so world pvp in 1.7 yes or no?

LUCASCASADEIS

Ok... to be fair, I had a completely opposite experience in Outlaws Den. After a few LFG's in chat, a bunch of us gathered at the nearest outpost and went in as a ragtag Ops group. I loved it... I mean, I panned around the camera as we rode in... all of us with different gear, different mounts and one purpose. I swear we needed our own theme music! Lol! Rada by Thomas Bergersen comes to mind.

The Imps were waiting for us with their own army and BAM! It was like a scene out of Braveheart, epic! And to be honest it was the first time I had my adrenaline going since... well, since the first time I faced Soa. And the kicker is that I'm not a PvP player. I have never been in a Warzone period.

My point for all of you, especially PVE folks of which I am one, is simply put down your pitch fork and just play the game as it is designed. You may find new ways to play and enjoy the game.

Bravo BW! Yes! A PVE section in the midst of an open world PvP raises the stakes. It takes us PVE'rs out of our comfort zone makes the game exciting. I welcome the overlap of game play and game styles. You adapt... or you fail to realize the games full potential.

ok, putting pitch fork down but just this once after you made me laugh.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really understand the point of open world PvP on PvE servers. Aren't PvP servers open world PvP all the time?

It's pretty obvious - pvpers don't actually like open world pvp unless they can gank some pvers. There's little to no world pvp on pvp servers, they need to find pve players before it can happen.

Bioware is just enabling these clowns.

Edited by lollie

It's pretty obvious - pvpers don't actually like open world pvp unless they can gank some pvers. There's little to no world pvp on pvp servers, they need to find pve players before it can happen.

... this has got to be some kind of joke right? clearly you don't play on a PVP server and clearly you never played Ilum when there were still rewards for doing it.

PvPers don't want to "gank pvers" they want to have rewards for engaging in the kinds of content that they play. Just like PvEers get rewards for daily quests for PvEing, PvPers want rewards, credits, comms, something for engaging in PvP.

Back when Ilum still had rewards it was packed. Every day like clockwork a massive column of Sith would roll out onto the icy plains to do battle against an equal sized column of Republic soldiers. A hundred strong at least they'd fight across the tundra, rocks and blaster bolts and lightning skipping through the chilled alien sky.

Now you see, this put a tremendous stress on their servers and on the clients and the Hero Engine simply could not handle the load. It would crash servers, bring down entire systems, drop players to 1FPS. They pulled it to redesign it in such a way that their client and servers could handle the stresses of the end result.

TLDR: PvPers don't want to gank PvEers they want to PvP and receive similar rewards for time invested in content that PvEers receive for dailies. They want a an OPvP zone implemented in such a way they can get more than 5FPS with their 3.4GHZ i7 and 2gb GPUs lol.

He speketh the truth. :rak_05:

Yes, that is what I said.

Here's the deal: I have tried PvP. Many times, in many games. Including this one. I do not like it. I do not want to be ganked while playing a game. The point of a game is that it is an enjoyable passtime. Getting ganked a hundred times just trying to get an item a vendor is not fun. Not the first gank, not the hundredth. That's not PvP - it's JvP (Jerk versus Player)..

ETA: I realize most PvPers do not care to do this. But it doesn't mean it doesn't happen, because there are jerks in every crowd.

Edited by Lyriel
Clarity

PvPers don't want to "gank pvers" they want to have rewards for engaging in the kinds of content that they play. Just like PvEers get rewards for daily quests for PvEing, PvPers want rewards, credits, comms, something for engaging in PVP.

So there should be no pve objectives in a pvp zone, and there should be no way to accidentally flag for pvp on a pve server when you haven't voluntarily flagged? Well Bioware seems to think otherwise - they deliberately offer pve players on a plate to the pvp players even on a pve server.

So there should be no pve objectives in a pvp zone, and there should be no way to accidentally flag for pvp on a pve server when you haven't voluntarily flagged? Well Bioware seems to think otherwise - they deliberately offer pve players on a plate to the pvp players even on a pve server.

