The Old Republic Insider - April 2013

CourtneyWoods

Cathar - Am I the only person who doesn't think Cathar are anything to write home about?

Armor dyes though is GREAT news.

i am not concerned about cathars lol they are a cat race I honestly Dispite cats// I mean out of all The races Swtor could have chosen .. a cat was the best idea ? .... I fear The lack of creativity is Falling.. and very fast .. the game would have been a Bomb if a Xaleesh race or .. something els would of been released but . Cats ? lol thats a Huge *FacePalm* the second i heard swtor was releasing cats... :mad:

Edited by yosniel

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like what I' m hearing about the new options for appearance and armor color changes.

As for the endless whining about the cartel market: Come on people! I'm a subscriber and, in addition to the free coins every month, it seems like they hand out more coins every 60-90 days just for staying with the game. After three months I've got enough saved to buy pretty much anything in the market except for the hyper crates, usually in multiples.

No one in any hobby is going to give you every bell and whistle just because you pay for access to their playing field. It's going to either cost you time or real money.

I think the two main questions are: When is this coming out, and is it coming to the PTS?

I believe they said 5-8 weeks for release, so it could come out as early as the 14th. Hoping it will be on PTS but it's unlikely. Anyone have any other info on these questions?

They say 2.1 patch is coming next and that a 2.2 in 5 to 8 weeks i believe

http://www.polygon.com/2013/5/7/4309528/star-wars-the-old-republic-patches-dated-2-1-due-next-week

Edited by Jensaari

With the appearance designer kiosk opening with 2.1, will this eventually lead so that we can personlize companions in the future as well?

I would be awesome if we could tweek our companions more to making them unique in this game, disregarding the costumization packs we can/ could buy at the planetary vendors... :sy_companion:

Wish you could ACTUALLY recolor your armor and not just pick between a few pre-determined colors. There will be 48 different dye packs. Some will be a primary color, some will be a secondary color. Others will be both a primary and a secondary.

Has anyone actually played to see how this was done? Will it be possible to have any primary and any secondary, or is it as ti seems... We might get a Red-Blue pack but not a Purple-Pink pack?

Wish you could ACTUALLY recolor your armor and not just pick between a few pre-determined colors. There will be 48 different dye packs. Some will be a primary color, some will be a secondary color. Others will be both a primary and a secondary.

Has anyone actually played to see how this was done? Will it be possible to have any primary and any secondary, or is it as ti seems... We might get a Red-Blue pack but not a Purple-Pink pack?

Predetermined or not, this is definitely a good start.

I was excited about everything until the guy kept saying that one poisonous word.......Cartel, cartel, cartel, cartel, cartel. I know you pay 15 bucks a month but here pay more for something basic like armor dye and a barber shop.

Cartel Market

*battle droid from the phantom meanace* " CARTEL MARKET? RGR, RGR... wait... CARTEL MARKET DOES NOT COMPUTE....

DESTROY CARTEL MARKET ANNOMALY " :mad:

Edited by Freino

Suggestion to BW: Now that you've thoroughly milked the tron look, why not pilfer the look of some other sci fi greats... Id like to see an armor set that looks like the Terminator. Or perhaps you can go retro and give us some Battlestar Galactica Cylon Armor sets?