>>> Shadowlands 1v1 Dueling Tournament <<<

ParagonAX

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since I've made it the farthest with a non stealth class, requesting to switch to my shadow, Terethyn, for the last few fights. Any regular use of cloak+sap will cakewalk my mara.

Sorry, 1 toon per person.

Btw trying to find Zenod to duel, the winner will face you in LB finals.

Prizes will also be handed out to spectators.

Thesteve's got half a mil credits for the best dressed spectator when the finals go down! because he has nothing else to do with his vast fortune. yes, 'best dressed' is entirely subjective and up to whim. /cackle /wicked

Edited by Xahrackus

Hey guys, there have been some complaints that by trying to host the mini-event for the final 4 I've detracted from the original 48-hour per matchup schedule. This is failure on my part as the organizer and I apologize.

Dem/Zenod could you make sure to complete your duels by Sunday at 11EST?

Hey guys, there have been some complaints that by trying to host the mini-event for the final 4 I've detracted from the original 48-hour per matchup schedule. This is failure on my part as the organizer and I apologize.

Dem/Zenod could you make sure to complete your duels by Sunday at 11EST?

I'm forfeiting my duel. Better to let zenod have a chance then win and run into a quick 3-0 loss.

I'm forfeiting my duel. Better to let zenod have a chance then win and run into a quick 3-0 loss.

Thanks for participating so far! Great duels on your Mara - and you've won the bonus price for making it furthest as a non-stealth class. Congrats!

Edited by ParagonAX

The grand finals of the tournament is here!

Congrats Abdicate and Zenod for making it to the finals!

Please visit http://challonge.com/Shadowlands1v1 to see the brackets that led up to this point.

Note that Abdicate has a 1:0 advantage going into the finals, as winner of the upper bracket. Whoever wins round AC will be grand champion. Round AD will not be played.

Please report your results by posting here, latest by 11pm EST, on Monday March 4, 2013. Fraps/screenshots are encouraged but not required.

Good luck!

Congrats to Abdicate for being the Champion of this tournament!

Big shoutout and congrats to all participants for their efforts. Hope everyone had as much fun as I had :D

Final results are:

1. Abdicate (1 mil credits)

2. Zenod (500,000 credits)

3. Demelain (250,000 credits)

4. Viperin (150,000 credits)

Bonus price for non-stealth: Demelain (500,000 credits)

Prizes will be handed out in person to the winners.

This has been a great learning experience for me as well... I'm a little burnt out though :o Sorry to anyone I might have offended in upkeeping the rules of the tournament, my only intention was to keep it fair for everyone. Please forgive me if it was perceived not to be the case.

But stay tuned for the next tournament... more news to come :rak_03:

Edited by ParagonAX

Big shout out to viperin for hosting this event, you deserve the 150k :p

Totally agree. Next time, I think we should discuss the rules a bit more, to avoid things like sap regen for example. Anyway, you had a brilliant idea and gave to our server a pretty good event. Congratulations to you and for everyone who participated.

Well, and do other classes have a chance with sap regen? But as I said, we can discuss this, make a poll maybe, don't know, just saying.

Assassins aren't the only AC that can cloak/sap/regen. And Merkave isn't the only Sin/Shadow in the tournament. Merk isn't even the most skilled Sin/Shadow on the server. Hell, I'm sure he counted the cool million he made and said "man, its a good thing C.K. didn't enter with his operative, that thing is OP."

Here's why he won. He looked at the rules and said "this gives me the best chance of winning, I want to win it all." If the rules were different and another class had an advantage... He probably would have played a different class. And probably still would have won.

http://www.sirlin.net/ptw-book/intermediates-guide.html