... hyperbole and lies. Also you completely moved the goal posts. Do you actually have some kind of argument? What is it plainly and specifically you are arguing against because your initial tirade was "there's no such thing as PVPers, there's just jerks that gank us poor little pvers!!!!!" When I pointed out how absurd that argument was, you changed it to "well there are bugs that some jerks exploit that means there should never be rewards for OPvP!!!"

Edited by Durasturan

Here's the deal: I have tried PvP. Many times, in many games. Including this one. I do not like it. I do not want to be ganked while playing a game. The point of a game is that it is an enjoyable passtime. Getting ganked a hundred times just trying to get an item a vendor is not fun. Not the first gank, not the hundredth. That's not PvP - it's JvP (Jerk versus Player)..

ETA: I realize most PvPers do not care to do this. But it doesn't mean it doesn't happen, because there are jerks in every crowd.

Again, hyperbole. This has NEVER actually happened to you, never, not once. You are making the entire thing up. You know how I know? because the FIRST time you get ganked "just trying to get to a vendor" you can simply release, and guess where you are? You are instantly teleported to a vendor... lol. Additionally, the only way this could happen is if you are either on a pvp server in the first place (where you literally asked for it) or you attacked another player to flag yourself...

... hyperbole and lies.

I am stating how there is forced pvp on pve servers already. Not lies, not hyperbole. Bugs allow pve players to be involuntarily flagged ON A PVE SERVER. According to pvp players, there's less pvp on a pvp server than there is on pve servers - because of these bugs most likely. We don't need more ways to force pvp on the pve player on a pve server. No pve objectives should be in a pvp zone on a pve server. And they need to fix the forced flagging bugs as well.

Edited by lollie

I am stating how there is forced pvp on pve servers already. Not lies, not hyperbole. We don't need more ways to force pvp on the pve player on a pve server.

And if your comment had anything what so ever to do with what the conversation is actually about it might have some bearing or point, but since your statement in no way reflects on what they are talking about or what Ilum is, your comments are hyperbole... sooooo... yeah.

And if your comment had anything what so ever to do with what the conversation is actually about it might have some bearing or point, but since your statement in no way reflects on what they are talking about or what Ilum is, your comments are hyperbole... sooooo... yeah.

It's right on topic, unlike you. No pve players should have pvp forced on them on a pve server.

Again, hyperbole. This has NEVER actually happened to you, never, not once. You are making the entire thing up. You know how I know? because the FIRST time you get ganked "just trying to get to a vendor" you can simply release, and guess where you are? You are instantly teleported to a vendor... lol. Additionally, the only way this could happen is if you are either on a pvp server in the first place (where you literally asked for it) or you attacked another player to flag yourself...

You are incorrect. This has happened, and not just to me. The Rakghoul plague event allowed an exploit whereby you could be flagged involuntarily. When you release, it is not to any vendor, or the nearest - it is to a medical droid (of your faction).

You are incorrect. This has happened, and not just to me. The Rakghoul plague event allowed an exploit whereby you could be flagged involuntarily. When you release, it is not to any vendor, or the nearest - it is to a medical droid (of your faction).

I think you missed the point. Either that or you have no idea what medical droids do...

I think you missed the point. Either that or you have no idea what medical droids do...

I think you missed the point.... I think they are saying a vendor they need something from.

( not flaming you)

Like the vendor to get the black/green crystals in tat during the rak event.

I wouldn't classify the R plague a pvp event but that was the best pvp experience I had in this game.

So will 1.7 have world pvp? Depends on the players. I reckon it's gonna have it at first. Once the novelty wares off and people don't frequent it as much it'll prolly dwindle.

Perhaps you missed the point that the specific vendor is not a medical droid, and not in a location that is restricted to one's faction?

So will 1.7 have world pvp? Depends on the players. I reckon it's gonna have it at first. Once the novelty wares off and people don't frequent it as much it'll prolly dwindle.

IE once the pve players finally give up on ever completing these pve objectives without harassment...

It's right on topic, unlike you. No pve players should have pvp forced on them on a pve server.

Your entire point is meaningless because you have invented some straw man argument and substituted it in for what actual PvPers want from OPvP so that you have something to rail against.

