obtained through the CM.

Between 2 Synth, 2 Armor and an Arms I've sold exactly 3 pieces of orange gear. Another problem is you cannot RE them when they don't sell for the tenth try even at lowest of all prices on GTN.

There is a couple of ways that crafted gear can compete with Cartel Market

1- give crafted oranges a bonus stat or set bonus on top of armorings sets.

2- give crafted gear effects similar to items from market. This should effect armor as well as weapons.

3- give crafted gear that augments max augment kit rating regardless of item level crafted. Level 11 item mk-9 aug slot.

Just a few ideas but this game has become such a buyers market a crafter can't make a decent living. There needs to be some demand on items not obtained through the CM.

I sold MUCH more crafted orange stuff

on Armomech and Armstech then you and keep selling, but I focus on very few items that look the best and I know people like and want (I use/want them myself). But of course the credits earned from that is NOTHING compared to what Biochem, Cybertech and/or Artifice can make on their 'main' stuff. Yes, there are Augments, but their prices will keep going down as always and they're NOT the main part of Armomech/Synth/Arms professions, like armorings/mods are for Cyber and enhancements/hilts/crystals for Artifice.

While Cybertechs and Artificers complain that Cartel Market destroyed their speeder/space-ship/crystal markets, they forget that it's a small part of their crafting professions while armors, clothes and guns are the main parts of Armormech, Synth & Armstech professions.

I love (a few of) the new custom armor patterns! My only issue with it is when I get a crit on a level 54 item (the same level as the items I RE for Grade 9 Aug kit parts), it has a grade 7 augment slot in it. *** Bioware.

I sold MUCH more crafted orange stuff

on Armomech and Armstech then you and keep selling, but I focus on very few items that look the best and I know people like and want (I use/want them myself). But of course the credits earned from that is NOTHING compared to what Biochem, Cybertech and/or Artifice can make on their 'main' stuff. Yes, there are Augments, but their prices will keep going down as always and they're NOT the main part of Armomech/Synth/Arms professions, like armorings/mods are for Cyber and enhancements/hilts/crystals for Artifice.

While Cybertechs and Artificers complain that Cartel Market destroyed their speeder/space-ship/crystal markets, they forget that it's a small part of their crafting professions while armors, clothes and guns are the main parts of Armormech, Synth & Armstech professions.

So is that my problem, I don't really think any of the new patterns look that good so I can't figure what people would like?

Crystals are a BIG part of Artifice and the CM did destroy that part of the profession, why buy a crystal with 13 whatever at level 22 when you can get a 41 at 10?

So is that my problem, I don't really think any of the new patterns look that good so I can't figure what people would like?
I haven't really got much new patters and tried to sell so I was mainly talking the old ones. Take Armomech for example. Commando Elite and Phobium sets are quite popular among Troopers. They look good and well, people simply want them. I use Commando Elite myself. Diatum, Chalon & Tempered are less popular than Commando Elite and Phobium (at least in my experience) but still sell. Especially when I'm the only person on GTN offering them lol which is quite often actually, tons of Armormech crafters completely ditched orange sets in favor of of Augments and while I sure do Augments/kits too for bigger cash, I didn't ditch armors. They take wayyyyy shorter to make than kits (especially MK-9).

Less experience with Armstech, but Havoc's Fist is for example a very popular assault cannon.

Crystals are a BIG part of Artifice and the CM did destroy that part of the profession, why buy a crystal with 13 whatever at level 22 when you can get a 41 at 10?
Because of the color. There was no +41 lvl 10 normal orange saber I wanted, so I didn't get one.

Armormech and Synthweaving are dead. Killed by Bioware to feed their greedy little Cartel Market which aims to gobble up everything. Why have crafters making cool gear when they can make extra cash controlling the supply of cool adaptive gear via the Cartel Market?

It should be no surprise to anyone that the new orange crafted sets they released are garbage. Garbage looks cut and pasted across multiple items, garbage level requirements and to add insult to injury they couldn't even be bothered to create boots and bracers for the sets. And all you get from crew mission are gloves gloves gloves and ..... gloves. This says it all, they just don't care, they don't want people crafting and competing with the Cartel Market.

Patch 2.1 looks to be doing nothing to address the serious problems with crafting, it is yet another Cartel Market focused patch. I'm getting very tired of it and close to voting with my feet.

Armormech and Synthweaving are dead. Killed by Bioware to feed their greedy little Cartel Market which aims to gobble up everything. Why have crafters making cool gear when they can make extra cash controlling the supply of cool adaptive gear via the Cartel Market?

It should be no surprise to anyone that the new orange crafted sets they released are garbage. Garbage looks cut and pasted across multiple items, garbage level requirements and to add insult to injury they couldn't even be bothered to create boots and bracers for the sets. And all you get from crew mission are gloves gloves gloves and ..... gloves. This says it all, they just don't care, they don't want people crafting and competing with the Cartel Market.

Patch 2.1 looks to be doing nothing to address the serious problems with crafting, it is yet another Cartel Market focused patch. I'm getting very tired of it and close to voting with my feet.

I think the "insult to injury" part was deciding that level 54 custom pieces give grade 7 augment slots on a crit. What's the point? You know I'm going to have to buy another MK-9 kit and install it anyways (which I get it I would have to do with any piece of gear but this is literally the highest level piece I can craft, and the exact same level as the gear I'm REing to get grade 9 aug kit parts).