PvPers have been asking for systematic and organized, rewarding OPvP options a kin to what Ilum was before but in a way that the servers and clients can handle the data. They want rewards. Originally, the OPvP zone on Ilum WAS JUST LIKE OUTLAWS DEN WHERE YOU WERE AUTO FLAGGED UPON ENTERING.

It is impossible to "gank" someone in an area that auto flags you for PVP because everyone knows, going in, this is area is for PVP and PVP will occur here. Just like you can't "gank" a PvEer in a wz... you can't "gank" a PvEer in a zone that is specifically designed and set aside for PvP.

You seem to be arguing that PvPers want every PvEer to be automatically flagged for PvP and we want rewards for flying to the enemy faction capital and ganking level 10's with our full EWH 50 Operatives and Sins. That's not what any PvPer is asking for, that's not what the conversation is about, but you are trying to frame that conversation in that way.

PvPers want to know when we will have our revamp to Ilum, you know that zone specifically designed and set aside for PVPERS to quest and fight in.

I think you missed the point.... I think they are saying a vendor they need something from.

( not flaming you)

Like the vendor to get the black/green crystals in tat during the rak event.

The original quote I responded to did not mention the R Plague or that vendor in any way shape or form, he only brought that up as an example after I pointed out that he was wrong in the general case.

Perhaps you missed the point that the specific vendor is not a medical droid, and not in a location that is restricted to one's faction?

I think you missed the point that was a one off event? We are talking about an OPvP zone, Ilum, you know that place SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED AND ADVERTISED AS BEING OPvP. PvPers want to know when they are bringing back OPvP, that thing that was heavily advertised and pulled in the first major patch in the game... but you can try and make this about ganking all you want, your argument is a red herring wrapped in a straw man with a splash of adhominem just for kicks.

The original quote I responded to did not mention the R Plague or that vendor in any way shape or form, he only brought that up as an example after I pointed out that he was wrong in the general case.

I thought that was what he/she was talking about all along..... shrug.

I think that is one of the bigger issues that people have about it.

I rarely pvp .... I don't like warzones. When the put the HK vendor in OD, I was not happy because I knew what it would bring. ( ganking ) and it did. But that was something that went away quickly.

You have to understand .... people play on pve servers ( mostly ) because they DON'T want to pvp. Nor should they be forced to.

I don't mind open world pvp, in fact most of my best pvp has been that way. It just should never be something that is forced.

Pvp servers....... all is fair game, hence why you roll on a pvp server. Making quests that are pve take place in pvp areas really does not make people happy, when it is on a pve server.

I thought that was what he/she was talking about all along..... shrug.

I think that is one of the bigger issues that people have about it.

I rarely pvp .... I don't like warzones. When the put the HK vendor in OD, I was not happy because I knew what it would bring. ( ganking ) and it did. But that was something that went away quickly.

You have to understand .... people play on pve servers ( mostly ) because they DON'T want to pvp. Nor should they be forced to.

I don't mind open world pvp, in fact most of my best pvp has been that way. It just should never be something that is forced.

Pvp servers....... all is fair game, hence why you roll on a pvp server. Making quests that are pve take place in pvp areas really does not make people happy, when it is on a pve server.

Again, you're completely missing the point. This entire conversation is about a zone SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED FOR PVP. Ilum was a place for OPvP to take place, it was designed for that one purpose. Now, here's the thing. If you give people who want OPvP a place for that to occur in and also rewards for participating in it then THATS WHERE IT WILL OCCUR.

When BW took away the OPvP zone the people that wanted to fight were forced to roam the planets looking for people to fight. By setting aside a specific place for this activity to occur in and giving them rewards for doing that there you at the same time reward the pvpers with content they've been clamoring for for nearly a year while at the same time helping the pvers by removing the ganking from the planets and putting it in one zone where they know its going to occur....

IMO open world pvp died with the invention of BGs years ago.

If you give BGs and world pvp the same carrot, people will always choose the most convenient and easiest of the two; BGs. If you give world pvp a large enough carrot for people to do it, people will say it isnt balance enough, and makes BGs obsolete. Either way the two compete for the same players, while trying to offer them something similar in design and reward; therefore more developers should wise up and stop dumping resources into a system that cant achieve success.